A note from the admin team
The two key principles upon which this community is founded are inclusiveness and freedom of expression.
It is of the utmost importance to us that our users feel that they are able to express themselves freely in whatever way they feel appropriate. As a part of this it is also essential that our members can express themselves in an environment in which they can feel assured that they will not encounter bullying or intimidation and where they know that they will not be unexpectedly exposed to any content which is gratuitously offensive, or may not be safe to view from an office computer. It is for this reason that the forum must have rules. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the following and please check back regularly as forum rules may change over time. If you have any questions about this information please contact the admin team who will be happy to help.
The rules of the forum are split into two sections. Guidelines which are administered at the discretion of the admin team and Absolute Rules which will be rigidly enforced. Failure to abide by the rules will result in disciplinary action as described below.
- Images posted to the forum should be of a reasonable size. Images larger than 800 x 600 should be posted as a link rather than embedding the image in the text.
- With the exception of the Watershed board offensive words should be kept to a minimum and should not be in large text Starring out of offensive words is encouraged.
- With the exception of Watershed you should not post anything that you do not believe to be "Work Safe". We ask that you apply your common sense to this rule and if you are unsure you should include a warning in the thread title, for example:
"A Thread About Goldfish (Contains some swearing)"
- Treat other forum members with respect even in situations where you disagree with their point of view.
- Posts should be written in intelligible English. Please try to refrain from using text slang, or 1337 to the detriment of readability.
The following is strictly forbidden.
- The use of HTML formatting in posts is permitted, however attempts to damage the forum with malicious HTML or other code is forbidden.
- Publishing users personal details on the forum unless they have already provided it elsewhere, or given you explicit permission to do so.
- Using the forum to exchange illegally copyrighted material including (but but not limited to) Music, Images, Video and Software, or providing links to sites with the intention of doing the same.
- Personal abuse (except when clearly in jest) towards other forum members.
- Language intended to incite Racism, Sexism, Religious Intolerance or Homophobia.
- Using abusive programmes not limited to bots, flooders and mailbombers.
- Images and Video containing nudity, or graphic violence may only be posted in Watershed.
- Images which contain strong sexual violence or contravene UK censorship laws may not be posted anywhere on the forum.
- Forum Signatures, Custom Titles and Avatars, must comply to the forum rules.
We will not allow language intended to incite intolerance of any person because of who they are. This may, for example, be on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexuality, or ideology (including political, philosophical or religious views). We do, however, welcome the civilised discussion, comparison and criticism of ideas, whatever they may be; but this may not stray into personal attack or oppression of any person or people.
This will be carried out purely at the discretion of the admin team and will typically involve the following actions in order of severity.
- PM from Admin team reminding user of forum rules
- Warning post in thread
- Deletion of offending post
- Locking of the parent thread
- Written warning from admin team
- Temporary suspension of user account
- Deletion of user account.
Forum Terms and Conditions
- Passwords are encrypted before they are stored in the user database, but TheDaddy.org Forum can accept no responsibility if they are compromised.
- Forum content and user accounts may be removed by the administrators at any time for any reason.
- If your account is removed as a result of breaking forum rules then even if you re-register, you post count will be back to zero.
- The decisions of the admin team are final.
Chief Administrator, TheDaddy.org Form