Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
The longest thread in the world... ever! - 181 to 210
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 7 of 12 - <<First  ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Thu 11th Aug '05 5:02PM
843 Posts
hay guys whut up in this thread

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 11th Aug '05 5:25PM
2708 Posts
You know I just realised that this thread has been going for over a month now! You've got to admit that that is pretty cool...

Okay, so it's nowhere near the level of the best computer games thread, which I think is somewhere around two years old, and of course any recycled birthday thread is going to beat it.

But considering it's been pretty much continually posted to that's still an awesome achievement!

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 11th Aug '05 5:31PM
2522 Posts
i think everyone deserves a glass of Egg Nog and a Kiplings French Fancy.

crikey, that sounds like a punishment, doesn't it?

okay, how about one of Arabstrap's pizzas?

and thus the sandwhich was born...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 11th Aug '05 6:29PM
4678 Posts
YOU ALL EVERYBODY!

YOU ALL, EVERYBODY!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 11th Aug '05 6:36PM
2708 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

You missed a smiley Look, right over here there's a gap ^

Although maybe he went to the toilet or overslept or something!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 11th Aug '05 6:55PM
4678 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

That one's shy.

The Guv
I have no idea what to put here........ HELP ME
Thu 11th Aug '05 8:32PM
320 Posts
Why not carry on this thread with ...........look what i can draw with smiley's??????

and............................I can draw nowt cos i am rubbish

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 15th Aug '05 9:53AM
2708 Posts
A man who REALLY likes his hat...

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 15th Aug '05 7:24PM
4213 Posts

/ /
.'<_.-._.'<
/ .^.
._ | -+- -+- | (_|_)
r- | / / //
/ : -=- /
`. .' ___.__`..;._.-'---... //
`` __.--" `;' __ `-.
/.--"" __., ""-. ".
;=r __.---" | `__ __' / .' .'
'=/"" .' .'
| __ __ / |
| -- -- //`'`'
| -- -- ' | //
| . |//

Not posters own work

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 16th Aug '05 8:26AM
2708 Posts
What is that? A demonic cow or something?

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Tue 16th Aug '05 2:46PM
1673 Posts
Amidst all these celebrations, I'm slightly concerned for about the validity of this "longest thread" accolade. You see, It's not escaped my notice that, in several places, one post has borne no relationship at all to any that have gone before it, and the conversation has therefore gone in a random other direction. I think that's more like several smaller threads stuck end-to-end. For the contest to be valid, I think we've got to try and join all the subjects together somehow.

I therefore would like to return forthwith to the pasta debate with one comment:

Kelly was bold enough to comment:

In terms of filled pasta, it's a close run thing between tortellini and canelloni, and I'm not sure I can make that decision yet.

Clearly the answer you're looking for is TORTELLONI. Like tortellini but much bigger - like, you get 4 or 5 of them in a meal.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 16th Aug '05 5:00PM
2708 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

Amidst all these celebrations, I'm slightly concerned for about the validity of this "longest thread" accolade. You see, It's not escaped my notice that, in several places, one post has borne no relationship at all to any that have gone before it, and the conversation has therefore gone in a random other direction. I think that's more like several smaller threads stuck end-to-end. For the contest to be valid, I think we've got to try and join all the subjects together somehow.

Aha! I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice this fact, and now I can show off my true genius of this thread when I reveal that EVERY SINGLE POST in this thread is both connected and even on topic!

To understand all you have to do is return to the very first post to see what this thread is actually about - it is in fact a thread about what topics would make the longest threads. It just so happens that what subjects would make the longest threads is in fact the subject that makes the longest thread!

Any post that seemed random, can now be seen as someone suggesting a new topic for discussion and people analysing it to see if it wass in fact worthy of this thread.

You see? GENIUS!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Tue 16th Aug '05 5:35PM
1673 Posts
Good grief - you're right. How ingenious. I insist you change you name to M. Night Shyalamanshu immediately.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Fri 19th Aug '05 2:17PM
838 Posts
I've not long got off a plane... This thread is scary in my current mental state!!!

I've also drunk more lager in the past few days than I have IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! (Because I don't drink lager, not because I've suddenly become an alcoholic.) However, when in Germany...

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 22nd Aug '05 1:53PM
4213 Posts
Lager is life giving, may I recomend Red Stripe as my Lager of choice at the mo.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 22nd Aug '05 2:48PM
2708 Posts
Actually, judging by the people I've seen living off lager, I believe you'll find only special brew has true life giving properties!

Personally I'd have to go with Ale these days. Granted there are times when only a lager will do, but then equally there are times when only a glass of wine will do, so... Anyway, ummm... yes, Ale, far better for the majority of the time

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 22nd Aug '05 4:41PM
2522 Posts
i have to agree with amanshu that ale is great.

however, for some time i've suffered from a highly sensitive gag reflex. coupled with my tendency to chug alcohol at a terrifying rate, this is a recipe for disaster (and a mucky carpet).

therefore, my drink of choice at the minute is budweiser. it gets you drunk but doesn't taste of anything so my gag reflex is kept at bay.

if anyone knows of any surgery (experimental or otherwise) that i can access to have my gag reflex removed, please let me know.

Clara
Wed 24th Aug '05 11:07AM
838 Posts
Thanks for the lager/ale tips folks. However, I have now lapsed back into my old ways. Vodka and white wine are once again my tipples of choice (not together though ). I do think, however, that I will sample the grain based beverages every now and then to provide comedy for my fellow drinkers - they make me go a bit dizzy (okay, dizzier than usual).

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 25th Aug '05 10:09PM
4597 Posts
Most ales are mightier than lager however when you get a bad ale, it's really bad. Tetleys for example. Ugh!
I'm a big fan of San Miguel these days. Very refreshing for a cold day and really rather tasty. Also you get 3 nice glasses out of one of them big bottles.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 26th Aug '05 8:52AM
2708 Posts
You realise this is the two hundredth post to this thread? How did that happen?

As for Lager/Ale, I think I'm going to have to join Diziet for a Bud. It's light, refreshing, if you pace yourself you won't get too drunk and it's perfect for a summer's day. Second up would have to be a decent Ale. Nothing major, and none o the dark bitters, but one of the lighter subtley flavoured ones...

I've also recently developed a taste for white wine, it's something quite nice to enjoy over a meal - oh, and there's always a place for G&T!

Unfortunately however, I seem to have found myself going off a good scotch recently. I don't know why exactly, but I'm finding it very upsetting.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 26th Aug '05 11:22AM
4213 Posts
I'm quite time of year dependant in my boozing.

In summer I tend to go for: Lager, Summery Ales, G&T maybe the occasional Reisling (Chardonay tastes like wee to me)

In winter I drink Ale, Port and lots of red wine.

Golden Glory is my Fav summer ale at the mo.
http://www.badgerbrewery.com/beers/glory.asp

I'm also totaly down with Spanners comments even Supermarket lager usually tastes ok if it's cold, but sometimes even fancy ales (Black Sheep springs to mind) taste of evil.

Doughnut
What am I doing here? And where are my shoes?
Tue 6th Sep '05 6:50PM
45 Posts
I think this thread is long over due for something new, like me!!!
Do you ever find that you've been reading TDDO and all of a sudden much too much time has gone by, when you were supposed to be doing something else, especially when at work...oops

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 6th Sep '05 7:01PM
4678 Posts
The thread has risen from the dead! Quick, someone stab it with a fork!

Doughnut was bold enough to comment:

Do you ever find that you've been reading TDDO and all of a sudden much too much time has gone by, when you were supposed to be doing something else, especially when at work...oops

Then I guess we're doing something right

If you haven't already, check out the 'Thedaddy Gold' board - the best of the best threads from times gone past, guaranteed to keep you distracted from work for an afternoon of hilarity, debate, and nonsense

Doughnut
What am I doing here? And where are my shoes?
Tue 6th Sep '05 7:12PM
45 Posts
You're right you're doing a fantastic job
Funnily enough I was just reading some "Gold", it's great stuff
I'm at work until 11pm , so I need good diverting material.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 7th Sep '05 12:17AM
4213 Posts
I find work an iritating distraction to my TDDO browsing.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Wed 7th Sep '05 3:32AM
4597 Posts
Yeah this place can suck you in, kinda like a dust-buster of chat.

When I'm bored I often stick random numbers after the 'ref_id=' on the address bar to bring up completely random and long forgotten threads. Ref_id (reference ID) is a unique number that identifies each thread in the system.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 7th Sep '05 10:18AM
2708 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

When I'm bored I often stick random numbers after the 'ref_id=' on the address bar to bring up completely random and long forgotten threads.

You know I've never considered doing it like that - I just go to the very first post and then start nexting through them! Or occasionally select a random old board and then read whatever thread catches my eye! There are some quality nuggets hidden away, and I often find myself desparately stopping myself from resurrecting them! It's fun

Clara
Wed 7th Sep '05 6:44PM
838 Posts
I'm glad it's not just me that prefers daddy.orging to working. I spend my days checking the clock and as soon as it's break time (and yes, it has been pointed out to me that I have LOTS of breaks in my job - at least 40 mins worth of paid ones per day) I log straight on. My colleagues have occasionally noticed this and are quite quizzical as to what I'm doing, and quite perplexed when I try to explain. I like to perplex - I think it will be my new main hobby.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 8th Sep '05 12:47AM
4213 Posts
If you perplex an individual enough you will find the perplexee will develop a fine crust of resedue known as perplexicant if you scrape off this viscous layer and subject it to a temperature of 500 kelvin and a presure of 10,000 PSI for arround 9 hours you will find it will develop into a clear sheet commonly called perplexiglass.
If you work this into a pair of discs and polish with a fine abrasive (I favour a 900 gauge diamond board for this task, but then we all know about that!) you will find you can mount them into a frame to make a pair of perplexticals, These are a pair of glasses through which every thing seems the same only slightly more sinister.
Alternatively you could go to kent.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 8th Sep '05 7:49PM
4678 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

My colleagues have occasionally noticed this and are quite quizzical as to what I'm doing, and quite perplexed when I try to explain.

It's quite amazing how few people seem to grasp the concept of an internet forum. I've all but given up explaining the concept to those who aren't already net-savvy. Usual responses:

'It's a chatroom then?'
'So where is everyone?'
'What do i write?'
'Is it a game?'

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 7 of 12 - <<First  ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedKelly is The Daddy