Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
The longest thread in the world... ever! - 211 to 240
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 8 of 12 - <<First  ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 8th Sep '05 8:33PM
4597 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:
and a presure of 10,000 PSI

Is that 'Perplexions per square inch'? 'Cos if so then it overtakes 'henrys' (measure of the density of magnetic flux if I remember correctly) as being my favourite unit.
Right now I think I'm at about 40 perplexions per square inch, but I'm considering having a sausage sandwich - that might drop it a few points. Sausages make me smile. I had 9 for dinner on Tuesday. That was a good day.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Fri 9th Sep '05 9:41AM
758 Posts
Ah, sausages. They are marvellous. I had one only last night.

EDIT: Due to the huge influx of private messages asking for further information, I am delighted to publically let you know that the sausage was spinach and gruyere flavour.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 9th Sep '05 3:54PM
2708 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

I'm glad it's not just me that prefers daddy.orging to working. I spend my days checking the clock and as soon as it's break time (and yes, it has been pointed out to me that I have LOTS of breaks in my job - at least 40 mins worth of paid ones per day) I log straight on.

I'm lucky enough to have two computers - so I just open up my browser first thing in the morning, and then check it regularly. But then you might have all noticed that I'm on a lot during the day (and when I forget to kill the browser in the evening, over night as well...)

The weird thing is I'm sure I used to have a number of web pages I went to before I was introduced to the daddy, but now when nothing's happened here I can't think of a single one to go and visit. It's very perplexing...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 9th Sep '05 5:04PM
4678 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

I'm lucky enough to have two computers - so I just open up my browser first thing in the morning, and then check it regularly. But then you might have all noticed that I'm on a lot during the day (and when I forget to kill the browser in the evening, over night as well...)

Actually, you only appear as 'online' to other forumgoers if you've loaded up a page in the last 5 minutes

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 9th Sep '05 6:19PM
2708 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Actually, you only appear as 'online' to other forumgoers if you've loaded up a page in the last 5 minutes

I stand corrected! Damn that Spanners he be good!

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Mon 12th Sep '05 12:47PM
838 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:

EDIT: Due to the huge influx of private messages asking for further information, I am delighted to publically let you know that the sausage was spinach and gruyere flavour.

Cheesy sausages? Not something I have had the pleasure of. Tasty?

Spanners*
Mon 12th Sep '05 4:15PM
4597 Posts

Cheesy sausages? Not something I have had the pleasure of. Tasty?

I've had pork and stilton sausages before and I gotta say they weren't working for me! Pork and leek however - yum!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 12th Sep '05 10:00PM
4213 Posts
Pork and apple.

AVE IT!

The Guv
I have no idea what to put here........ HELP ME
Wed 14th Sep '05 8:54PM
320 Posts
Agreed Pork and Apple damn i am hungry now mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Mon 3rd Oct '05 3:44PM
1673 Posts
Pork and apple? What is it with pork and apple?

I remember going to my friend's house for tea as a small child (me, not the tea). Whatever it was we were eating, his mum would always give us some pork sausages and a spoonful of stewed apple next to it.

Why? What's going on there?

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 3rd Oct '05 4:42PM
2708 Posts
It just... works I guess. I mean prok and apple is traditional, from apple sauce on your pork roast to the apple they used to shove in the pigs jaws before they slow roasted it, pork and apple are like... lamb and mint! Or turkey and cranberry, or beef and... horseradish I guess... Errr...

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 3rd Oct '05 5:28PM
2522 Posts

It just... works I guess. I mean prok and apple is traditional, from apple sauce on your pork roast to the apple they used to shove in the pigs jaws before they slow roasted it, pork and apple are like... lamb and mint! Or turkey and cranberry, or beef and... horseradish I guess... Errr...

or cheese and bacon.

mmm...cheese and bacon.

burp!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 3rd Oct '05 5:30PM
1558 Posts
I think there's a woefully misguided conspiracy somewhere responsible for encouraging pork and apples to be grouped together, in the hopes that one day evolution will take over and combine the two into a pig apple hybrid. A papple perhaps. Sadly, I foresee nothing but failure for their schemes.

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 3rd Oct '05 5:53PM
2522 Posts

Swoop was bold enough to comment:

I think there's a woefully misguided conspiracy somewhere responsible for encouraging pork and apples to be grouped together, in the hopes that one day evolution will take over and combine the two into a pig apple hybrid. A papple perhaps. Sadly, I foresee nothing but failure for their schemes.

well, that explains the following...

theres a butchers directly opposite a greengrocer on the road where i work. today i spotted the butcher sending a semaphore message to the greengrocer which translated as, 'thedaddy r on 2 us. close factory F4. fire up shuttle and prepare for orbit'.

could it be that thedaddy.org has brought about the downfall of the biggest conspiracy since The Monkees??

these are not the beards you are looking for...

Clara
Tue 4th Oct '05 8:23AM
838 Posts

Diziet was bold enough to comment:

or cheese and bacon.

mmm...cheese and bacon.

burp!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... Cheese and Bacon!!! A combo made in heaven.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 4th Oct '05 4:40PM
4678 Posts
Cheese, Bacon... and Black Pepper!

Especially fantastic baked into a loaf of bread

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 4th Oct '05 4:58PM
4213 Posts
I see your Cheese bacon and black pepper and raise you to cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 4th Oct '05 5:05PM
4678 Posts

I see your Cheese bacon and black pepper and raise you to cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast.

Stretch Raise - but we'll let that one go as we didn't get that far with the rules

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 4th Oct '05 5:36PM
2708 Posts

I see your cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast and raise you to cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast, lightly dusted with mixed herbs.

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Tue 4th Oct '05 5:49PM
1558 Posts
I wish I could see your cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast, lightly dusted with mixed herbs, but all I can see to eat is a glass of water and some sugar free mints.

Diziet
optical moose
Tue 4th Oct '05 6:00PM
2522 Posts

Swoop was bold enough to comment:

I wish I could see your cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast, lightly dusted with mixed herbs, but all I can see to eat is a glass of water and some sugar free mints.

awww mate. you can have my can of netto spaghetti bolognese if you want.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 4th Oct '05 7:57PM
2708 Posts
I wish I could see my cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast, lightly dusted with mixed herbs - but all I can see is some pasta'n'no sauce

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 4th Oct '05 8:31PM
4678 Posts
I see around 80 funsize bags of chocolate and some more vodka

This thread really isn't going to die is it?

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Tue 4th Oct '05 10:52PM
215 Posts
no, never!

i see, oddly enough, a baked potato with cheese, bacon and black pepper on it! and a cumberland ring....and lots of broccoli!!! yes, it's late, but i've had flu and i'm very hungry.

oh, and a cup of tea.

i knew nothing of this discussion. how odd.

which begs the question - what ARE the odds of eating cheese and bacon whilst reading a thread about it???

sorry...

Clara
Wed 5th Oct '05 8:28AM
838 Posts

I wish I could see my cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast, lightly dusted with mixed herbs - but all I can see is some pasta'n'no sauce

How about cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast with mixed herbs and barbeque sauce, all encased in a tasty ciabatta and served with a dressed salad? Probably one of my favourite things to cook... Oh, I really didn't eat enough breakfast this morning...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 5th Oct '05 9:41AM
2708 Posts

How about cheese, bacon and black pepper on a grilled chicken breast with mixed herbs and barbeque sauce, all encased in a tasty ciabatta and served with a dressed salad? Probably one of my favourite things to cook... Oh, I really didn't eat enough breakfast this morning...

Mornington Crescent!

No, wait...

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 5th Oct '05 2:17PM
4213 Posts

Mornington Crescent!

No, wait...

You Cad sir!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 5th Dec '05 12:32PM
4213 Posts
It still is at the moment, but I can see some overtaking happening!

Clara
Mon 5th Dec '05 12:36PM
838 Posts
Must keep thread going!

New debate then - best food for Christmas. Stuff mince pies, I'm with the turkey/gravy/roast potato combo all the way.

Spanners*
Mon 5th Dec '05 12:43PM
4597 Posts
OOh I'm glad someone bumped this thread 'cos it was looking like the Game of Life thread would overtake it pretty soon
Crimbo food - hmm, yeah the full roast wins hands down but then, it's really about 18 foods together in one highly appetising package. Mince pies rule and in my opinion there is no more christmassy smell than that of a freshly peeled satsuma.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 8 of 12 - <<First  ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy