Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
The longest thread in the world... ever! - 271 to 300
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 10 of 12 - <<First  ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Thu 22nd Dec '05 11:58PM
1558 Posts
This evening as I was walking alone along the streets of Manchester, searching for gifts for my family and slight solace for myself, a car drew near, bearing loud youths shouting "Oi you there! Mate! Merry Christmas! Oi Oi!"
In festive mood did I round on them, and in turn wished them Yuletide joy and festive flair; a smile had I for their exuberation.
This was not enough for them, these chaps, and closer I was beckoned, "I have a gift for you" one said "to welcome in the season"
His hand outstreched was proffered forth, his fist wrapped round an item, but what it was, I could not see, 'twas a mystery. Filled with the spirit of goodwill and hope, I trotted towards the vehicle, although to my shame I must confess, I thought it was a blag.
My hand reached out to take the gift and lo! My heart did soar, for deposited therein, once the gifting was done, lay a single gleaming sprout.
As the car removed, signalled by the changing of the traffic lights, and sped off into the dusk, a single call crew out the night; "Merry Christmas, you better f**king eat that!"

[all true, although I have to admit I may have paraphrased the exact wording used ]

The Guv
I have no idea what to put here........ HELP ME
Fri 23rd Dec '05 10:45AM
320 Posts
A plate full of sprouts is the ulitmate meal if you are a non meat eater................. only kidding, I have no idea what should be had if you dont eat meat, but i am sure Linda Mc or someone has that meat free turkey always worth a try. My mum had that one year and she really enjoyed it.

Happy Christmas to all

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 23rd Dec '05 7:32PM
4678 Posts

Swoop was bold enough to comment:
This evening as I was walking alone along the streets of Manchester, searching for gifts for my family and slight solace for myself, a car drew near, bearing loud youths shouting "Oi you there! Mate! Merry Christmas! Oi Oi!"
In festive mood did I round on them, and in turn wished them Yuletide joy and festive flair; a smile had I for their exuberation.
This was not enough for them, these chaps, and closer I was beckoned, "I have a gift for you" one said "to welcome in the season"
His hand outstreched was proffered forth, his fist wrapped round an item, but what it was, I could not see, 'twas a mystery. Filled with the spirit of goodwill and hope, I trotted towards the vehicle, although to my shame I must confess, I thought it was a blag.
My hand reached out to take the gift and lo! My heart did soar, for deposited therein, once the gifting was done, lay a single gleaming sprout.
As the car removed, signalled by the changing of the traffic lights, and sped off into the dusk, a single call crew out the night; "Merry Christmas, you better f**king eat that!"

[all true, although I have to admit I may have paraphrased the exact wording used ]

Wow. If a carful of stentorian youth drew up alongside and offered me a 'gift', I think I'd probably pull a carrier bag over my head and charge towards the nearest river.

Safety first, y'see

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Tue 3rd Jan '06 3:33PM
838 Posts
But DID you eat the sprout, Swoop? Twas their one request of you - did you do as they bid?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 16th Jan '06 11:17AM
2708 Posts
I notice that the pesky game of life thread has caught up again, and so it's entirely possible that the longest thread in the world... ever! is in fact the game of life being played online with other daddy.orgers. However, I refuse to accept that while there is one breath left in my body, and so that leaves me with only two questions:

What's your favourite vegetable?

and Swoop, did you eat the sprout?

Loo Rahhh
Don't kick my bum, don't kick my bum.
Mon 16th Jan '06 12:23PM
56 Posts
Funny that you should ask what people's favourite vegetable is as only yesterday I decided that I MUST eat more vegetables...existing on chocolate and pasta, it seems, may not actually be the way to go! Esp when one is a vegetarian and should be eating lentils and other such healthy things!

So, as a newbie to the world of vegetables and as someone who tends to only ever eat red peppers or courgettes, what else is out there!

Random vegetable suggestions please.........

p.s I should probably add that so called new beginning has been somewhat sabotaged by fateful moment where I was confronted with a vending machine offering either a mars bar or a banana...and now the pitiful wrapper lies discarded as I bow my head in shame.....

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Mon 16th Jan '06 2:03PM
758 Posts
I'd recommend roasting aubergine and mushrooms together with just a little bit of olive oil, some salt, and a herb that you like. Roast them on gas mark 8 for 20-30 minutes. You may also feel like adding some cherry tomatoes, but before you do - stop! Cherry tomatoes dribble whilst being roasted! Use a different baking tray for these.

What would you recommend?

Loo Rahhh
Don't kick my bum, don't kick my bum.
Mon 16th Jan '06 2:22PM
56 Posts
Hurrah - I love the idea of rogue, dribbling cherry tomatoes! How pesky they are. I assume roasting involves putting something in the oven.....I used to make a double potato hulloumi bake (back in the day) which involved normal potato and sweet potato roasted with peppers and bits of holloumi.

In case anyone is interested, I just ate a banana and am convinced that this marks the beginning of a new Loo Rahhh...nothing will be beyond me now - gym tomorrow!

Clara
Mon 16th Jan '06 3:28PM
838 Posts
Carrots, carrots, carrots - my favourite vegetable!

Alternatively, get a ready made sheet of puff pastry (don't try and make it yourself - a ridiculous waste of time) and upon it place pieces of brie and roasted cherry tomatoes, aubergine and onion (red is nicest). Brush with egg and roast in medium oven until cheese is melting and pastry is browned...

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Tue 17th Jan '06 1:22PM
212 Posts

Loo Rahhh was bold enough to comment:
nothing will be beyond me now - gym tomorrow!

The combination of the words 'gym tomorrow' and the bouncy green smiley made the words GIN TOMORROW form loudly in my head.

Oh dear, how worrying! Well, let's face it, gin to me is preferable to gyms no point trying to pretend it isn't

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sun 22nd Jan '06 11:55AM
4597 Posts
I'm much more about the fruit than the veg when it comes to healthyness. I've recently resurrected my joyful smoothie maker and can easily get my 5 portions a day in 2 tasty glasses. I strongly recommend a tin of peaches and 2 pears topped up with apple juice. Very refreshing stuff
The addition of white rum also makes for a mighty fine party drink!

Clara
Tue 31st Jan '06 10:39AM
838 Posts
There's a juice shop in York that does a fine pink grapefruit and orange juice. Quite glorious. They also do 'shots' of wheatgerm though - just say no!

Note also that this thread is currently not adhering to its own description - the GOL thread has overtaken! Come on!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 31st Jan '06 11:17AM
2708 Posts
We could always congratulate you for reaching 400 posts? I'm sure that would keep us going for a good few more posts.

Plus the GOL thread is more of a flash in the pan. It's the type of thing that will eventually die off never to be seen again, whereas this thread will continue to grow, like a rather fine grapevine. Eventually I believe it will develop it's own civilisation and use this as a base to take over the world.

We will be forced into subjugation by the little LTITW...E people who will over run us be sheer force of numbers. Nowhere will be safe from their territory grabbing arms, all ruled over by the ever present Thread, their God.

Ahem.

Is it Friday yet?

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 31st Jan '06 12:37PM
4213 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

Is it Friday yet?

It wasn't when I wrote this post, but it could be when someone else reads it.

Is this a fundanmental flaw of web forums?

Clara
Tue 31st Jan '06 1:04PM
838 Posts

We could always congratulate you for reaching 400 posts? I'm sure that would keep us going for a good few more posts.

I was going to mention it meself, but then I realised that you, Amanshu, joined the wonders of daddy.orging just a month before me and yet have racked up considerably more posts. Either I'm not as dedicated, or I actually have to do some work when I am at work...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 31st Jan '06 1:43PM
2708 Posts
It's possible you might suffer from a disease called "haven ail ife". Apparently it's on the rise around these here parts. It's pretty serious as I understand it, why sufferers are known to have all kinds of ailments.

Severe reactions have been known to cause a horrible attack of "haven fern" which can in some cases lead to tiredness and terrible headaches in the morning, and sometimes the afternoon as well. This is collectively known as a "hannova" Repeated attacks can lead to a further outbreak of "free-ens" on top of the hannova. This is a virulent outbreak, that has a tendency to propagate once a sufficiently large culture has found purchase.

Even worse, it can stop you from watching evening tv! A terrible fate I'm sure you'll agree.

Fortunately I'm currently free from this illness, long may I remain so. Hurrah!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 2nd Feb '06 1:35PM
4213 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:
I'm much more about the fruit than the veg when it comes to healthyness. I've recently resurrected my joyful smoothie maker and can easily get my 5 portions a day in 2 tasty glasses. I strongly recommend a tin of peaches and 2 pears topped up with apple juice. Very refreshing stuff
The addition of white rum also makes for a mighty fine party drink!

Ooo, I've got a juice maker and it's double super ace.
After you drink a glass you feel like you could jump tall buildings.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 2nd Feb '06 2:00PM
2708 Posts
You know I've always wanted a decent juicer. And also a breadmaker. The problem is I'm not sure if I'd ever actually use the things. Which is pretty much a shame.

Although I know my brother recommends a smoothie for breakfast. I believe he uses banana, apple and frozen fruits of the forest, and I've got to say on the few times I've had them they have been mighty fine.

Plus the shots of wheatgerm aren't that bad. True I wouldn't want to have one every day, but they do make a fun little surprise every once in a while. Plus you feel all healthy for the rest of the day. Until you get to the pub obviously...

Clara
Thu 2nd Feb '06 3:13PM
838 Posts
I want a breadmaker too! In fact, I am very tempted to invest in one asap... I bought a loaf from a well known supermarket's bakery section last weekend which described itself as 'multigrain' as they had none of my usual granary favourite there. Oh, bad move. Took me half an hour to eat two slices of toast, it was that dense and chewy. And I'm not a happy Clara if I don't get my toast of a morn.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 2nd Feb '06 3:21PM
2708 Posts
I've got to say that it's very hard to beat granary toast. There's something just delightful about it, just the right amount of give, mixed with a much fuller flavour. I've carefully spent the last few years converting my flat to it by dint of refusing to eat anything else and going out to buy it if there's none available

I've also got to say, that's one also a mark against the breadmaker. I'm not sure how much extra stuff is needed to make it...

Clara
Thu 2nd Feb '06 3:26PM
838 Posts
Oh yes, granary toast is certainly my preferred way of starting the day. Soft, fresh, granary bread is also a marvellous companion to soup. I'm sure making it wouldn't be THAT difficult?!

In the meantime, I highly recommend Tesco's in-house bakery's Hovis Granary. Totally gorgeous. (Kind of gives away who also made the indigestable multigrain too!)

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 2nd Feb '06 3:33PM
4213 Posts

You know I've always wanted a decent juicer. And also a breadmaker. The problem is I'm not sure if I'd ever actually use the things. Which is pretty much a shame.

I have a Juice Lady Jr and it makes mighty fine juice. They are a bit different to smoothie makers (which are basicly blenders) the cool thing about them is that you can put in whole apples and things witout having to peal or core them and you get lovely juice and all the ik gets fired out of the back.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 15th Feb '06 2:49PM
4213 Posts
We've only got 50 posts left to beat the Game of life thread.

We can do it!

Edit:
As the originator of the Game Of Life thread, I condemn your attempts to subvert its glory. So much do I condemn such attempts that I have written this comment by editing it into your post, so as to avoid adding one more to this thread. Ha! Malcolm.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 15th Feb '06 3:36PM
2708 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

As the originator of the Game Of Life thread, I condemn your attempts to subvert its glory. So much do I condemn such attempts that I have written this comment by editing it into your post, so as to avoid adding one more to this thread. Ha! Malcolm.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 15th Feb '06 3:47PM
2708 Posts
Malcolm, as the originator of the Longest Thread in the world... ever, I condemn your attempts to subvert its glory. So much do I condemn such attempts I have reposted your edit as a post, so that it can add one more to this thread

I'd also like to point out that the glory of the GOL thread is a completely different glory to the TLTITW...E thread (try saying that five times fast). The whole point of the TLTITW...E thread is that it's longer than any other thread. That's its purpose. The purpose of the GOL thread, however, is to contain a fun and exciting game of GOL in a thread. Which it successfully did.

All you are doing with these cheap attempts upon the TLTITW...E thread is embarass this thread, embarass the GOL thread, embarass the entire universe and worst of all you've embarassed yourself.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 17th Feb '06 12:45PM
4213 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

I have replied to your post without really having anything to say.

See how your post has snowballed in to an avalanche of posting!

WAHAHAHAHAA!

Clara
Fri 17th Feb '06 3:47PM
838 Posts
This is me posting so that another post is added to the thread...

I need to do something pointless as this week I have prepared to move house (happening next week - agghhhh!. So much stuff, soooooooo much stuff) and prepared for an interview for an internal promotion at work. I do not recommend doing these two things at the same time.

There will be a period of seven days beginning at the end of next week when I will actually move house and have sundry items delivered to new house (thereby necessitating time off work at the very time when I should be there most) AND have said interview. You will find me at the bottom of a glass of wine...

I'm not really complaining - I've been wanting these things to happen for a very long time. It's just that I never factored on them happening together.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 17th Feb '06 8:47PM
4213 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:
Having pondered for the past few days on what the best course of action might be, I thought I'd seek some advice. Of course, I wanted to express my support for Malcolm in maintaining the superior length of the GOL thread over the LTITWE thread, but how to do so? To post on that thread would be counter-productive, but to remain silent would not help either. I'm sure you understand my dilemma.

So I've decided to start a third thread, with the specific aim of bettering TLTITWE. So far the only reasonably likely source of support for this seems to be Malcolm. What do you reckon? Can we do it? Come on!

We have rivals!

Gather arround TLTITWE faithfull and let's see off this abomination!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 17th Feb '06 11:39PM
2708 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:

Gather arround TLTITWE faithfull and let's see off this abomination!

We shall be victorious!

Unless we lose of course, in which case we won't be.

Clara
Mon 20th Feb '06 10:14AM
838 Posts
Maybe...

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 10 of 12 - <<First  ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMagina is The Daddy