Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
The longest thread in the world... ever! - 91 to 120
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 4 of 12 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 26th Jul '05 11:30AM
758 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:

I think, and I might be mistaken, but I really do think, that this will be the start of page four! Welcome, welcome to page four. Enjoy yourselves, but use it wisely because when it's gone it won't come back.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 26th Jul '05 11:37AM
2708 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:

Welcome, welcome to page four.

So close...!

I forget - what is ususally on page four anyway? I mean page three's obvious, but four...?

As for the pringles - barbecue all the way! OR occasionally plain. BUT you've got to eat them upside down so you get the full flavour on your tongue. Mmmmmmm....

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Tue 26th Jul '05 12:21PM
510 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

I prefer bovril to marmite too (bovril on toast - true comfort food of childhood) but I can go with the flow. As for Pringles... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
I can eat whole tubes of the salt and vinegar ones, but it does damage to my tongue.

It's the corners of the mouth that suffer for me. I'm sure my mouth has increased in width by a few milimeters due to Pringle Burn, hence I tend to stick to the sour cream & chive ones, not quite as corrosive. But on the whole, I think I prefer Kettle Chips.

Marmite is brilliant.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 26th Jul '05 1:09PM
2708 Posts
I'm the only person here who truly understands the evil that is marmite - aren't I?

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 26th Jul '05 2:23PM
4213 Posts
I think you have to be introduced to it at a young age or you never like it.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Tue 26th Jul '05 3:17PM
838 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

I'm the only person here who truly understands the evil that is marmite - aren't I?

'Fraid so. Yeast based spreads are us!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 26th Jul '05 4:04PM
2708 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

Yeast based spreads are us!

Does anyone at least understand the joy of chocolate spread and peanut butter?

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Tue 26th Jul '05 4:32PM
1673 Posts

YES! You used to be able to (and maybe still can?) get a jar of peanut butter & chocolate spread together - in swirly patterns! It was brilliant!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Tue 26th Jul '05 5:46PM
4597 Posts
Anyone remember those Pringles Ridges. They were my all time favourite. Plain flavour but the texture and crispiness are were stuff of kings.
Bring them back to me!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 26th Jul '05 8:13PM
4678 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

YES! You used to be able to (and maybe still can?) get a jar of peanut butter & chocolate spread together - in swirly patterns! It was brilliant!

You can get a cheap n' nasty version of this at Asda.

However, for the ultimate heart-attack sandwich you need Sun-Pat crunchy peanut butter, Nutella chocolate & hazelnut spread, and raspberry jam. So wrong, yet oh so right.

Pringles just don't do it for me ever since the time I lived off them for 2 weeks at uni... blergh

[Edit: 100th post in legendary thread, go me!]

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 26th Jul '05 10:57PM
4213 Posts
I think you will find the officialy worst for you sandwich in the world is the "Fools Gold" Elvis's favorite snack which he famously chartered a jet to collect from his favorite diner.

Fool's Gold Loaf
2 tablespoons butter

1 loaf Italian white bread

1 pound lean bacon

1 large jar Skippy smooth peanut butter

1 large jar Smucker?s grape jelly

Preheat the oven to 350f. Spread the butter generously over all sides of the loaf.
Place the bread on a baking sheet in the oven. Meanwhile, fry the bacon until it
is crisp and drain it thoroughly on paper towels. Remove the loaf from the oven
when it is evenly browned, after approximately 15 minutes. Slice the loaf lengthwise
and hollow out the interior, leaving as much bread along the wall as desired. While
the bacon is still warm, fill the insides of the loaf with peanut butter and jelly to
taste. Arrange the bacon slices inside the cavity, or, if desired, layer the bacon
slices between the peanut butter and jelly. Close the loaf. Savor.

Yield: 1 serving (Elvis), 8 to 10 servings (others)

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 27th Jul '05 8:29AM
2708 Posts

You used to be able to (and maybe still can?) get a jar of peanut butter & chocolate spread together - in swirly patterns! It was brilliant!

I think they've discontinued the original now - people seemed to prefer buying it separately and making it themselves so they could get the balance of flavours right. Plus it always seemed to get messed up so you just ended up with this weird peanut butter/chocolate spread mess thing that nobody liked - the colours were half the fun!

Also discovered great joy from a pesto and mayonnaise sandwich accompaniment. It offsets ham quite marvellously!

Allen Key
Wed 27th Jul '05 11:19AM
510 Posts
You can get Snickers spread, which I imagine is a similar thing, all swirly.

A smidge of pesto in your tuna mayo sandwich is also marvellous.

Malcolm*
Wed 27th Jul '05 2:05PM
1673 Posts
Snickers spread... now I like the idea of that.

It reminds me of one of the best sandwiches I ever devised:

Take one pitta bread. Grill lightly on each side - very lightly, just enough to make it swell up so you can slit it open. Apply a very thin layer of margarine to the inside. Insert a whole Kit Kat. Grill on both sides for a little longer. Marvellous!

I've tried to tempt people to the Kit Kat in Pitta Bread (or, as my co-gastronome at the time accidentally said, Pit Kat and Kitta bread) but usually to no avail. However, on the rare occasion when people have been willing to try it, it's been a resounding success. Go forth and eat! I urge you!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 27th Jul '05 3:07PM
2708 Posts
Why on earth did you decide to try and create kit kat sandwich? And with pitta bread? And Toasted???

Clara
Wed 27th Jul '05 3:19PM
838 Posts

Why on earth did you decide to try and create kit kat sandwich? And with pitta bread? And Toasted???

Was it inspired by that well known Scots delicacy, the deep fried mars bar?

I am currenly rediscovering the delights of angel cake, thanks to Mr Kipling's exceedingly good offers at Tesco.

I haven't thought of toasting it though...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 27th Jul '05 4:33PM
4678 Posts
Believe me, if you guys knew some of the sandwiches Malcolm's come up with over the years, you wouldn't be surprised at Pitta-Kats

Do you use a 2-stick, a 4-stick, or a chunky?

Malcolm*
Thu 28th Jul '05 9:14AM
1673 Posts

As I remember, we were in my friend Jack's house, and his house is the sort of house that has things like Kit Kats and pitta bread generally available. Late one night, it just seemed an obvious combination.

Pitta bread - because other bread would be too soft and you'd get the annoying effect where the bread gets all squashed & mangled while the filling is hard & solid.

Toasted - to melt the chocolate a bit! I'd have thought that would have been obvious.

4-finger is ideal (then you can separate the fingers into groups of 2 for more even pitta coverage); otherwise 2 would be ok - but definitely not Chunky.

Clara
Thu 28th Jul '05 10:12AM
838 Posts

Pitta bread - because other bread would be too soft and you'd get the annoying effect where the bread gets all squashed & mangled while the filling is hard & solid.

There's science behind this, folks! I look forward to being offered such delicacies at some point.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 28th Jul '05 12:55PM
4213 Posts
Has anyone ever witnessed the Joy that is a tim-tam explosion?

Can be done with a penguin in a pinch.

Clara
Thu 28th Jul '05 12:58PM
838 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:

Has anyone ever witnessed the Joy that is a tim-tam explosion?

Can be done with a penguin in a pinch.

Is that where you suck up your tea/coffee through the biscuit? Think I saw it done on Graham Norton once...

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 28th Jul '05 1:04PM
4213 Posts
Exactly right if you are a lover of the cuppa and the bickie then I suggest giving it a go post haste, forthwhith and without further ado.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 28th Jul '05 1:15PM
2708 Posts
I'm not sure I understand - is that like biting the ends off a kit kat and sucking tea/coffee through it, or are we talking partially dunking a digestive and sucking?

Allen Key
Thu 28th Jul '05 1:44PM
510 Posts
Ooooh, the Tim Tam Slam *Homer Simpson-style drooling*. Absolutely brilliant if you use the ones with chewy caramel in the middle

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 28th Jul '05 2:45PM
4213 Posts
You bite oposite corners of penguin or tim-tam then use them as a straw in a cup of tea.
The moment you taste tea you eat the biscuit whole which explodes in a haze of hot gooey goodness.

Try it...

no really...

no do...

Malley
Number9Number9Number9 Number9Number9Number9 Number9Number9
Thu 28th Jul '05 4:33PM
55 Posts
I have never tried a tim-tam explosion but I have a feeling that one day very soon, I will. Its imminent. The idea of a Pit-Kat sarnie also appeals (see above). I'm sure if it hadn't have been for that Jamie Oliver bloke, we could have marketed these ideas again, at children. Chlidren are our future, let us feed them.

Let me throw this one into the ring then...

...Get yourself some super noodles (proper egg noodles are far too superior for this) and boil them up. Mix some baked-beans, chopped ham, tinned tomatoes and peperomi/chorizo sausage. You can also add Garlic and almost any herb you care to think of. Thickly slice some mild cheddar and put it all in an oven dish with the cheddar as a topping. Takes a good half hour to cook, but voila!!

I called it Brilliage Pormaine (in a french accent) which means nothing. It just sounds culinary.

http://www.the-echo.co.uk

For the best band in Leeds, honest.

Roooaaaaarrr!!!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 28th Jul '05 5:55PM
4213 Posts
I think before we get to page 5 someone had better mention that the correct collective noun for baboons is a flange.

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 28th Jul '05 6:01PM
2522 Posts
the collective noun for baboons is a flange.

there ya go

hang on, is this page 5 now?

in that case, the collective noun for rattlesnakes is a rhumba.

and thus the sandwhich was born...

Malcolm*
Thu 28th Jul '05 7:09PM
1673 Posts

Malley was bold enough to comment:

I have never tried a tim-tam explosion but I have a feeling that one day very soon, I will. Its imminent.

Ordinarily I'd agree (and can even envisage its occurring in the workplace tomorrow, but... What's a tim-tam? And can you buy them in Yorkshire?

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 28th Jul '05 8:49PM
4597 Posts
Trouble is if you dunk for slightly too long it'll fall straight into your brew. Or if you're too vigorous in the cup-to-mouth transfer. It's a fine art my friends, a fine art.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 4 of 12 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy