Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Worst animal and why?? - 1 to 30
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 1 of 2 - 1, 2  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Malley
Number9Number9Number9 Number9Number9Number9 Number9Number9
Thu 14th Jul '05 4:34PM
55 Posts
Nature is a many splendoured thing. For example, cats are pretty good, and dogs are loyal to the death. However, my vote for the worst of God's creatures goes to the pigeon. Its worse than a rat because its faecies are often airborn.

I'm open to persuasion though.

www.the-echo.co.uk

For the best band in Leeds, honest.

Roooaaaaarrr!!!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 14th Jul '05 4:40PM
4678 Posts
Rat's faeces can be airborne if you throw them a lot

Welcome aboard, Malley

My vote for worst animal goes to the goat. They're ugly, they eat your tea-towels given half a chance, and their meat and milk are both iffy at best. Really, the beard is all they have going for them...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 14th Jul '05 4:46PM
2708 Posts
Greetings Malley! Welcome to the fun and merriment!

Personally I'd have to go with Ducks. Mainly becasue their evil, and if you disagree with me try finding a lake nearby that has a number of ducks in it, and then make the terrible mistake of starting to throw some bread into it. For bonus fear, try doing it during spring when their all in heat...

After the first piece of bread look up at the water and all you will be able to see is a swarm of ducks heading your way - fast.

At this point I recommend throwing the bread away and running. It's your only hope...

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Thu 14th Jul '05 4:56PM
510 Posts
Welcome Malley!

Geese are so much more evil than ducks - white geese are the worst, but the grey ones are pretty bad too. I once saw a goose fighting a dog, and the dog ran away in terror.

Canadian geese are ok.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 14th Jul '05 4:59PM
2708 Posts

Allen Key was bold enough to comment:

Welcome Malley!

Geese are so much more evil than ducks - white geese are the worst, but the grey ones are pretty bad too. I once saw a goose fighting a dog, and the dog ran away in terror.

Canadian geese are ok.

Oh, you just reminded me, the worst animal I ever saw was on "britain's worse pets". It was absolutely amazing, there's these two huge rottweillers in a scrap, obviously terrified and scared (I felt slightly bad for them actually ) not knowing how to stop, this rabid ball of fluff that turned out to be a very cute little bunny rabbit.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 14th Jul '05 5:56PM
4213 Posts
The most deadly creature of all is of course the Hepititus Bee.

D'ya see what I did there?

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 14th Jul '05 6:02PM
4597 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:

The most deadly creature of all is of course the Hepititus Bee.

D'ya see what I did there?

I dunno, the Bowel Cancer Armadillo is pretty deadly too.
Alpacas are pretty mean. One once spat in my face in Peru just cos I was trying to get a picture with it (check, the pic just captured my recoil). I got my own back though - alpaca steak for dinner that night. Yum!

Greetings Malley. Hope everything is going swimmingly your side.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 14th Jul '05 8:41PM
4678 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

One once spat in my face in Peru just cos I was trying to get a picture with it (check, the pic just captured my recoil).

I love this picture, it makes me wish I had Photoshop skillz

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Fri 15th Jul '05 8:32AM
758 Posts
Welcome Malley!

I think, in fact, the question needs to be broken down in to various different sections in order that a full enough answer can be given. I think at the very minimum we need 'insect', 'not-insect', and 'water-based' categories. In the insect category, of course the spider would be the worst but all of them are bit crap. For non-insect, the goat tops the bad-animal charts for obvious reasons. And in water-based for now I vote for eels, until something nastier and water-based arrives.

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Fri 15th Jul '05 9:23AM
510 Posts
Can the insect category be further sub-divided into 'flying' and 'non-flying'? Because spiders obviously, but I really, REALLY hate moths. Especially the huge ones whose wings you can hear flapping.

Malley
Fri 15th Jul '05 9:45AM
55 Posts
Wow, this could turn into an annual award ceremony...'and this year's prize for the worst airborn insect goes to...'

Well, I'd plum for the wasp everytime. At least Bees go down in kamikaze style and have to think very seriously before stinging. I mean, why would you ever sting somebody if you were a Bee? What can be so irritating that it leads you to wrenching your insides out whilst exacting revenge? Wasps just go at you, 2,3,4...5 times in one barrage the little sods.

In defence of Goats, has anybody seen a pygmy goat? They probably eat shirts and your ice-cream too, but they are very mild mannered. I met some at Paignton Zoo in Devon.

www.the-echo.co.uk

Roooaaaaarrr!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Wannabe
Forummer
Fri 15th Jul '05 3:12PM
If you were to choose a contest between a hundred animals of one breed against another hundred animals of another breed what would you choose?

Now we first must remove Elephants from the equation, because they are too big and hard.

But otherwise, I would pick a hundred hippos against any other animal for the prize.

For entertainment a hundred hyenas agaisnt a hundred lions would be a serious match up.

We can also include some advanced tactics and thoughts, as birds of prey such as the Condor, a hundred of those beasts against a hundred grisly bears, well, I'd pick the birds to win.

Sam
The Echo

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 15th Jul '05 3:56PM
2708 Posts
Greetings Sam!
But you've done it all wrong - you need to go click on the link up in the top right - you know, the one that says register/login, and then sign away your soul... No! Wait, I mean sign up! Yes, that's right, sign up... It's really the only thing to do in polite society, and virtually fat free too!

(No, I don't know what I'm talking about either...!)

Go on, now, don't worry it'll be fine!

Hmmm... I think I'd have to go for something really amusing, like 100 dormice versus 100... hmmm... it's actually quite hard to think of something of a comparable size...

Ah, 100 sugar gliders would be about right! I can just see them now, the dormice with little bow and arrows they've constructed from matchsticks, paperclips and rubber bands, the sugar gliders floating above their heads dropping stones on them!

I think it'd be hilarious!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 15th Jul '05 4:44PM
4678 Posts
What about 100 gorillas vs 100 ninjas?

Or 100 sugar gliders vs one ninja? Not so stealthy now are you, Mr. Flailing-Around-Drowning-In-Bats?

Hi Sam!

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Fri 15th Jul '05 8:29PM
758 Posts
Welcome Sam! I think 100 aardvarks versus 100 octopi would be good.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 15th Jul '05 11:58PM
4678 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:

Welcome Sam! I think 100 aardvarks versus 100 octopi would be good.

Surely that would just result in 100 aardvarks ineffectually sniffing at 100 suffocated octopi?

Either that or 100 octopi swimming bemusedly around 100 drowned aardvarks...

Actually, I think you may be onto something here

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Mon 18th Jul '05 3:27PM
838 Posts
Hello Malley!!!

This is a little spooky, but in coming up with an expedition rating scheme on the 'Odyssey' thread, Amanshu and I used the 'Mally' as our unit of measurement of choice... Obviously we were unaware of the true spelling, but still...

You may need to look at the thread to work out what the hell I am talking about!!!

Oh and worst animal is a malcontent cow (I came across such a thing yesterday in a field near Helmsley).

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 18th Jul '05 5:15PM
1558 Posts
The worst animals are like totally humans dude! Right on, yeah
Actually, I think the worst animals are probably tiny little yappy dogs. Any species, I'm not bothered, just all little rat dogs. Big dogs, I like, and I have no problem with rats, but given we've got those prefectly good options, I see no need for ankle-biting headache-inducing balls of grumpy fluff.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 18th Jul '05 5:29PM
4213 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

Oh and worst animal is a malcontent cow (I came across such a thing yesterday in a field near Helmsley).

Having been stampeded by cows in the past I can confirm that this is the case.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Wannabe
Forummer
Mon 18th Jul '05 6:53PM
me and my girlfriend were sat in a field near her house once and a herd of cows snuck up on us.

upon sighting the ghastly blighters i advised her to strike a submissive posture and immediately put my head between my knees.

at this point, my girlfriend went into fits of giggles and pointed out that they were cows and not gorillas.

apparently, she didn't grow up reading gary larson like what i did!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 18th Jul '05 8:03PM
4213 Posts
I have on occasion shouted:
"Oh no a cow, quick you must stick your head between my legs!"
but to no avail.....

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 19th Jul '05 8:27AM
2708 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:

I have on occasion shouted:
"Oh no a cow, quick you must stick your head between my legs!"
but to no avail.....

I know! Cows never listen when you do that, it's like they don't understand english or something!

Malley
Tue 19th Jul '05 12:26PM
55 Posts
With referance to the name 'Mall(e)y' - it is a spooky coincidence but as a diminutive form of my surname, its something I have long lived with. In fact, rather like Brazilian footballers who become know by one name (ie Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, erm...Alan et al) even my closest friends have forgotten my real first name.

To further the debate, I dislike horses intensely. I feel for the dog-walker who has to clean up after the dog, but what about the jodper-clad silver-spoon mouthed teenage 'ladies' that can let their horses soil our pavements. There are no such sanctions, the pile remains for days!

Also, are horses just gigantic dogs?

http://www.the-echo.co.uk

Roooaaaaarrr!!!

Clara
Tue 19th Jul '05 12:49PM
838 Posts
Re Brazilian footballers with one name - never forget the genius of Juninho!!! (Long suffering Boro fan talking there...)

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 19th Jul '05 4:30PM
4213 Posts

Malley was bold enough to comment:

To further the debate, I dislike horses intensely. I feel for the dog-walker who has to clean up after the dog, but what about the jodper-clad silver-spoon mouthed teenage 'ladies' that can let their horses soil our pavements. There are no such sanctions, the pile remains for days!

Also, are horses just gigantic dogs?

Me too

I used to live over the road from a stables which allowed me to spend a lot of time dedicated to the dislike of horses especialy when walking home in the dark and going ankle deep.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 20th Jul '05 11:53AM
2708 Posts
Bring back the horse whip, that's what I say!

Seriously though, can you imagine if that law was actually passed? So you got horse riders going around with big clear sacks and horse scoopers, every so often getting off the horse so they could go add some more fresh manure to the stinking sack on their back? It'd be glorious!

I suppose in their defence they don't necessarily know that the horse is going to the loo behind them... I don't know, I've never really ridden horses - do you know if the horse you're own is going to the loo?

Malley
Mon 25th Jul '05 1:42PM
55 Posts
Maybe its because my road seems to be on the route of a pony treck every weekend, but I just can't excuse that amount of number 2 in a public space. Perhaps I should bag it up and sell it as premium fertiliser. Or better still, to show them the error of their ways, stick to the old adage that if you can't beat them, join them.

That would learn them, and possibly get me arrested. However, if i were to be arrested then I could use the media to hilight my cause. I might start a new thread inviting other people's experiences/opinions on the extensive soiling of our pavements and highways by the local equine brigade.

Become part of my organisation...

FAECES (Federation Against Equine Crap Ending Sanity).

Roooaaaaarrr!!!

Clara
Mon 25th Jul '05 3:24PM
838 Posts

Become part of my organisation...

FAECES (Federation Against Equine Crap Ending Sanity).

You going to have a badge for that?!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 25th Jul '05 5:19PM
4597 Posts

Or better still, to show them the error of their ways, stick to the old adage that if you can't beat them, join them.

That would learn them, and possibly get me arrested.

I dunno, marathon runners seem to get away with it. If you get your collar felt, just tell the dibble that you're doing a quick 26

Malley
Thu 28th Jul '05 2:30PM
55 Posts
Badges, Tshirts, charity fund-raising days. Anything that raises awarenes. It could be called Horse H8, or something.

Anyone going to the TDDO gathering on the 1st October, bring this debate to the table. It needs to be heard.

Roooaaaaarrr!!!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 1 of 2 - 1, 2  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMalcolm is The Daddy