Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
TDDO Forum Meet - 121 to 150
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 5 of 6 - <<First  ... 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sat 3rd Sep '05 1:01PM
4597 Posts
Ooh this is complicated!

OK with the addition of Deanery to our merry band here's how it now stands:
Malcolm, Kelly, Clara, Deanery - doubles here

Demian, Swoop and one of Amanshu, General, Allen Key and Mildred - singles here

Spanners and the other 3 - twins here

Oooood in his very own bed a mile down the road.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Sat 3rd Sep '05 11:10PM
758 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:

Welcome Dappylass and Doughnut!

I hope this picture of a goose helps you to get through the hard times:

[ADMIN EDIT - Fixed love General]

Thank you, but I do have to say, it doesn't look much like a fixed love general to me.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Sat 3rd Sep '05 11:51PM
2708 Posts
Finally got around to getting my choc-tastic ticket booked - there was some annoyance where it didn't want to let me have on,e but that's all fixed now

Yay!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sun 4th Sep '05 7:27PM
4678 Posts
I just want to say that the huge amount of work (sorting hotels etc) that Spanners is having to co-ordinate for this has not gone unappreciated.

I was going to suggest we all owe him a pint, but really... this is the first physical meeting of the subculture he's founded, it's really got to be a 'Free Beer For Spanners' type event, wouldn't you all say?

Can't wait to meet you all, we've debated / shared / created so much nonsense over the last 2.5 years! My only real regret is that Dregan won't be able to make it

27 DAYS TO GO!

Kelly*
Mon 5th Sep '05 9:45AM
758 Posts
Hooray for Spanners! I'd agree with the free bar.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 5th Sep '05 10:51AM
2708 Posts
I'll happily pay my share of Spanners drinks!

free bar.

Free bar? Where? What?

Oh. I see. Right. Yes.
Please don't use those words in vain again. It's very upsetting to someone of my persuasion...

Spanners*
Mon 5th Sep '05 11:21AM
4597 Posts
Aw guys yer all great, but you've all given me way more than I could have given you with this place. Spanners, he pay his share

26 days to go! - which coincidentally enough is exactly the gestation period of a gerbil.

Kelly*
Mon 5th Sep '05 11:42AM
758 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

26 days to go! - which coincidentally enough is exactly the gestation period of a gerbil.

Well in that case, I think we should all endevour to get a newly pregnant gerbil today in order to bring its offspring to the meet in a celebratory fashion.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Mon 5th Sep '05 1:01PM
212 Posts

Well in that case, I think we should all endevour to get a newly pregnant gerbil today in order to bring its offspring to the meet in a celebratory fashion.

Kelly, for a moment I misread your post and thought you were exhorting each of us to impregnate a gerbil, but now I see you meant us just to go to a pet shop and buy a gerbil recently impregnated by another gerbil. That is much less worrying. Good

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 5th Sep '05 1:08PM
2708 Posts
Plus it means there's much less chance of a sudden attack of were-gerbil type beings roaming the countryside and viciously savaging fields of corn for food.

And that I think is something we can all agree is a good thing. Although it might also lead to even more baffled cattle. Hmmm... tough call...

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Mon 5th Sep '05 2:17PM
838 Posts
Baffled cattle like these?

And I join in in the 'hurrahs' for Spanners. You are an organisational master.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 5th Sep '05 4:45PM
4678 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:

Kelly, for a moment I misread your post and thought you were exhorting each of us to impregnate a gerbil, but now I see you meant us just to go to a pet shop and buy a gerbil recently impregnated by another gerbil.

Damn, so much for my evening's plans

Spanners*
Thu 8th Sep '05 6:59AM
4597 Posts
Final call for Cadbury World tickets. They sell out quick, especially for Saturdays!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 20th Sep '05 5:09PM
4678 Posts
11 days to go! Your gerbils should shortly be entering their third trimesters, and should probably avoid smoking, drinking and thalidomide until after the birth.

Spanners*
Tue 20th Sep '05 8:44PM
4597 Posts
Mine's craving gerkins and keeps making me rub creme on it's stretch marks.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Wed 21st Sep '05 8:24AM
838 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

Mine's craving gerkins and keeps making me rub creme on it's stretch marks.

Just gherkins? Not chocolate covered ones?

Getting rather excited about the meet now. Watch me bounce!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 21st Sep '05 9:01AM
2708 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

Watch me bounce!

Please! This General Merriment, not Watershed!

Spanners*
Sun 25th Sep '05 12:17AM
4597 Posts
1 week methinks, 1 week.
I think my gerbil's having sextuplets. Either that or it's going to be one ugly mother of a baby.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 26th Sep '05 10:25AM
2708 Posts
Ah, but that's a good sign! An ugly gerbil is guaranteed to live until it's about twenty, however a nice looking one is sure to be dead within six months!

Spanners*
Mon 26th Sep '05 9:06PM
4597 Posts
OK all, this is it. I'm going to be a bit out of the loop over the next few days 'cos I've got a course in London and then I, along with TheDaddy.org HQ am moving hoose. So here it is.

Meeting here:

Basically you head up the escalators from New St station and find yourself in the Pallisades shopping centre. Turn left and left again and you'll see the exit on you right down a bit ramp to New St, one of the main shoppin streets. Turn right at the end of the ramp and then bear right once you hit waterstones, there will be shopping centre entrances on two sides but up betwixt them is an outside area with cafes and restaurants on either side. Straight through the middle gets you to the deckchairs where Spanners shall be.

Cadbury world is at 1.30 which means that anyone with a booked ticket needs to be in brum by 12.30. We should have enough cars to get everyone to Bourneville and 2 of them should have drivers who know the way
Demian and Swoop will be staying in town in order to meet any latecomers or others who don't wish to do the chocolate factory. And maybe have a cheeky beer while they're at it
We'll go to Cadbury's first and hit the hotels afterwards to drop off bags and do whatever needs doing before the evening.
Then it be all good. Birmingham is your lobster as they say.

Cha-ching!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Wed 28th Sep '05 12:50PM
1673 Posts
Oh, this is exciting! Oooooooohhhhh it really is!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 28th Sep '05 6:57PM
4678 Posts
Just out of interest, are me and Swoop the only smokers going?

If you're likely to arrive after 12.30, don't forget to take my mobile number if you're someone I won't recognise on sight!

Spanners*
Wed 28th Sep '05 7:21PM
4597 Posts
Also, in case you need to spot me in a crowd, I'll be the extremely tall one wearing this beard:

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 28th Sep '05 7:25PM
2708 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Just out of interest, are me and Swoop the only smokers going?

'Fraid not

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 28th Sep '05 9:26PM
4213 Posts
Cadbury World is out of 1:30 tickets!

Kelly*
Thu 29th Sep '05 8:47AM
758 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:

Cadbury World is out of 1:30 tickets!

Now don't go crying - there was AMPLE warning from Spanners of the likelihood of this.

- Does this mean you can't come to it? Oh!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Thu 29th Sep '05 12:36PM
212 Posts
I have just noticed the following Frequently Asked Question on the Cadbury World site:

Can I bring my pet?
Only assistance dogs are permitted in Cadbury World. Where the visit enters the Packaging Plant and Food Production area staff are on hand to look after your assistance dog. Please advise staff on arrival.

Therefore I guess we had better hold off taking our newborn gerbils into Cadbury World itself (unless we feel confident we can disguise them as assistance dogs)
Probably just as well or we might accidentally end up with chocolate-coated newborn gerbils! And that is so often inconvenient

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 29th Sep '05 3:28PM
4213 Posts

Now don't go crying - there was AMPLE warning from Spanners of the likelihood of this.

I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it till this week, but then it was all too late

No cadbury world for me.
Still if someone picks me up a couple of bags of misshapes I'll be right as rain

Kelly*
Thu 29th Sep '05 3:31PM
758 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:

I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it till this week, but then it was all too late

No cadbury world for me.
Still if someone picks me up a couple of bags of misshapes I'll be right as rain

Fair enough - I'm sure we can sort something out with the misshapes

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 29th Sep '05 9:15PM
4678 Posts
Fear not General, there'll be at least 3 of us now awaiting the stragglers. The chances of everyone (15 people is it?) making it there on time for the Cadbury trip are slim at best, so we're the welcoming party for latecomers

Also: The gerbils should be birthing sporadically throughout the day, don't forget to bring a thimbleful of hot water and 2in towels.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 5 of 6 - <<First  ... 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy