Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
TDDO Forum Meet - 61 to 90
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 3 of 6 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Wed 3rd Aug '05 1:27PM
843 Posts
I'm still a tentative yes, but my planning skills are very bad indeed. Count me in for now, I'll let you guys know at earliest convenience if I can't make it.

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Thu 4th Aug '05 8:44PM
510 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

I do - it involves chocolate, so the answer is automatic!

What Clara said!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Thu 4th Aug '05 11:22PM
1558 Posts
I'm up for the visitation, but I reserve the right to berate Lenny Henry soundly if I see him strutting his stuff on the streets of Birmingham.
I reserve the right to punch Piers Morgan too, right on the snoot, but thats taken for granted anywhere I go.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 5th Aug '05 12:53AM
4597 Posts
OK then, if no objections are forthcoming I shall make some plans. We def wanting the saturday night?
Can everyone who wants in send me a pm so I can sort numbers. Cheers.

Spanners*
Sat 6th Aug '05 2:29PM
4597 Posts
OK I've got ?29 for a single or ?39 for a double here
That work for people?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 6th Aug '05 4:20PM
4678 Posts
Excellent value, sign me up for a single!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 8th Aug '05 8:33AM
2708 Posts
Aye, I'll have a signle please!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 8th Aug '05 12:32PM
1558 Posts
I've told you before, but just makiing it official here, I'd like a single room please, could you ask them to remove the bible from the drawer in case it offends me?

Spanners*
Tue 9th Aug '05 7:58AM
4597 Posts
Nicely Nicely.

So far got confirmations from Malcolm, Kelly, Demian, Swoop, Clara, Allen Key and Amanshu.
Also thinking meet in Birmingham around middday if that's doable to allow time for Cadbury World

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 9th Aug '05 1:02PM
758 Posts
I've heard, and it may be dirty lies, but I have heard that there's a sea life centre in Birmingham. Now surely we have to squeeze that in to the schedule?

BrightonBabe
Would you like to see me blink? It really is quite impressive.
Thu 11th Aug '05 10:58PM
894 Posts
Well back from the other side of the world and look whats happens - should be all good with me only problem right now i can see is money but then hopefully ill have a job by then

Spanners*
Fri 12th Aug '05 10:43AM
4597 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:

I've heard, and it may be dirty lies, but I have heard that there's a sea life centre in Birmingham. Now surely we have to squeeze that in to the schedule?

Yup there is indeed. It's got fish and squid and sea-lions and stuff.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 12th Aug '05 3:32PM
1673 Posts
Surely we ought to visit it at least briefly, to check for purple-nosed squid?

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Spanners*
Mon 15th Aug '05 12:34PM
4597 Posts
OK signups so far are:
Malcolm
Kelly
Demian
Swoop
Amanshu
Clara
Allen Key
Mildred
Spanners
Oooood
BrightonBabe (TBC)
General (TBC)
Malley (TBC - Sunday only)
Deanery (TBC)
Dregan (unlikely)

Did I miss anyone?

Prepare yourselves to receive PMs from me giving MY REAL NAME AND HOME ADDRESS! So you can send me cheques for ?29 innit.

The cheese is worth the squeeze.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 15th Aug '05 4:33PM
4678 Posts
Cheers Spanners, I'll pop something in the post tomorrow.

Malley
Number9Number9Number9 Number9Number9Number9 Number9Number9
Wed 17th Aug '05 12:36PM
55 Posts
I'll have to wing it for now I'm afraid. Not very committal of me. I know I can't do Saturday though - it depends on funds and hangover on the morning after my mate's birthday.

http://www.the-echo.co.uk

For the best band in Leeds, honest.

Roooaaaaarrr!!!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Wed 17th Aug '05 2:36PM
1673 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

Prepare yourselves to receive PMs from me giving MY REAL NAME AND HOME ADDRESS! So you can send me cheques for ?29 innit.

Ahhh - now I understand why you sent me your name and address. I should probably send you a cheque then. Sorry...

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 17th Aug '05 8:52PM
4678 Posts
Posted!

Spanners*
Thu 18th Aug '05 11:13AM
4597 Posts

Posted!

And received!

Also I need to know who wants to do the Cadbury World thing. You'd need to make it to Brum by around 1-2pm to squeeze it in.

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Thu 18th Aug '05 12:42PM
843 Posts
I have to bail I'm afraid, fiscal situation plus temporal uncertainties have made me unavailable

Next time, Gadget!

BrightonBabe
Would you like to see me blink? It really is quite impressive.
Thu 18th Aug '05 5:41PM
894 Posts
I promise ill let you know by the end of next week depends how the job search goes - is that okay ? but ill def be up for cadburys again if i come

Ummm Interesting !!!!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 18th Aug '05 6:43PM
4678 Posts
I have no particular interest in chocolate, but I'm happy to do whatever the group wants to do. Wherever we are will merely be a backdrop for the meet, after all

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 18th Aug '05 8:40PM
4213 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

I have no particular interest in chocolate, but I'm happy to do whatever the group wants to do. Wherever we are will merely be a backdrop for the meet, after all

In the words of Kyles mom.

What, What, What!

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Fri 19th Aug '05 2:11PM
838 Posts
Cheque in the post today. Apologies for the slight delay in replying - I've been in Berlin!!!

EDIT: I notice Deanery is still a TBC. I shall utilise my sharp elbow to prod him in the direction of a confirmation.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 19th Aug '05 4:50PM
4678 Posts
OK Folks it's time to get organised!

IF YOU ARE COMING, PLEASE SUPPLY THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION!
This will greatly aid us in knowing what / who to expect, and will allow us to plan a fun weekend rather than have to work on a spur-of-the-moment basis.

* Whether or not you've sent your ?29 to Spanners
* What time you feel you can realistically meet up in Birmingham
* How much you want to go to Cadburys World
* IF you have any knowledge of Birmingham or if you'll be lost from the start like me.

MY INFO:
* Yes, I've paid
* Can get there anytime necessary but would rather not have to be there before say midday.
* No preference about chocolate, happy to go with the group
* No knowledge of Birmingham whatsoever, will be utterly lost without shepherding.

Spanners, could you suggest an easy-to-find pub near Birmingham train station at which we can congregate?

It may also be a good idea for us to share some mobile numbers around in case anyone gets lost / stranded. I'm on 07905 801685. Before setting off for the meet, print this thread out or jot down some numbers in case you get lost.

How about, as a start-off point and to be altered according to responses - we aim to meet at 1pm in the pub Spanners suggests. We may need to split into 2 factions - the chocolate visitors, and those left at the pub to welcome stragglers and latecomers. I'll volunteer for the latter group if it's needed.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Sat 20th Aug '05 12:39AM
2708 Posts
Okay - no I haven't sent my ?29 I'm having trouble finding a cheque book... Any chance of a paypal account or something similar?

I believe it's a couple of hours to get to Birmingham, so I can get there anytime, but equally would prefer later - 1pm should be fine!

No preference on chocolate - other than it's chocolate, and therefore I eat far too much of it!

A little knowledge of Brimingham, but I wouldn't want to trust any of it. At all. Ever.
So no then...

Can I suggest that mobile's are sent via pm? I'll happily pass mine on, but not posted openly on the net. No offence Demian, but I think you're slightly mad for daring to...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 20th Aug '05 12:59AM
4678 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

Okay - no I haven't sent my ?29 I'm having trouble finding a cheque book... Any chance of a paypal account or something similar?

Can I suggest that mobile's are sent via pm? I'll happily pass mine on, but not posted openly on the net. No offence Demian, but I think you're slightly mad for daring to...

I've posted it on a forum with 50,000 members and had a few fun calls that night and no problems afterwards

Re the money: I sent cash (notes) - I'm not recommending it, and do it at your own risk... but hey, it's easy

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 20th Aug '05 10:12PM
4678 Posts
Apologies to anyone trying to post to this thread since last night - I forgot only admins could post to stickied threads

Unstickied for great justice.

Spanners*
Sun 21st Aug '05 10:52AM
4597 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Apologies to anyone trying to post to this thread since last night - I forgot only admins could post to stickied threads

Unstickied for great justice.

Well played. That very same thought had just occured to me. You'd think I'd remember how this place works

Diziet
optical moose
Sun 21st Aug '05 4:34PM
2522 Posts
i won't be able to make the forum meet.

however, to make up for this, i will be sending my head on a stick.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 3 of 6 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy