Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
TDDO Forum Meet - 91 to 120
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 4 of 6 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 22nd Aug '05 10:04AM
4597 Posts
OK now we are a brand new sticky that anyone can post to. Such be the dynamic nature of this 'ere forum.
Keep the info comin!

I've got paypal sorted so I'll send a payment request to anyone who wants to do it that way. Let me know by PM.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Mon 22nd Aug '05 10:18AM
838 Posts
Okay, I have sent my money, I can get to Birmingham for 1pm (Virgin trains allowing), I love chocolate and have no knowledge whatsoever of the geography of said city (but think I can follow a map...). I have sent my mobile no. to Spanners and Demian by PM and Kelly, Malcolm, Allen Key and Mildred all already have this. Hope I've covered everything!!!

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Mon 22nd Aug '05 11:30AM
510 Posts
* Cheque's in the post
* 1pm arrival should be doable (I imagine we Yorkies could co-ordinate travel arrangements somehow?)
* Chocolate is great, I'd be up for a trip round Cadbury World
* Never been to Birmingham in me life
* I can PM my mobile no. to anyone as wants it.

Hooray!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 22nd Aug '05 1:33PM
4213 Posts
* I'm coming
* I haven't sent a cheque yet
* I can get down for 1pm
* Used to live about 200m from Cadbury world so if I can't find it I probably need professional help
* I don't fancy posting my mobile number, but Spanners and Oood already have it, if anyone wants it PM me.

You can get a train to Bourneville (Yes the Cadbury factory is in Bourneville) direct from Birmingham New Street (It's the one that terminates at redditch) and you have no excuse for missing the stop as it is painted Cadbury purple.

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 22nd Aug '05 11:40PM
1558 Posts
Checked earlier today with my new job and its bizarre rolling shift patterns, but yay, I can come. No cash for Spanners yet I'm afraid, not until payday (this Friday) I'm planning, unless you're happy with paypal or something, to send a cheque on Wednesday or Thursday, so by the time it arrives, I'll have some funds to back it up.
I've been to Birmingham bus and train stations a couple of times each, but that's about the extent of my knowledge of the place. I've been thinking hard about it, in case the patron Saint of the city comes down and visits me with the knowledge of street layouts and the whereabouts of attractive venues, but no luck as of yet.

Spanners*
Thu 25th Aug '05 10:34AM
4597 Posts
OK so we now have the definites of:

Malcolm
Kelly
Demian
Swoop
Clara
Allen Key
Mildred
Amanshu
General
Spanners

A jolly little gathering to be sure

Here's the prices for Cadbury World
http://www.cadburyworld.co.uk/EN/CWORLD/visit/plan/ticket_prices.htm
And it's open 'til 4 so we should probably be lookin at getting there by 2. People good?

Nicely.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Thu 25th Aug '05 11:43AM
1673 Posts
* I've paid, via cyberinformationsuperhighwaywebnet transfer
* Yup, I also think 1pm should be alright. Negotiations are already underway from the York contingent for a coordinated arrival.
* Cadbury World yippee! Would it make sense for us to buy train tickets from York to Bournville? (we could still get off in Birmingham for a bit in between)
* Been to Birmingham a few times, but don't know very much about it. However, I have a strangely Zen-like feeling that all will be well and I probably won't get lost. Anyone's welcome to stick with me if they're interested in entrusting their own navigational success to this system of mine.
* Many of you already have my mobile number - how about in the couple of days preceding the meet, we all do a PM-fest to everyone who's coming?

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Spanners*
Fri 26th Aug '05 11:28AM
4597 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
* I've paid, via cyberinformationsuperhighwaywebnet transfer
* Yup, I also think 1pm should be alright. Negotiations are already underway from the York contingent for a coordinated arrival.
* Cadbury World yippee! Would it make sense for us to buy train tickets from York to Bournville? (we could still get off in Birmingham for a bit in between)

OK Oooood is also in and I hear rumours that Clara may be using her feminine pursuasion to get Deanery along. But that's TBC.
Also BB can't make it

Good stuff about coordinated arrival.
As for travel to Bournville. Hmmm, we can get 10 of us in mine and Oooood's cars but there may be too many. Would be good for hotel getting to tho...

Clara
Fri 26th Aug '05 12:56PM
838 Posts
I'm trying my best to use feminine persuasion to persuade the Deanery to attend - honest... It's usually more effective than this - must be losing the knack!

BrightonBabe
Would you like to see me blink? It really is quite impressive.
Fri 26th Aug '05 8:53PM
894 Posts
Sorry guys just moved into my house in Oxford and yet to find a job so since coming back from India money is very tight well in the overdraft and spending my loan before its here
Sorry again hope to see you all soon

Ummm Interesting !!!!

Doughnut
What am I doing here? And where are my shoes?
Sat 27th Aug '05 12:52AM
45 Posts
I know I'm very new to TDDO, but any excuse for a trip to the chocolate factory! Count me in.

Doughnut
Sat 27th Aug '05 1:07AM
45 Posts
Having just looked at the Cadbury web site, they recommend that you allow 3 hours for a visit, so it might be worth considering getting there for 1pm. Just a thought from someone on her 3rd night shift of 7, so I'm probably writing rubbish

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Sat 27th Aug '05 10:11AM
2708 Posts
Outstanding! thats what we like to hear

And since nobody else seems to have got around to saying it,

Welcome Doughnut!

It's great, you'll love it

Spanners*
Sat 27th Aug '05 3:05PM
4597 Posts

Doughnut was bold enough to comment:

Having just looked at the Cadbury web site, they recommend that you allow 3 hours for a visit

Welcome Doughnut! Here there be always a sugary coating and a jam filled centre

Well yeah they do say that however to them that includes lunch in their mediocre restaurant and a good half an hour wandering around their gift shop. I'm all for getting there for 1 assuming people can make it to Brum by 12.
If you're cool then I'm cool. But I'll need to know pretty soon 'cos it's about time I booked it all.

Can the weary travellers make it by 12?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 27th Aug '05 7:39PM
4678 Posts
I think given the number of people, there'll certainly be a need for a few of us to stay and meet the stragglers as there surely will be some. As I've said I'll be more than happy to do this along with Swoop and anyone who turns up after the deadline or isn't bothered about chocolate

Spanners*
Sun 28th Aug '05 4:32PM
4597 Posts
OK hotels is booked.
Due to certain logistical issues Malcolm, Kelly, Demian, Swoop and one of Clara, Allen Key and Mildred are staying here -
http://www.thistlehotels.com/thistle/hotels/hotelFinder/viewHotel.do?_DARGS=/thistle/WEB-INF/portlets/thistleLocationInfo/index.jsp.1_A&_DAV=th-birmingham-edgbaston

And the rest of us will be here - http://www.quality-hotel-birmingham.com/

Worry not, they're next door to each other

Also the cadbury world thing is getting confusing so I'll just do it this way. If you want to come you'll need to get to birmingham around 12pm. Book yourself a ticket here for 1.30pm and then make a post so that we know who's going and who ain't.
Cadbury world books up pretty fast in advance so don't delay. On the weekend you won't get a ticket on the door.

MArvellous!

DappyLass
Forum Newbie
Sun 28th Aug '05 5:07PM
1 Posts
Another newbie here and any excuse for CHOCOLATE always does it for me!!! Def count me in

Doughnut
Mon 29th Aug '05 6:13AM
45 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

Also the cadbury world thing is getting confusing so I'll just do it this way. If you want to come you'll need to get to birmingham around 12pm. Book yourself a ticket here for 1.30pm and then make a post so that we know who's going and who ain't.
Cadbury world books up pretty fast in advance so don't delay. On the weekend you won't get a ticket on the door.

MArvellous!

I've booked mine. When I did it there were 33 tickets left for 1.30pm.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 29th Aug '05 6:37PM
4678 Posts
Excellent work with the bookings. And welcome to the forums, DappyLass

Spanners*
Mon 29th Aug '05 7:55PM
4597 Posts
Booked the chocolate factory along with Malcolm and Kelly. Only 30 tickets left now!

Welcome DappyLass, we have chocolate and it is good.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 30th Aug '05 9:30AM
758 Posts
Welcome Dappylass and Doughnut!

I hope this picture of a goose helps you to get through the hard times:

[ADMIN EDIT - Fixed love General]

Clara
Tue 30th Aug '05 10:41AM
838 Posts
I've purchased me tix for the choc extravaganza!!! Hurrah!!!

And welcome Doughnut and DappyLass!!!

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 30th Aug '05 12:39PM
758 Posts
Wargh! Sorry for making such a huge goose.

Could any admin type with computer knowledge make it smaller for me? Really should learn how to do these things... Sorry!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 30th Aug '05 3:18PM
2708 Posts
Are you kidding? I like the fact that there's such a large goose there. It adds quality and class to a quality and class thread. Also welcome Dappylass! I unfortunately don't have such a splendid goose to welcome you with, and so I'll just have to add a green bouncy guy instead.

In fact now I notice it, I forgot to add a green bouncy guy for Doughtnut, which quite frankly seems unfair, so Doughnut, here's one for you as well:

Allen Key
Tue 30th Aug '05 3:47PM
510 Posts
Hmm, well I think Mildred & I have tickets booked, but it all went a bit bonkers, so I'll check it out later to make sure.

And greetings to Doughnut and DappyLass!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 30th Aug '05 5:01PM
4678 Posts
I think it's a perfectly good size for a goose

Spanners*
Tue 30th Aug '05 7:07PM
4597 Posts
You made a right big goose of that post!

Also

Allen Key was bold enough to comment:
Hmm, well I think Mildred & I have tickets booked, but it all went a bit bonkers, so I'll check it out later to make sure.

Yeah did that for me too so I phoned them up. If it said something about not connecting to the bank's system then your still ok. Apparently so long as you have a booking number you should be fine.

Allen Key
Tue 30th Aug '05 8:03PM
510 Posts
Yes, that was it, but all is well, got the confirmation email from them, tickets have been successfully procured

Doughnut
Tue 30th Aug '05 11:49PM
45 Posts
I love the goose. What a welcome. This is a very friendly forum. I've already enjoyed what I've read. Most of you seem to have an excellent turn of phrase...
I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at Cadbury World.

Oooood
Aubergine Mincemeat
Wed 31st Aug '05 1:06PM
242 Posts
Oooood has book-ed a ticket!

chocolate fantastic.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 4 of 6 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMalcolm is The Daddy