Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
If you could see what we could see... - 1 to 7
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sun 31st Jul '05 5:28PM
4597 Posts
So I was thinking that you non-admins may think that you see all that there is of the forum right there infront of you. Well as a special Sunday treat I thought I'd give you all a glimpse of the main admin page (super-user version) so you can see the range of controls we admins have to manage on a daily basis:

http://forum.thedaddy.org/admin_copy.html

Although all the buttons and stuff look like they work, you won't be able to make any changes. Sorry
There are obviously several sub-pages that I can sort out a view of if anyone wants a look. They all stem from the links at the top.

sp

The cheese is worth the squeeze.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 1st Aug '05 4:45PM
4678 Posts
It would be interesting to see how they've grown and developed over the years, if you have a screenshot of how it started off?

Anyways, the place generally runs as smooth as an oiled blancmange thanks to all the effort Spanners has put into coding these tools. Cheers bud!

Spanners*
Mon 1st Aug '05 8:34PM
4597 Posts
I actually should have a floppy kicking about somewhere with the forum at about 3 months old. You want me to try and dig it out?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 1st Aug '05 8:53PM
4678 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

I actually should have a floppy kicking about somewhere with the forum at about 3 months old. You want me to try and dig it out?

Would be fun to have a look The earliest forum backup I have seems to be 9th March '04...

Spanners*
Mon 1st Aug '05 9:33PM
4597 Posts
Waheyyyyyyyy! I've brought back from the dead an ancestor of this very forum. This code and data backup is from September 2003 when the forum was only 5 months old. Damn we've come far since then.
It's all fully functional but many of the images are dead.

http://www.thedaddy.org/oldforum

This was a crazy frontier time for the forum. It was still found at http://forum.spannersinc.co.uk as thedaddy.org was more than a year away.
Brightonbabe has recently joined, Jog_Eerie and Jay21000 were 2 of our biggest posters, Flipper the Dipper and Hot Circle Lodge Lifeguard's incessant spamming of the forum with one word posts and personal conversation was soon to result in the brief existance of 'Matey Chat' - a board where they could go off and talk about make-up without bothering the rest of us. It was removed again (with great joy and merry-making) immediately after they got a bit hormonal and became our first 2 members to 'leave' the forum.
So many of our best forummy friends had yet to hear about this place, the fonts were large, the colours a bit shite and the code flaky at best.
We had no personal messaging, no chatroom, no custom titles, no style sheets, no javascript, no anonymous posting and no newsletter. Just the raw chat power!

But we struggled through, my friends. And became the cool place what we are today

I've made all the boards viewable by everyone (you'll notice they're all the same except for the lack of the mini-reviews board) but please do not register or post as you'll be graffiti-ing on a slab of history

The cheese is worth the squeeze.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 2nd Aug '05 4:42PM
4678 Posts
It's like the Daddy Tardis. Tardad, or Daddis if you will.

Edit: more like

am i rite

(Thanks to Dregan for the logo!)

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 2nd Aug '05 7:32PM
2708 Posts
You know, I don't think I realised just how much I relied on the next and previous buttons until I tried to navigate through the old forum. It's driving me crazy having to jup out and then return.

Very interesting though - a little slice of TDDO history

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy