By bye hackers
Smiley cruelty - 1 to 7
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 20th Sep '05 1:10PM
2708 Posts
Dear Spannerificus,

I grow increasingly concerned about the state of some of the smileys within this forum.

Recently I have noticed that the green bouncy smiley (henceforth known as "nevil") has been forced to sit, unmoving, in a position that has had him stretched out - almost as if the ground has opened beneath him and he is suspending himself by his arms.

Similarly the crying smiley (henceforth known as patricia) appears to be forced to sit with her hands to her face, delicately balancing tears in mid air either side of her face.

Fortunately, all the other nameless smiley's appear to be behaving happily, as they are want to do. It is simply poor nevil and patricia that are stuck in this awkward unmoving state.

Obviously I feel dreadful about this situation and am unaware if the fault is my own of the forum at large, but I await your reply patiently.

Yours Sincerely,

Amanshoot

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Tue 20th Sep '05 6:46PM
4597 Posts
Dear Mr Amanshoot

I am more than a little vexated by this recent smiley development. We at TheDaddy.org take our smileys' well-being very seriously indeed. Indeed we can confidently claim to be the only employer with a full pension and dental plan for all smileys whether animated or static.
After interviewing Nevil and Patricia I have assertained that Nevil was simply stretching and Patricia was caught in a static-time vortex. Hey, who's not found themselves in a static time vortex after a couple of cans of special brew eh?
Alternatively your OS/firewall could be restricting your animations. See here: http://forum.thedaddy.org/view_thread.html?ref_id=429&id=822

Peace be upon your left elbow

Spanners

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 20th Sep '05 7:25PM
2708 Posts
Dear, dear Spanners,

Thank you for the swiftness of your reply.
I have always been aware of your guileless love of smileys, and that was why I was so sad to see such cruelty being inflicted upon the dear souls who work here.

Having now returned to my humble abode, I am glad to see both nevil and patricia returned to their former energetic state.

As such I can only assume that the forces at my place of work have decided to impose their draconian standards not only upon the put upon souls they employ, but also upon these gentle and frinedly creatures.

I am sorry if at any point I seemed to have doubted you, when I should have turned my attention upon the more stringent forces closer to home.

Rest assured I shall endeavour to change the plight these lovely beings find themselves in henceforth.

Peace be upon your right elbow too.

Amanshoot.

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 10th Oct '05 8:27PM
2522 Posts
hi guys

any chance of a Mr T smiley?

it could be used to convey a reluctance to board an airplane or an ambivalence towards milk.

these are not the beards you are looking for...

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 10th Oct '05 10:21PM
4597 Posts
If you can find us one then it shall be done!

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 10th Oct '05 10:34PM
2522 Posts
how about this...

http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~cs488/Contrib/w04/a3/sdlam_mr_T.png

or maybe this...

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/mr-t-promo_1097606461.jpg

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 11th Oct '05 11:19AM
2708 Posts
Aftre much trawling of the "Which is better?" thread, I can safely reveal there is already a Mr T smiley on the forum:

Or http://forum.thedaddy.org/archive/11753_mr-tsmiley.gif as is probably more useful...

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMalcolm is The Daddy