Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
TheDaddy Forum Meet Aftermath Thread! - 1 to 25
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sun 2nd Oct '05 7:03PM
4678 Posts
Wow, what a weekend!

Here's a few snippets I captured:

Spanners with his chocolate award

Mildred, Allen Key, Deanery and Clara. Sorry about the red-eye, they're not all evil...

The whole posse - from left to right: Deanery, Clara (back), Kelly, Mildred (back), Swoop, Allen Key, Spanners (back), General (standing), Amanshu, Ooood (back), Malcolm (ear). Next time we're posing for a group photo!

Amanshu provides beard massage and hand relief to Malcolm and Ooood as Spanners watches incredulously

General's head explodes onto a seemingly unconcerned Swoop

Kelly spies GIN!!

The walrus and the carpenter.

I'm exhausted so I'll leave the blow-by-blow accounts to others for now. Suffice to say there was chocolate, beer, hotels, beer, fantastic chinese food, beer, awards, poker, vodka, missed alarm calls, excellent food, reinterpretations of the term 'convoy', and a wheel far too big for any human to safely exist atop of.

All in all it was a great weekend, you guys are all fantastic and we're doing it again same time next year!

Edit: Sorry I didn't get to meet you, Doughnut... that was a flying visit!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Sun 2nd Oct '05 7:22PM
1558 Posts
I was very impressed with the turnout and with the quality of the people, that was a weekend jam packed with fun, cheers all.
I'm quite pooped out too, so I'll just post a couple of pics before sorting the rest out later.

Amanshu, tongue out again:

Ooood, spotting something out of the corner of his eye there

Something being plotted!

A very stern look from Spanners. I think he thought his sweet and sour chicken was under threat.

And a new and stylish take on the idea of glasses.

I'm looking forward to the next one!

Doughnut
What am I doing here? And where are my shoes?
Sun 2nd Oct '05 9:37PM
45 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Edit: Sorry I didn't get to meet you, Doughnut... that was a flying visit!

I'm sorry not to have met you too (may be next year), but it was great to meet the rest of you. It's always good to be able to put a face to a name. I would love to have come out for the evening with you all, but I went to a friend's hen night instead. One day when I'm feeling brave I may post a picture of what I wore last night, but at the moment I'm too afraid of the amount of derision I will inevitably get. Enough to say it was a white Abba type outfit, with an electric blue wig

Cadbury World was a good laugh. It's fairly tacky, but you do get plenty of chocolate (not enough for Ooood though).

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Sun 2nd Oct '05 10:43PM
4213 Posts
Yeah it rocked like a fatty!

Great to see everyone indeed you all rule mightily and much fun was had.

Lets do it again next year

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Mon 3rd Oct '05 8:27AM
838 Posts
Clara needs to do work today, but can't due to beer, lager, gin, vodka, food, food, food, food and food!!!

Top weekend everyone. More pics please!

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Mon 3rd Oct '05 8:48AM
510 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Mildred, Allen Key, Deanery and Clara. Sorry about the red-eye, they're not all evil...

Sadly my eyes are looking like that without any photographic intervention this morning!

That was a most convivial weekend, it was fab meeting y'all. Again! Again again!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 3rd Oct '05 9:09AM
2708 Posts
Hmmm.... After some consideration it's possible I might just need to work on my smile a little bit more... I mean I was sure I had it worked out this time around, but by the looks of it it all went horribly wrong somehow.

Top weekend though! Plus I got home to find someone had done the washing up! I couldn't believe it, I was a lost and confued man, as I'm sure you can all appreciate!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 3rd Oct '05 11:55AM
4597 Posts
Wahey!

That was such a mighty weekend. Much respect to all who attended.
I started throwing together a meet page last night but I was a bit tired and Bad Boys (whatcha gonna do when they come for you?) was on so it's just a few pics at the moment.
http://forum.thedaddy.org/meet.html
Can anyone who has high quality pics (i.e. bigger/better than the ones you post here) email them to me so i can assemble them on the page? Also can anyone scan in that cadbury world pic?

And it was good.

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Mon 3rd Oct '05 12:14PM
843 Posts
Shite, looks like I missed a great weekend. Next time, Gadget!

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 3rd Oct '05 5:30PM
2522 Posts
looks like you all had a great time.

i'll try and make it next year. or at least get my head together enough to put it on a stick.

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 3rd Oct '05 5:34PM
2522 Posts

Swoop was bold enough to comment:

Amanshu, tongue out again:

looks like the old fella in the background found something tasty in amanshu's hair

these are not the beards you are looking for...

BrightonBabe
Would you like to see me blink? It really is quite impressive.
Mon 3rd Oct '05 11:35PM
894 Posts
Sorry i missed it but hopefully spanners received and past on my text
look forward to another one soon
BB
xxxxxxxxxx

Clara
Tue 4th Oct '05 9:10AM
838 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

Also can anyone scan in that cadbury world pic?

On its way. Least I could do after such a momentous weekend. Also, a profitable use of work's time as I was 'training' myself to use our new scanner...

Spanners*
Tue 4th Oct '05 4:17PM
4597 Posts
http://forum.thedaddy.org/images/meet/chocdaddy.jpg

TheDaddy and the chocolate factory!!!!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 4th Oct '05 4:35PM
4678 Posts

Can anyone who has high quality pics (i.e. bigger/better than the ones you post here) email them to me so i can assemble them on the page? Also can anyone scan in that cadbury world pic?

And it was good.

I have larger version of the pics in the first post (1600x1200) - over half a meg each though. Do you want me to mail them to you?

Also: My teeth hurt

Edit: I think gmail was still sending when I clicked a link to more pics - did they arrive?

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Tue 4th Oct '05 5:32PM
212 Posts

http://forum.thedaddy.org/images/meet/chocdaddy.jpg

TheDaddy and the chocolate factory!!!!

I can see I am going to be having nightmares about leather-clad grinning cocoa beans for literally weeks to come....

Sloanio
*boingy* *boingy*
Wed 5th Oct '05 12:53AM
271 Posts

Dregan was bold enough to comment:

Shite, looks like I missed a great weekend. Next time, Gadget!

Ditto!

Clara
Wed 5th Oct '05 3:27PM
838 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:

I can see I am going to be having nightmares about leather-clad grinning cocoa beans for literally weeks to come....

Leather?! Surely leatherette!!!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 5th Oct '05 4:24PM
212 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

Leather?! Surely leatherette!!!

Clara, you are so right - in fact I was actually pondering the whole being-encouraged-to-sit-on-the-stunted-knee-of-a-giant-anthropomorphic-cocoa-bean-for-photographic-purposes incident yesterday, when it occurred to me in a blinding flash of light that the substance said cocoa bean was made out of was almost certainly LEATHERETTE, and not in fact leather (cadbury world being v. lovely, but rather tacky, after all)

I can't decide if it is a good thing or a bad thing that somewhere, someone in the world has, at some point, fashioned a large brown bean out of leatherette. Hmmmm.....

BrightonBabe
Would you like to see me blink? It really is quite impressive.
Wed 5th Oct '05 5:55PM
894 Posts
So what were these awards you gave out and who won them....

Ummm Interesting !!!!

Spanners*
Sat 15th Oct '05 5:09PM
4597 Posts
And the Meet celebration page is finished. Now including all awards, even the couple that we missed out presenting at the time.

We like.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 15th Oct '05 9:06PM
4678 Posts

And the Meet celebration page is finished. Now including all awards, even the couple that we missed out presenting at the time.

We like.

Awesome page! One small error though... I think 'Kelly and General enjoying the Chinese' is actually Clara and General

Glad Swoop took it well when he found those pics on his camera (we'd left mine and Spanners' back at my hotel room). Hey, we were even considerate enough to mop the coffee paste off his snoozing face before he woke up

The smiley face didn't really work though, did it? I did have to use the blunt end of a pencil to apply the coffee, hence the shoddy penmanship...

Spanners*
Sun 16th Oct '05 11:49AM
4597 Posts

Awesome page! One small error though... I think 'Kelly and General enjoying the Chinese' is actually Clara and General

Oh yeah, sorted.

Also it is worth noting that despite having his pretty much universal Forum absence significantly highlighted with the "Most Absent Poster to Turn Up at the Meet" award, Deanery has still to put in an appearance. What be that aboot?

Clara
Mon 17th Oct '05 8:24AM
838 Posts

Also it is worth noting that despite having his pretty much universal Forum absence significantly highlighted with the "Most Absent Poster to Turn Up at the Meet" award, Deanery has still to put in an appearance. What be that aboot?

Well, I have done my best to rectify that situation, but he seems to be resisting... Any ideas?

Fab page - thank you for the VERY flattering pic of me noshing me Chinese!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 17th Oct '05 7:39PM
1558 Posts
It looks like you're trying to remove something from the back of your throat Clara, wisdom teeth perhaps, or a plover trying to make a nest?
To be honest though, I don't think anyone need worry about unflattering pictures, given the lovely job that various people did of me...

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy