Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Cats in Sinks - 1 to 21
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 6th Oct '05 11:42AM
2708 Posts
http://catsinsinks.com/
Cats in Sinks.
It's about Cats. In Sinks.
What is Cats in Sinks? It's obvious. It's about Cats. And Kittens. Who like Sinks. And Basins.

Is there nothing too bizarre for the internet?

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 6th Oct '05 12:49PM
4213 Posts
In my day all we had was a coypu in a tin bath!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Thu 6th Oct '05 1:03PM
212 Posts
I could keep on pressing the button that says 'show me another cat in a sink!' all day - it is really quite addictive!

Silly cats - do they not realise that by positioning themselves directly under taps in this fashion they are making themselves rather vulnerable to being deluged with water? Or at the very least dripped upon?

Now I can't wait to go and visit my cats and put them in the sink and see what they do... probably they'll just jump straight out and give me a weird look as if to say, what're you putting me in the sink for, you weirdo....

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 6th Oct '05 1:09PM
2522 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:

Silly cats - do they not realise that by positioning themselves directly under taps in this fashion they are making themselves rather vulnerable to being deluged with water? Or at the very least dripped upon?

my cat has a habit of drinking out of the toilet like a dog. its so tempting when i catch him doing it to creep up behind and give him a little push. unfortunately, though, i'm a responsible adult.

these are not the beards you are looking for...

Doughnut
What am I doing here? And where are my shoes?
Thu 6th Oct '05 3:08PM
45 Posts
Those are some very cute cats. Spanners thinks they should be sent down a waste disposal!!
One of my cats likes to drink the drips from the tap. I must try to get a photo.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 6th Oct '05 4:07PM
2708 Posts
I think that this one:

has to be my favourite. There's just such a total look of, confusion and bewilderment on the cats face...!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 6th Oct '05 5:30PM
4678 Posts
I want to know why they're so fascinated with plastic carrier bags.

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 6th Oct '05 5:40PM
2522 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

good point!

also, why do they have to come and sit on top of whatever you're reading, be it a book, a magazine, or a netto special offer guide???

these are not the beards you are looking for...

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Thu 6th Oct '05 6:13PM
1558 Posts
I had two cats in a sink once, although not for long. But that was long long ago and far far away.

Wait, Mildred - you have to visit your cats? Have they got their own place?

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 6th Oct '05 6:19PM
4597 Posts

Doughnut was bold enough to comment:
Those are some very cute cats. Spanners thinks they should be sent down a waste disposal!!

I only wondered aloud what would happen if the tail of an offending moggy happened to drift in the direction of the waste disposal.
Perfectly normal scientific experiment if you ask me. Of course we should probably do a couple of hundred so that we can get some accurate statistics...

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Thu 6th Oct '05 6:37PM
1558 Posts
I think the newer models come with baby arm and animal paw / tail detectors these days. So you'd be needing the older models, made before 1997. The Stanley Scrap Muncher G9320 is quite good for small animals.

I heard.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 7th Oct '05 12:40PM
212 Posts

Swoop was bold enough to comment:

Wait, Mildred - you have to visit your cats? Have they got their own place?

Yes, my cats are exceptionally independent. So independent, in fact, that they have taken to living in Redditch, which is a good three hour train journey away from where I myself live. They live in a four-bedroomed detached house with a conservatory, en-suite bathroom, fitted wardrobes etc., so they have done quite well for their furry selves. I am allowed to visit them occasionally at weekends

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 7th Oct '05 12:52PM
212 Posts
By the way, can I just say that one of the best things to do with a cat is this:

Get it to lie down on a glass-topped table or some other transparent surface (it helps if the cat in question is ever so slightly portly, although I don't by any means recommend over-feeding them to get this effect) and then crawl under the table yourself, so that you can peer up and view the squashed furry underside of the unsuspecting oblivious cat!
This never fails to cheer me up, and I can highly recommend it as a way of adding mild hilarity to an otherwise dull day.

It probably helps if you have fond feelings for the cat you are viewing, but it is probably not essential, as all cats (and probably most humans) look quite amusing when observed in these circumstances.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 7th Oct '05 1:00PM
4597 Posts
Oooh this so needs a picture. Next time you visit them get your camera out and show us your feline underbellies in all their six-nippled glory!

BrightonBabe
Would you like to see me blink? It really is quite impressive.
Sat 8th Oct '05 10:34PM
894 Posts

Diziet was bold enough to comment:

good point!

also, why do they have to come and sit on top of whatever you're reading, be it a book, a magazine, or a netto special offer guide???

Or in front of the computer screen when your trying to type and followed by standing on the keyboard trying to type himself - once spelt cat !!! - I have a clever cat

Ummm Interesting !!!!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 10th Oct '05 10:24PM
1558 Posts
I think this is a good time to point out Fat Boy Slim's latest video, to accompany his song, a cover of the Steve Miller Band's 'The Joker' (you know! Some people call me the space cowboy. / Yeah! Some call me the gangster of love.)
Here's a link to the video anyway: http://www.waverlyfilms.com/joker.html
It's only small screen, but might take a short while to load for non broad band type folks. It's Quicktime too, so it'll try to start playing right away, but honestly, it's worth just pressing stop and waiting for the whole lot to load. ( you can tell by the little bar at the bottom climbing up)
I'm not giving away the content here, but trust me, you really want to see this

BrightonBabe
Would you like to see me blink? It really is quite impressive.
Tue 11th Oct '05 10:12AM
894 Posts
Thats so cool

Ummm Interesting !!!!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 11th Oct '05 4:51PM
4678 Posts
Another hilarious thing to do with kittens:

Eat a small pot of cottage cheese. Leave plenty stuck to the pot, though. Place it next to your kitten and watch him insert his head into the pot then happily wander slowly backwards whilst licking the inside of the pot. (Optional: A scary / frowny face drawn on the bottom of the pot improves this section greatly).

Then remove the pot and watch his sibling and parent(s) simultaneously lick his/her head clean, it's hard to tell which of them is having the most fun

Disclaimer: This isn't cruel to the kittens, they meow if they're in distress, and never do during a cottage-cheesing.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 14th Oct '05 12:37PM
212 Posts
Oh my gosh, if I had a kitten with me now, I would SO cottage-cheese it!!

Sadly, I don't. I will just have to imagine it instead.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 14th Oct '05 4:36PM
4678 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:
Oh my gosh, if I had a kitten with me now, I would SO cottage-cheese it!!

Sadly, I don't. I will just have to imagine it instead.

I'm sure you could find an appropriately sized pot suitable for a full-sized cat... though it's not as funny without other felines to perform the head-licking afterwards...

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 14th Oct '05 5:17PM
2522 Posts

I'm sure you could find an appropriately sized pot suitable for a full-sized cat... though it's not as funny without other felines to perform the head-licking afterwards...

i really want to try this with my cat and there are plenty of other available felines on the street that i could 'borrow' for the occasion.

i'm just a bit worried because alfie has a tendancy to run full pelt at other cats and headbutt them in an attempt to make friends. this could lead to a full-on cheese/fur rumble.

sod it, bring on the fromage...

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy