Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Play The Game Of Life, via the internet, with other DaddyDotOrgers! - 241 to 270
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 9 of 12 - <<First  ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Thu 15th Dec '05 1:22PM
1673 Posts
FOUR and EIGHT, you say? Well, let's have a look...

Mildred, you can uncross those kidneys because it's a FOUR! You receive 50,000, from no outlay at all. Impressively, you have now moved up the ranks and are not even the poorest player any more!

But now it's over to Spanners. In the Millionaire's mansion the rules are different: Spanners, you still have to choose two numbers to bet on, but you must also choose a stake. You may bet 20,000, 50,000 or 100,000. The stake goes to the bank, but if you win, you win five times that amount!

Your decisions please.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 15th Dec '05 2:58PM
4597 Posts
From now on can I have a standing order of 3 and 8 with 50,000 please. Apparently they are Piscean lucky numbers and they have to come through for me sometime!
And while I'm waiting for the rest of you I shall enjoy foot massages, champagne breakfasts and my own personal golf cart

Malcolm*
Thu 15th Dec '05 4:05PM
1673 Posts
You can indeed - but, sadly, the number spun on this occasion has been SEVEN. You lose 50,000. Like you needed it anyway.

Next, Swoop spins a 10 and lands on "Enter round-the-world yacht race. Pay 120,000 or hand in a luxury yacht card." Unfortunately, Swoop, you are in possession of no such item, and are therefore now 120,000 poorer.

Arabstrap spins a 9 - it's all about the high numbers these days - and lands on "Hurricane hits top holiday resort. Pay 135,000 or hand in a luxury villa card." Sadly, Strappo, you have no such card either, and your funds are therefore accordingly depleted.

Clara spins a 3, landing on the toll bridge. 50,000 therefore goes directly to... Arabstrap! Yes, that's right - Mildred is no longer the poorest player. In fact she isn't even the second poorest.

Kelly spins a 3, landing on "Auction. Pay 160,00 or hand in an antiques collection card." She has no such card, and therefore pays the money.

And we return to Mildred, and await her two numbers.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 16th Dec '05 1:17PM
212 Posts
On this occasion I think I will place my bet on the numbers

TWO ...

and

SIX.

However, I don't expect I will win two times in a row . Very unlikely.

Malcolm*
Fri 16th Dec '05 6:12PM
1673 Posts
The spinner has been spun, and.... sadly, Mildred, you were right. The number was EIGHT. Oh well; there's always next time.

Spanners, next, bets 50,000 on 3 and 8... and the spinner is spun... and it's a THREE! Spanners wins 250,000! There's just no justice in this world.

Swoop spins a 7, and... has also made it to the Millionaire's Mansion. Congratulations to Swoop! That's three out of six players arrived at their final destinations. Not long to go before the final reckoning. Swoop, before your next turn I'll need two numbers and an amount to bet on.

Arabstrap spins a 9 and lands on a square that does absolutely nothing. It's the square that simply contains an arrow to indicate where the Country Cottage is on the board, and it's pointless. An entirely uneventful turn there, Arabstrap - I expect better next time.

Clara spins a 7, sending her whizzing over to "Enter the Grand National. Pay 220,000 or hand in a racehorse card." Clara does indeed possess said horse, so is spared that considerable expense. Phew!

Kelly spins an 8, landing on "Oil exploration. Pay 145,000 or hand in an oil well card." But does she have an oil well card? No, she doesn't. Cash is duly removed.

So now we return to Mildred for her next two numbers. Unless Mildred has suddenly acquired a computer or a habit of visiting internet cafes, this probably means we wait until Monday for the game to commence.

Tune in next week for the thrilling finale of this dramatic event!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Sun 18th Dec '05 2:11PM
1558 Posts
May I have an update as to amount of hard earned cash I have accrued please? It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride of paying heaps of money to those less deserving then me for the last few turns, and I can't work it out. In the meantime though, I'll bet ?20,000 on red. No wait, on 1 and 9.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Mon 19th Dec '05 10:53AM
212 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

So now we return to Mildred for her next two numbers. Unless Mildred has suddenly acquired a computer or a habit of visiting internet cafes, this probably means we wait until Monday for the game to commence.

Tune in next week for the thrilling finale of this dramatic event!

Ooh, very exciting! My numbers this time around are four and eight (and I'll stick with those for any future turns, please, should they arise)

Malcolm*
Mon 19th Dec '05 11:37AM
1673 Posts

Swoop was bold enough to comment:
May I have an update as to amount of hard earned cash I have accrued please? It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride of paying heaps of money to those less deserving then me for the last few turns, and I can't work it out. In the meantime though, I'll bet ?20,000 on red. No wait, on 1 and 9.

You may indeed. Thankfully, since you're all retired, it's a much simpler list than before:

Arabstrap
A racehorse
An antiques collection
An art collection

Clara
An antiques collection
An art collection
A Rolls-Royce

Kelly
A luxury yacht
A private jet
A beach villa

Mildred
In the Country Cottage

Spanners
In the Millionaire's Mansion

Swoop
In the Millionaire's Mansion

Malcolm*
Mon 19th Dec '05 11:40AM
1673 Posts
But onto the day's gambling frolics:

Mildred bets on 4 and 8, and the number is... SEVEN. Lost again, Mildred. How does it feel?

Spanners bets 50,000 on 3 and 8, and the number is... FIVE. That's 50,000 stake lost.

Swoop bets 20,000 on 1 and 9, and the number is... SEVEN. You lose your stake too, Swoop.

Malcolm*
Mon 19th Dec '05 11:46AM
1673 Posts
So we now come to the closing rounds of the game - the pundits are issuing last-minute predictions and the bookies are going crazy, but let's not pre-empt the Hand Of Fate. Lady Luck, we are your willing slaves.

Arabstrap spins a 9, sending him into the Millionaire's Mansion! You've made it, Arabstrap - I'll need some numbers and a stake from you for your next go.

Two players left on the board, then...

Clara spins a 9, landing on "Enter round-the-world yacht race. Pay 120,000 or hand in a luxury yacht card." But does she have one? She doesn't! Sorry, Clara - pay up.

Kelly spins a 5, landing on "Tax rebate. Receive 80,000." That could prove to make all the difference... but only time will tell!

We're tantalisingly close to the end. Let's have a brief pause before we return for The Final Push.

Malcolm*
Mon 19th Dec '05 4:05PM
1673 Posts
Well, in the absence of any reaction so far, let's have another round:

Mildred bets on 4 and 8, and the number is... TEN. Sorry, Mildred!

Spanners bets 50,000 on 3 and 8, and the number is... NINE. Sorry, Spanners!

And now we come to a hiatus, awaiting Swoop's next decision. How much is he prepared to gamble, and on what numbers? Only time will tell...

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 19th Dec '05 10:33PM
1558 Posts
Don't rely on time for your information, come to me instead! My numbers are 1 and 9 and since my finances are seemingly in tatters, I'll do what any sensible right thinking person would do, and bet like crazy! I'm wagering the maximum amount of cash, and I'm doing it with a scary grin, like a badger whose stripe washed out just before the annual badgers conference.

Malcolm*
Tue 20th Dec '05 10:20AM
1673 Posts
Fair enough, Badgerman - 100,000 bet on 1 and 9. If this succeeds you'll rocket up the leaderboard (although probably not to the top); if it fails, you'll be the poorest player.

And the number is...

THREE.

Sorry, Swoop. You now have only 60,000 left - substantially less, even, than Mildred, who is in fact inhabiting the Paupers' Shack Country Cottage whilst you are in the Millionaire's Mansion. Now that's irony. Don't you think?

And now we await Arabstrap's stake and numbers.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 20th Dec '05 11:22AM
758 Posts
Can I have some of Spanners' money, please, preferrably about ?1,000,000?

Thanks,

Kelly.

Spanners*
Tue 20th Dec '05 12:05PM
4597 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:
Can I have some of Spanners' money, please, preferrably about ?1,000,000?

Says you with nearly a mil in the bank! Just 'cos I've done some canny investment and worked hard the begging letters start arriving like I have a duty to society or summat! It's tough being stonkingly rich...

Malcolm*
Tue 20th Dec '05 5:52PM
1673 Posts
...And so we reach the end of another day awaiting somebody's numbers decision. Arabstrap, are you there?

Spanners*
Sat 24th Dec '05 1:00AM
4597 Posts
Ah so we may have reached an impasse for the duration of the festive period. Sucks for some, however I shall think of you all as I sup my vintage champagne in my suite of TheDaddy.org's most prestigious residence No, really though, if anyone wants to join me for a joint of turkey and some roast spuds you are quite welcome. I'm registered under 'Flight Lieutenant Delroy McFly'

Spanners*
Fri 30th Dec '05 1:11AM
4597 Posts
9 days and still no 'Strap. Stuck in Limbo right here

Malcolm*
Fri 30th Dec '05 2:55PM
1673 Posts
Arabstrap, Arabstrap, where are you?

Such a marvellous game, such a potentially festive climax... but no.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 6th Jan '06 9:26AM
2708 Posts
Arabstrap, come on! I'm dying here!

Spanners*
Fri 6th Jan '06 5:12PM
4597 Posts
We could make a group decision for him to play the numbers he played last time...

Malcolm*
Wed 11th Jan '06 8:10PM
1673 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, this has gone on long enough. The game came so close to finishing in time for Christmas but, due to events beyond most of our control, had to be postponed. Arabstrap has vanished without a trace, leaving us tantalisingly close to the ultimate conclusion of our competition.

Something has to be done.

In order to finish this oh-so-nearly-finished game, a replacement for Arabstrap must be found.

But how should this be done?

Simple!

Brace yourselves for...

Malcolm*
Wed 11th Jan '06 8:16PM
1673 Posts

Arabstrap Idol!

The nation's quest to find the next Arabstrap Idol is ON!

The judges are ready, the audience is poised - who will it be? Who will win the exciting, dream-come-true prize of getting to replace Arabstrap for the final one or maybe two goes of the Game of Life?

You are joining us in the initial stages of selection. The contest is open to all DaddyDotOrgers, new and old, other than those who are already playing the Game Of Life. Anybody who wishes to enter this exciting contest should state their intentions here, and then the auditions will commence!

Roll up! Roll up!

Spanners*
Wed 11th Jan '06 10:02PM
4597 Posts
I wonder if 'Arabstrap Idle' is more fitting

Diziet
optical moose
Wed 11th Jan '06 10:57PM
2522 Posts

Arabstrap Idol!

The nation's quest to find the next Arabstrap Idol is ON!

The judges are ready, the audience is poised - who will it be? Who will win the exciting, dream-come-true prize of getting to replace Arabstrap for the final one or maybe two goes of the Game of Life?

You are joining us in the initial stages of selection. The contest is open to all DaddyDotOrgers, new and old, other than those who are already playing the Game Of Life. Anybody who wishes to enter this exciting contest should state their intentions here, and then the auditions will commence!

Roll up! Roll up!

that made me laugh so hard i did a poo

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 12th Jan '06 9:24AM
2708 Posts
ME! ME! Pick me!

I'm a 26 year old male, and tonight Malcolm I'll be performing as Arabstrap...

Malcolm*
Fri 13th Jan '06 9:34AM
1673 Posts
OK, so so far we have one offer of a participant and one offer of a defecation. Come on, folks - I'm sure we can do better than that!

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Spanners*
Fri 13th Jan '06 11:15AM
4597 Posts

one offer of a defecation.

I dunno that he was actually offering to give it to you...

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 13th Jan '06 3:15PM
2522 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

one offer of a defecation.

I dunno that he was actually offering to give it to you...

the item in question was stolen by a 3 legged stray dog minutes after i made the post.

happy eating pooch!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 13th Jan '06 5:10PM
4678 Posts
Diziet, have you no idea what happened to the Strapster?

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 9 of 12 - <<First  ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedGeneral is The Daddy