Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Play The Game Of Life, via the internet, with other DaddyDotOrgers! - 301 to 330
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 11 of 12 - <<First  ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Wed 1st Feb '06 9:52AM
215 Posts
I have no choice but to plead the 5th amendment.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 1st Feb '06 5:09PM
4678 Posts

Arabstrap was bold enough to comment:

Your right to throw hens at 13th century farmsteads?

Or do you mean the new-fangled American one?

Diziet
optical moose
Wed 1st Feb '06 5:29PM
2522 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Your right to throw hens at 13th century farmsteads?

you need to read up on your medieval legislation, old boy. the fifth amendment of the united kingdom of turnip farmers and mud grubbers circa 1279 clearly states:

To ferne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes
That al the peple of Grece sholde speke
Of which I tolde yow and tellen shal
For Goddes sake, as beth of bettre cheere!

as you can see hens and farmsteads are not mentioned anywhere.

tsk! call yourself a history lecturer?

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Thu 2nd Feb '06 4:18PM
215 Posts
Pah! You're all wrong. I was referring to this:

http://www.poohsoc.org.uk/Archive/Constitution/v5.html

I think that clears everything up. Now, on with the game!

4 and 2, please, with a stake of 50,000. Toot toot, pip pip, what what.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 2nd Feb '06 4:28PM
2708 Posts

Can't argue with that

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 2nd Feb '06 4:51PM
2522 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

Can't argue with that

i'd like to but i wouldn't know where to start!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 2nd Feb '06 5:08PM
4678 Posts
Well, my services were called in to negotiate independently (of what, I'm not quite sure, but anyway....)

Despite the obvious creative triumph displayed by Amanshu, it would be improper for me to ignore the fact that the two A's do in fact seem to have reached an amicable agreement, i.e. that Arabstrap continues in his appointed role in the game. I would like to offer an honourable second place to Amanshu (SECOND as opposed to LAST ) for his awesome work, anyways.

So, back on with the game and good luck to all!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 3rd Feb '06 10:20AM
1673 Posts
Our thanks and appreciation to the negotiator for helping us through this difficult time. It now only remains to say

Let's play!

We let bygones be bygones, blow a collective raspberry at Amanshu, and welcome Arabstrap back for his next gamble in the Millionaire's Mansion.

Arabstrap bets 4 and 2, with a stake of 50,000. Should one of his numbers come up, he stands to win 250,000. And the spinner is spun, and the number is...

...SEVEN.

Bad luck, Strappy!

Malcolm*
Fri 3rd Feb '06 10:25AM
1673 Posts
Clara, next, spins a 1, instigating a short tale of woe. You see, one space forward from Clara's current space is "Tax rebate: receive 80,000." Sadly, though, Kelly is already occupying that space, and the Game of Life rules state that in such a scenario the player should move onto the next space instead. Clara therefore moves onto a very boring space - a space which I have described before. A space which says nothing more than "Country Cottage" and serves no purpose other than to indivate where the Country Cottage is. It doesn't even send andone in there. A very disappointing move, Clara.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Fri 3rd Feb '06 10:41AM
838 Posts
My life is pointless... How can I go on?...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 3rd Feb '06 10:50AM
2708 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:
My life is pointless... How can I go on?...

No, no, no, the James Blunt song goes: "My life is brilliant... My love is pure".

Malcolm*
Fri 3rd Feb '06 10:56AM
1673 Posts
Kelly, next, spins a 7, sending herself catapulting gaily straight into the Millionaire's Mansion! We therefore have only Clara left on the board - and as soon as she reaches the Millionaire's Mansion or the Country Cottage, the game will be over and a winner will be declared!

Oh, I can feel the tension again...

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 3rd Feb '06 11:39AM
215 Posts
then we can start another game! Wooooo!

Malcolm*
Fri 3rd Feb '06 11:47AM
1673 Posts
Your renewed enthusiasm is commendable, Arabstrap.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Fri 3rd Feb '06 11:52AM
758 Posts
Hooray! I'm a millionnaire!

Could we have details of who's in the country cottage so I can laud my immense wealth over them?

Malcolm*
Fri 3rd Feb '06 11:56AM
1673 Posts
Over to Mildred, one of our Country Cottage - dwellers: she bets on her usual numbers of 4 and 8. And the number is... FIVE. Sorry, Mildred - nothing gained; but, then again, nothing ventured either.

We move over to Spanners, who has a standing bet of 50,000 on 3 and 8. And the number is... NINE. Spanners loses too.

Swoop next: we need your numbers and your stake, please. Since you only have 60,000 left, you can bet either 20,000 or 50,000 on two numbers of your choice, for the chance to win five times your stake. What's it to be?

Malcolm*
Fri 3rd Feb '06 11:58AM
1673 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:
Hooray! I'm a millionnaire!

Could we have details of who's in the country cottage so I can laud my immense wealth over them?

In answer to your question - actually, it's currently only Mildred in there. But there are some serious paupers in the Millionaire's Mansion...

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Sun 5th Feb '06 10:12PM
1558 Posts
I'll go for just ?20,000 please, and I choose the numbers 5 and 8 to fight for me. Although I'll actually call them Frank and Joan in our tactical meetings. Just to put them at their ease and make them feel part of the team.

Malcolm*
Tue 7th Feb '06 11:29AM
1673 Posts
Swoop accordingly bets 20,000, and the spinner is spun, and the number is... ONE. Swoop, your funds are now very low indeed...

Malcolm*
Tue 7th Feb '06 12:13PM
1673 Posts
We return, then, to Arabstrap, who must also choose two numbers and a stake of 20,000 or 50,000. (Sadly, 'Bstr, you don't have quite enough money to stretch to a 100,000 bet.)

And your choices are...?

Malcolm*
Thu 9th Feb '06 10:12AM
1673 Posts
...And so the waiting begins again. Good grief.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Thu 9th Feb '06 10:19AM
758 Posts
Arabstrap! Come on! Where are you now?

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Thu 9th Feb '06 10:57AM
215 Posts
4 and 7. 50k.

Sorry about these delays, folks. Alas, i have no interweb at home at the moment and haven't since before xmas. So, the only time i can get on the forum is at work. Life can be so cruel.

Malcolm*
Thu 9th Feb '06 11:16AM
1673 Posts
Never fear!

So, Arabstrap has bet 50,000 on the numbers 4 and 7. Lady Spinner, with what numbers wil you bless us today?

And the number is... THREE. Sorry, Arabstrap - your fortunes are even more depleted! Remember when you were a high-earning salesman? Those days seem very far away now, don't they? Still, chin up.

Next up is the go that we've all been waiting for: Clara. As the last player on the board, it is the fate of Clara that will determine when the game ends. A mere four spaces from the end, if Clara spins a four or higher then it's all over.

So, what will happen?

Who will win?

After all these months of thrills and spills, the moment is upon us...

...nearly.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 9th Feb '06 11:27AM
2708 Posts
That is soooo wrong.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Thu 9th Feb '06 4:59PM
838 Posts
What did I spin? What did I spin?

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 9th Feb '06 5:47PM
2522 Posts
any chance we can play a different game next? i've got the newest edition of trivial pursuit which we could play in teams and pm each other to confer on the answers. use of internet would be strictly forbidden of course...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 9th Feb '06 6:16PM
2708 Posts
The problem with that is you'd have to make a decision after every throw over where your piece would be moved to... I'm not saying it wouldn't work, only that it would be harder to do.

The Game of Life is uniquely suited to Internet play, since it can mostly be run by the quizmaster, and yet still involves a fair amount of input from the individual players. I've been trying to think of another game that has that sort of balance to it, but I've as yet failed

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 9th Feb '06 6:20PM
2522 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
The problem with that is you'd have to make a decision after every throw over where your piece would be moved to... I'm not saying it wouldn't work, only that it would be harder to do.

The Game of Life is uniquely suited to Internet play, since it can mostly be run by the quizmaster, and yet still involves a fair amount of input from the individual players. I've been trying to think of another game that has that sort of balance to it, but I've as yet failed

i would've thought any board game would work....maybe not

Malcolm*
Thu 9th Feb '06 7:40PM
1673 Posts
I've been in long and hard thinks about another game to play next. However, we're jumping the gun slightly, as this one hasn't ended yet. Please see the following post for the game's continuation.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 11 of 12 - <<First  ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy