Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Inaugural Meeting of TDDO P.I.G.G.Y. - 1 to 24
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Tue 15th Nov '05 1:25PM
212 Posts
I hereby notify you all that the inaugural meeting of a subgroup of the Daddy.org (are we allowed to form subgroups at will? I hope so!) took place on Sunday 13 November, between the hours of seven thirty and (roughly) midnight. Hoorah!

The subgroup decided to be known as P.I.G.G.Y., or:

Pudding Implementation Group of Greater York

The purpose of the group is to implement puddings (by which I mean to eat them). There were six puddings at the inaugural meeting, and six forumgoers (myself, Malcolm, Kelly, Allen Key, Clara and the tantalisingly elusive Deanery!), thereby averaging out at one pudding per person!

Have all the members of the P.I.G.G.Y. recovered from their pudding feats?

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Tue 15th Nov '05 2:13PM
1673 Posts
I, personally, have more than recovered from the auspicious occasion, and eagerly await the next meeting. I'd also like to share with other viewers a photograph of the pudding I made for the occasion:

They are, of course, gingerbread terrorists.

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Tue 15th Nov '05 3:36PM
838 Posts
Due to a vegetable and fruit overload yesterday I have now returned to normal. It was a quite frankly fabulous night.

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Tue 15th Nov '05 4:02PM
510 Posts
I am so well recovered that last night I enjoyed a hearty wodge of chocolate bread and butter pudding, which really does become a very different substance when left to sit in the fridge a bit. In fact, I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that chocolate bread and butter pudding, like revenge, is a dish best served cold.

What became of the elusive seventh terrorist, Malcolm? I do hope he didn't strike out on his own as some kind of confectionary vigilante.

Malcolm*
Tue 15th Nov '05 4:52PM
1673 Posts
He's currently being held in a tupperware box, without charge or legal representation. I expect to keep him there for the next 2 - 3 years.

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Tue 15th Nov '05 5:33PM
1558 Posts
I had a pudding once.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Tue 15th Nov '05 9:29PM
4597 Posts
Those gingerbread terrorists are fantastic. If you had baked in a chamber of baking soda next to a chamber of lemon then you could have had authentic explosion effect

So can we all join? I'll eat a pudding right now if I have to. Just watch me!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 15th Nov '05 11:31PM
4678 Posts
I just singlehandedly demolished a 400g Summerberry Roulade

Malcolm*
Tue 15th Nov '05 11:57PM
1673 Posts
Summerberry Roulade? What's that - some kind of namby pamby girly southern dessert?

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 16th Nov '05 1:14PM
212 Posts
It's worth noting that one of the early findings of the P.I.G.G.Y. is that the more pudding one consumes, the more one craves *sprouts*.

This seems to suggest there is some kind of sprouts/pudding continuum....hmmm, interesting!

Everyone is of course free to join P.I.G.G.Y. to answer Spanners' question (I have just this moment received confirmation that Gertrude, as a resident of the P.I.G.G.Y.'s catchment area, has agreed to join the group as a fully active member!) - we will of course keep the forum informed of the dates of future events, so if people across the country want to eat puddings on those dates in sympathy with the P.I.G.G.Y. that will be most wonderful!

Malcolm*
Wed 16th Nov '05 1:44PM
1673 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:
It's worth noting that one of the early findings of the P.I.G.G.Y. is that the more pudding one consumes, the more one craves *sprouts*.

I would like to disassociate myself with this statement. I have never, and will never, crave sprouts.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 16th Nov '05 2:53PM
212 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

I would like to disassociate myself with this statement. I have never, and will never, crave sprouts.

All this proves is that you just haven't eaten enough pudding yet, Malcolm. Give it time (and some more pudding). With another few mouthfuls of gingerbread terrorist on sunday, you'd have been crying out for sprouts, trust me.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 16th Nov '05 2:54PM
212 Posts
It may be that sprouts are the antidote to pudding! But this is a rather wild hypothesis, and I can't back it up with scientific proof as yet.

Clara
Wed 16th Nov '05 3:39PM
838 Posts
I personally found that I had a craving for carrots and parsnips, which I indeed ate in a lovely beef casserole the very next day. Maybe it's a winter veg thing cos I'm with Malcolm here - the sprout is always wrong.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 16th Nov '05 5:25PM
212 Posts
Maybe it was just Kelly who wanted to partake of sprouts - I think I actually craved hula hoops more than anything (this rather debunks my sprouts/pudding theory! whoops!)

Crisis averted: sprouts are NOT the opposite of pudding.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Wed 16th Nov '05 5:59PM
758 Posts
When you say "sprouts are not the opposite of pudding", I think you're being misleading. In fact, I think the whole basis of your argument is misleading. If Deanery ever bothered to post, I'm sure he'd confirm that what was craved was so much more than sprouts - it was sprouts and salty gravy! THAT is the opposite of pudding.

Clara
Thu 17th Nov '05 8:34AM
838 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:
When you say "sprouts are not the opposite of pudding", I think you're being misleading. In fact, I think the whole basis of your argument is misleading. If Deanery ever bothered to post, I'm sure he'd confirm that what was craved was so much more than sprouts - it was sprouts and salty gravy! THAT is the opposite of pudding.

Aye, in fact just last night Deanery was telling me that he was most looking forward to Christmas in order to have a valid excuse to eat just that - sprouts in gravy (not sure if he went as far as to specify its saltiness). I would leave it to him to show support for your theory (as one shouldn't really speak for another without their knowledge), but...

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Thu 17th Nov '05 2:08PM
212 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:
If Deanery ever bothered to post, I'm sure he'd confirm that what was craved was so much more than sprouts - it was sprouts and salty gravy!

How can we get Deanery to post more? Maybe we could bribe him with sprouts?

I'd be prepared to offer Deanery one sprout per post up to 50 sprouts, for starters. I won't extend to gravy, though, unless its vegetarian gravy.

Any other ideas?

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Thu 17th Nov '05 2:23PM
510 Posts
Perhaps Deanery's worried that if he becomes a regular poster, his TDDO Award and Fruit Pastille will be revoked?

Doughnut
What am I doing here? And where are my shoes?
Fri 18th Nov '05 4:01PM
45 Posts
I love the sound of P.I.G.G.Y. and when I've lost another few pounds, so I can fit into a particular dress for a wedding, I would like to join. The thought of eating lots of pudding, having not allowed myself to partake of the daily doughnut or mince pie for ages, is very appealing.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 18th Nov '05 5:11PM
4597 Posts
I've had not one but two jaffa cake muffins today. Am I in? Although the Greater York bit might not work for us Midlanders. Hows about an affiliate group called B.A.P.S. (Brummies 'Aving Pudding Society)?
I don't think we should revoke Deanery's fruit pastille (as trying to retrieve it may not be a pleasant experience for any concerned) however the concept of bribing someone with sprouts is entirely bewildering to me.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 18th Nov '05 11:04PM
4678 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
Summerberry Roulade? What's that - some kind of namby pamby girly southern dessert?

Imagine, if you will, a giant jam roly-poly, but less firmly rolled, and with fresh whipped cream filling up all the gaps in the middle. Oh, and a comfit/medley of seasonal summer berries instead of jam. And instead of roly-poly, it's the sort of fake sponge which looks authentic but is actually made of artificially sweetened ghosts - one stern look and it winks out of existence.

Southern? Pah, in Wythenshawe the closest they have is the Kola-Kube Pasty. Nobody South of Cheadle has ever experienced the calorific goodness that is the Summerberry Roulade.

Loo Rahhh
Don't kick my bum, don't kick my bum.
Mon 21st Nov '05 5:29PM
56 Posts
I need a pudding now! Having read all this madness about chocolate and jaffa and lashings and lashings of undefinaeble sweet goo - I demand to have a pudding! I may have to leave work at once to obtain one! Am worried about fact I am no longer a Midlander and have never been a Greater Yorker! How will I ever get to eat puddings in the company of true pudding appreciaters?? damn the geography of it all....

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Tue 22nd Nov '05 1:18PM
212 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:
I've had not one but two jaffa cake muffins today. Am I in?

I think you probably need to eat at least six jaffa cake muffins to qualify (we operate to a six puddings minimum entry level), but as the Daddy of the Forum himself, you should I think get honorary membership even without eating vast quantities of muffin!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy