Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
TDDO Firefox Extension - 31 to 40
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum 2 of 2 - <<First  1, 2

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 4th Apr '06 10:00AM
2708 Posts
Well, I've emailed you a copy of the old extension (twice actually, I forgot the first time that work will strip it out ) I'll have another look at the extension in a sec and see if I can work out what's going wrong. I'm guessing you're still trying on Firefox portable?

It seems a little odd though because the falling snow hasn't been on there for a long time, since version 0.1/0.2 or so, which suggests that you've somehow reverted... a couple of stages. Interesting...

There are also still a couple of minor problems with menus not closing, so it looks like I was a little bit premature on releasing it anyway

Ah well...

EDIT: Could you try completely uninstalling tddomenu and then reinstalling tddotools? The only reason I can think for it reverting is if it's not fully reading a later update. That makes me think that maybe it's got confused by the tddomenu/tddotools switch...

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Tue 4th Apr '06 10:04AM
1673 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
I'm guessing you're still trying on Firefox portable?

Thank you! I'll try it out in a bit.

No, I'm using normal Firefox. I use portable FF at work because it's the only way I can install anything without admin rights. However, the TDDO plugin worked perfectly well there in the end, as it did at home; it was only the new version (only tried from home so far) that was a problem.

Good luck!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 4th Apr '06 4:52PM
2708 Posts
It appears that this is a problem with Firefox 1.0 only. Firefox 1.5 should be okay with the current version up there.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 6th Apr '06 10:52AM
4597 Posts
Just upgraded my firefox to [[version]] 1.5 and got me some TDDOTools This is the mightiest of things!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 6th Apr '06 10:57AM
2708 Posts
Glad you like it!

Cause I couldn't have done it without you

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 18th Jan '07 9:54AM
4213 Posts
Is there any plan to upgrade the forum tools for Firefox 2.0?

Epicure Mamon has offered to have a go at updating them, but he will need the source.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 18th Jan '07 12:22PM
2708 Posts
Unfortunately I was in the middle of a major update when Firefox 2 was released, that meant having to change a whole load of stuff. Then when I'd done that the whole ability to hide boards was introduced which lead to another complete change to get that to work. I've been beavering away at it for the last couple of days and it seems to now be vaguely stable so I'm hopeful that I might possibly be able to get a stable version up by the end of the week. If you can't wait that long and you don't mind the possibility of bugs (hopefully there aren't any, but...) then I'll happily email you an early copy and you can start playing around with it.

Like I said it's a major update, enough that I think I'll bump it all the way to TDDOTools 2.0, but if I've got it right you should hardly notice the difference... He says.

Changes include:
Improved Login/Logout - Only one button will appear at a time and if you store your password in the password manager it will automatically log you on.
Auto hide on the toolbar - You can decide if you only want to see it when you're in the forum, or even only when you're posting.
Text area resize - change the size of the posting area
Long link wrapper - hopefully.
Only see the boards that you're registered to.
Got to Top/Bottom buttons.

I think that's about it...

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 18th Jan '07 1:30PM
4213 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

Lots of fancy TDDO extention stuff

Cool!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 18th Jan '07 2:07PM
2708 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:
Epicure Mamon has offered to have a go at updating them, but he will need the source.

Oh, and all the source code is in the .xpi file you install. If you want to look at it download the file, unzip it and then unzip the .jar file you'll find...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Sat 20th Jan '07 12:17AM
2708 Posts
Since you've all been very good and waited for me to sort myself out, I've uploaded an version 1.9 to keep you going. It's not done yet, and I'm afraid some things have been removed for now while I try to get them working, but the majority of it is there and at least it doesn't fall over!

I'm pretty sure there are no visible bugs in it, but let me know if you have a problem and I will do my best to sort them out!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum 2 of 2 - <<First  1, 2

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy