Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
TheDaddy Dot Org Secret Santa 2005: This Time It's Personal - 31 to 60
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 2 of 3 - <<First  1, 2, 3  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sun 18th Dec '05 10:15PM
4678 Posts

Diziet was bold enough to comment:
received the most expertly wrapped present i've ever seen through the post today. i'm actually worried about opening it because it'll ruin its shiny perfection!

big thanks to my secret santa.

Wow, that's efficient. I purchased mine yesterday and plan to send it tomorrow.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Mon 19th Dec '05 9:26AM
1673 Posts
Actually, I'd like to apologise in advance in case mine doesn't get there in time. I was looking on the internet for ideas, and found the perfect thing available by mail order, so ordered it there and then. The estimate of when they'd post it etc suggested it will definitely get there in time, but I'm afraid I have no control over it.

Although, I suppose, this apology was completely pointless since nobody knows who it's aimed at...

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Tue 20th Dec '05 11:07PM
843 Posts
Mine is being shipped tomorrow. Apologies if it arrives late!

Edit: It was indeed shipped yesterday, and I just realised I signed the card. Oh well, such it is!

Edit edit: temporal confusings! Tomorrow and yesterday in this post are the same day, the 21st. I have not invented a time machine

Loo Rahhh
Don't kick my bum, don't kick my bum.
Wed 21st Dec '05 10:58AM
56 Posts
OOOh mine arrived yesterday - very funny as old lady downstairs that sorts through all of our post and puts it into each persons cubby hole (i.e old plastic shoebox) must have been like 'who the 'ecky peck is Loo Rahh?'...she managed to work it out tho!

Sent mind off yest..ohh hope it arrives ok

Malcolm*
Wed 21st Dec '05 11:41AM
1673 Posts
Yesterday I received an intriguingly small wrapped package. I have no theories about what it might be, or whom it might be from, other than it's a similar size and shape to the Philosopher's Stone.

Excuse me for mentioning it, but can I interest you in a panoramic print of York - http://www.panoramicyork.co.uk ? No? Oh well - just thought I'd ask.

Oooood
Aubergine Mincemeat
Wed 21st Dec '05 12:51PM
242 Posts
Oooh, I mysterious parcel for myself. How very exciting, I feel like I'm 5 again

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 21st Dec '05 1:00PM
4213 Posts
Sent mine out on monday.

BrightonBabe
Would you like to see me blink? It really is quite impressive.
Wed 21st Dec '05 1:02PM
894 Posts
Sent mine monday too so hopefully arriving soon

Ummm Interesting !!!!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 21st Dec '05 7:00PM
2708 Posts
Received mine today - and if my calculations are correct then the one I sent should arrive either tomorrow or the day after

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Wed 21st Dec '05 11:51PM
4597 Posts
I've just left Birmingham to reside in Manchester for the Festive season. So to whoever is my secret Santa - Cheers and a half! I'll pick it up when I get back

Dregan
Thu 22nd Dec '05 12:56PM
843 Posts
Received mine today! It smells of love!

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Thu 22nd Dec '05 3:16PM
838 Posts
I'm offski to my parents tomorrow, so I shall also pick mine up when I get back. So thank you, mysterious Santa - you shall extend the festivities for me.

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Thu 22nd Dec '05 10:00PM
510 Posts
Mine has arrived! Thank you, Santa!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Thu 22nd Dec '05 11:12PM
212 Posts
My secret santa present arrived today, hoorah! My mother cast it a very bemused look! Thank you very much to my anonymous benefactor - how exciting it looks in its lovely brown envelope! I am having to employ a variety of measures to prevent myself from endlessly rattling it/patting it/trying to see if I can bend it/sniffing it/etc. - ah! And the postmark is quite illegible so I can't tell from whence it came ... hmmm!

How lovely to think of all the parcels whizzing merrily up and down the land, being delivered by weary/non-weary postmen, some with beards, some with no beard, all of whom are completely oblivious to the fact that they are aiding and abetting the Daddy Dot Org Secret Santa 2005!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Fri 23rd Dec '05 10:53PM
1558 Posts
Mine arrived! Alas it was too huge to fit through the tiny letterbox that the good Lord saw fit to equip me with, and I shall have to effect its recovery in the days after Christmas, as I have no time between then and now. I quiver at the thought of its poor emparceled shape languishing over Christmas in a storage booth of the post office. I can only hope that it has good company with the other mystery gifts awaiting collection.
It did mean that a postperson had to fill out out a form addressed to Swoop Tddo, which must have confused them slightly

BrightonBabe
Sat 24th Dec '05 12:02AM
894 Posts
Arrived home today and mine was waiting for me
Thanx Secret Santa

Ummm Interesting !!!!

BrightonBabe
Mon 26th Dec '05 11:22AM
894 Posts
Well opened my present yesterday to be greeted by a CD is there some secret agenda to it .......................

Ummm Interesting !!!!

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 26th Dec '05 11:38AM
2522 Posts
i got a lovely hand warmer.

snuggly!

thanks santa

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 26th Dec '05 3:33PM
2708 Posts
I've got to admit I cheated and opened mine before I left on Christmas Eve. BUT, it turns out that was a good thing, since I got a grow your own present and a grow your own beer, and they require 72 hours to grow, so they should be prefect for me to enjoy when I get home tomorrow

Thank you Santa!

Dregan
Mon 26th Dec '05 11:38PM
843 Posts
Fajita seasoning!!

An aqueous growing dinosaur!!!!

A MR MEN BOOK - MR SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesometacular!!

Ok chaps, I'm back into ADMIN-SANTA mode. At earliest opportunity, please post in this thread stating when you received your package! Thanks!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 27th Dec '05 12:52PM
4678 Posts
Well I received a rather snazzy 'Belly Dancing Kit'. Kelly was dying to see me wiggle some, but she's going to have to wait until I get some practice in first

Thank you Secret Santa! Tingtingting Dinnertime!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Tue 27th Dec '05 5:42PM
212 Posts
YAY! I love my calendar!
It features dogs, made of food! Food, in the shape of dogs!
Dogs and food, food and dogs!
yay me!
the dog made out of broccoli is particularly masterful.
And it is most useful too, as i did not have a calendar for 2006, and now I do!
Thank you Mr, Mrs, or Ms Secret Santa

'Yes, Mildred,' Miss Cackle continued, 'I shall be forced to expel you if this reckless behaviour continues. Now go to your room for the rest of the day and ponder upon all I have told you.'

Oooood
Aubergine Mincemeat
Wed 28th Dec '05 2:01PM
242 Posts
My secret santa is the best.
My present was positively ooozing with love and care....and unicorn.

Love you secret santa

Loo Rahhh
Wed 28th Dec '05 2:17PM
56 Posts
Ah how lovely it all is! I received some very lovely chocolate items including a rather menacing chocolate mouse - will I eat him or will he eat me?

Well done for organising all this christmassy loveliness Dregan - oh how we all frolic with our new gifts! I have accidentally frolicked all the way back to work however - a most disappointing and tiresome outcome!

Loo Rahhh
Wed 28th Dec '05 2:23PM
56 Posts
Oh yes and Mildred, I am very annoyed that you are at home with Phoebe cat (not to be 'trusted' according to mother a.k.a 'the Madness') and Bean cat ('has been' acording to father a.k.a 'the gnome')......

Please do update me on the goings on of the parents - has the gnome been sending Uma Thurman any more xmas cards and does he still think that the Virgin Mary has come to teach at his school? ahh xmas...

Mildred and I contemplated starting a thread based around the insane comments made by our mad family over the xmas period but found we could not stop laughing long enough to do so.....a great shame

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 28th Dec '05 2:36PM
212 Posts

Loo Rahhh was bold enough to comment:
Please do update me on the goings on of the parents

(Just a quick update then, Loo Rahhh: so far, Father has been staring out of the conservatory window saying rather petulantly 'I want to see the Squirrel and the Jay' [there were only chaffinches and blue tits in evidence at the time], and he has also been embarking on SuDoku with hilarious effects. Mother has just driven the 'little car' to the 'little shop', in imitation of Noddy it would seem)

yay for dregan for facilitating secret santa-age!

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Wed 28th Dec '05 4:18PM
579 Posts
My present was waiting for me when I got to my parent's, who looked bemused but had for some reason assumed that Gertrude could only be me. It turned out to be a rather splendid manicure set, and a diary with pictures of Ireland, so I now have beautiful (well, short) nails, and something to keep me going until I get to Ireland to see the nuns in September. Thank you Secret Santa!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Wed 28th Dec '05 11:46PM
4597 Posts
I arrived back home
Alas no santa visit
Have I been bad boy?

Still though, much respect
To santa skills of Dregan
Go on ya good thing

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Thu 29th Dec '05 2:20PM
1558 Posts
After a Christmas spent in a far away land (well, Gloucestershire) I made my way to the postal holding depot. After an awkward few moments explaining to the postal man that while my name wasn't actually Swoop Tddo, it realy was my parcel, I managed to convince him although he looked a bit dubious
And inside was a robot!
A Lego robot!
It stands up, waves its spear around and shoots flying disks at enemies and others whom I take a dislike to. I've never felt so secure in my home! Now I have my android warrior by my side my evil plans can at last come to fruition. Bwahahaha!

Malcolm*
Thu 29th Dec '05 2:35PM
1673 Posts
"Quit your jibber-jabber."

"I pity the fool."

"Don't make me mad. rrrrrrrrrr"

- just a few of the Mr T sayings that emanate from my Secret Santa present at the touch of a button. Thank you Santa!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 2 of 3 - <<First  1, 2, 3  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy