By bye hackers
Tweaks. Many many Tweaks - 1 to 9
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Tue 7th Feb '06 10:51AM
4597 Posts
Hey there

OK so after a bit of programer's block I've been having a good old tweak-session on this 'ere phorum.
You'll now notice that system messages don't appear in the address bar anymore, I've shifted to a system where they're passed via a wee cookie parked temporarily on your machine.
Also I've optimised the guest tracking script so things may start running a smodge faster.
I have some other ideas to implement in the next few days and I'll keep u posted. But for now, Buffy's about to start and I need another coffee.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 7th Feb '06 10:58AM
2708 Posts
And Buffy waits for no man...

Cheers Spanners!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Tue 7th Feb '06 4:42PM
1673 Posts
Nice work! The session cookie sounds like a good development - definitely more professional-looking! However, does that mean we can no longer subvert the view_thread script by putting messages of our choice in the URL?

Or was I the only one who did that...?

Also, I'm loving this text-only version. It means I can simultaneously moderate a chatroom, download an episode of 24 and look at the forum! yay!

Spanners*
Tue 7th Feb '06 4:48PM
4597 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
Nice work! The session cookie sounds like a good development - definitely more professional-looking! However, does that mean we can no longer subvert the view_thread script by putting messages of our choice in the URL?

Yeah sorry bud, that joy has now left the building. Although you could edit your cookie in notepad if you feel the need - it's name is 'tddomsg'. However the little blighters only live for a minute before system cleanup bags them.

Also stand by for a brand new forum feature (already previewed to the admin team). It's all very exciting and will mean that your travel adventures ar never quite the same again...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 8th Feb '06 1:53PM
2708 Posts
How about a random thread button on the main page? Although, maybe only on each board so as to keep it work safe. Cause I've just been trying to go to a random one by editing the url, and I can't find any of the little blighters...

Spanners*
Wed 8th Feb '06 4:01PM
4597 Posts
It is done. Look for the 'Random' link on the board pages.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 8th Feb '06 4:07PM
2708 Posts
Outstanding!

Although I'm guessing you're probably editing the board now, cause it's not allowing me to visit any of the boards to try it out... Some unexpected > on line 137 or so...

Spanners*
Wed 8th Feb '06 4:13PM
4597 Posts
Yeah, sorry. I gotta stop editing this live

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 8th Feb '06 4:16PM
2708 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:
Yeah, sorry. I gotta stop editing this live

But where's the fun in that

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy