By bye hackers
Bugs! - 1 to 30
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum 1 of 4 - 1, 2, 3, 4  Next> Final>>

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sat 25th Feb '06 3:12AM
4597 Posts
To make life a bit easier hows about all future bug reports go in here

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Spanners*
Sat 8th Apr '06 6:20PM
4597 Posts
Ooh Dregan and meself had some fun with this place this afternoon.
We have just been moved to a different server in an effort to prevent these outages that we've been experiencing lately. Unfortunately this noew server is running a different version of PHP than the old one and some of my code was incompatible! Gah!
So I've done some tweaking and Dregan helped me with a lot of testing but there still may be some stuff we missed so I need you all to keep an eye out. I'm looking for problems such as fields not updating right, being booted back to the front page randomly and SQL errors. Also applies to the text only forum. And in fact every other site on TDDO!

For anyone interested the problem was that the new server requiers get variables (variables passed through the address bar) to be referenced by $_GET["variable-name"] rather than simply $variable-name so I needed to adjust every get variable in every file in the forum. Yikes!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 12th Apr '06 10:25AM
2708 Posts
I might be going crazy, but it appears I can't log out. Not really a major problem obviously, I just thought you might like to know...!

EDIT: Oh, and it looks like thread rating is broken as well

Spanners*
Wed 12th Apr '06 1:07PM
4597 Posts
Huh, I can log out. Can you try again?
But yes, thread rating was broke and I've now fixed it. Enjoy

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 12th Apr '06 2:07PM
2708 Posts
It seems to work, but everytime I click on Logout it just returns to a logged in state... I can't do it in the text only version either, although let's face it, it would be more surprising if I could...

Spanners*
Wed 12th Apr '06 5:10PM
4597 Posts
Aha interesting. Works it does in IE but works it doesn't in Firefox.

Edit - haha! It am fixed. Knock on from the same issues once again.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Wannabe
Forummer
Thu 13th Apr '06 8:36AM
This is the Pharoah. My problem is the opposite to Amanshu's, I log in but the system thinks I'm logged out, hence the anon. post. Have tried several times with same result, so not my incompetence!

Spanners*
Thu 13th Apr '06 3:55PM
4597 Posts
Huh. Huh I say. And huh thrice more.
OK I've not been able to replicate this problem but I have made a change that might well sort it. I think we're getting into the realm of different browsers doing different things with their cookies.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 21st Apr '06 9:54AM
2708 Posts
I'm been meaning to mention, after you post to a page of a multipage thread, you return to the first page of the thread and not the page that you posted to on that thread.

I'm dizzy...

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 21st Apr '06 11:17AM
1673 Posts

Anonymous was bold enough to comment:
This is the Pharoah. My problem is the opposite to Amanshu's, I log in but the system thinks I'm logged out, hence the anon. post. Have tried several times with same result, so not my incompetence!

I think this may be the result of a thing I've been meaning to mention for a while. When you type in your username and password, the browser encrypts it before sending it. But if you've got your browser set to remember passwords, it remembers the encrypted version rather than the one you typed in. So, next time you log in it thinks you've typed in a different password. To summarise: TDDO isn't compatible with browsers remembering passwords.

Next time I'm at the Pharoah's house I'll check whether this is the problem there.

Spanners*
Fri 21st Apr '06 3:05PM
4597 Posts

But if you've got your browser set to remember passwords, it remembers the encrypted version rather than the one you typed in. So, next time you log in it thinks you've typed in a different password. To summarise: TDDO isn't compatible with browsers remembering passwords.

Yeah I've been trying to think of a way round this but it'll be tough if we want the passwords encrypted client-side. I went for security over functionality.
Will have a look at the page numbering thing later.

Edit: Found that problem with updating a post (and fixed it) but not with posting. Any more info 'Shu?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 5th May '06 1:39PM
2708 Posts
I know you're away Spanners, but if I don't post it now then I'll have forgotten all about it by the time you get back, so...

If you put two images inside of a scroll then only the first one will show up in Firefox (see the High Pitched Squeaking Noises thread to see what I mean.

Spanners*
Fri 26th May '06 12:54PM
4597 Posts
I dunno that there's a whole load I can do about that bud, sounds like a browser issue.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 26th May '06 1:22PM
2708 Posts
Fair play, I just thought I'd mention it

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 13th Jun '06 6:17PM
4678 Posts
Oooh I remembered one.

Have a look at my rating on my second opinion of Diziet's review of 'get rich or die tryin' in this thread:

http://forum.thedaddy.org/view_thread.html?ref_id=8949&id=19043&start=30

I didn't put that many decimal places, I think I put 3.14. I left it alone so you could see it. Of course, extensive non-integer score functionality may be taking completeness a little too far

Spanners*
Wed 14th Jun '06 11:47PM
4597 Posts
Aha that's very strange, seems to be a bugette in MySQL. I've patched it so that any review with a decimal point gets shown to 2 decimal places and all others get shown normally. Bit of a bodge but will do while I investigate.

Diziet
optical moose
Sat 17th Jun '06 2:47AM
2522 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:
Aha that's very strange, seems to be a bugette in MySQL. I've patched it so that any review with a decimal point gets shown to 2 decimal places and all others get shown normally. Bit of a bodge but will do while I investigate.

this isn't really a bug issue, but it does tie in to what demian was saying about the rating field on the mini review board.

what if i want to add a score that involves symbols or letters? for example, i recently reviewed the incredibly annoying but catchy Fill My Little World by The Feeling. my honest rating was '???' because i both love and hate this song in equal measure. however, the rating field wouldn't let me add the '?' symbol which i feel would have been a better expression of my thoughts on the song. in the end i went for a simple '5' rating when really i think the song deserves not only a '1' but also a '10', these two scores being best summed up (in my mind) by a big fat question mark.

cheers

diziet

Spanners*
Sat 17th Jun '06 2:59AM
4597 Posts
Yeah originally it was just a text field and you could put whatever you wanted in there but I had to change it so that the 'sort by rating' function worked. There was no other way round it I'm afraid.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Mon 26th Jun '06 9:39AM
1673 Posts
A problem I've just had with the generally excellent text-only forum - I can't login! It just says username/password not recognised. I eventually managed to do it by switching to the normal version, logging in there, and switching back - so I know it's not a problem with my getting my password wrong or anything.

Spanners*
Tue 27th Jun '06 8:24PM
4597 Posts
Huh, it works for me. I dunno what to tell ya.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 3rd Jul '06 11:32AM
2708 Posts
Hmmm... I don't know if it's really a bug or what, but when you try to start a new thread on the reviews board you get an SQL error. The thread is created though. I believe you just started the soft drink thread, so you probably noticed it yourself and are working on it even as I type, but I thought I'd mention it.

It would be cool if the review start a new thread allowed you to enter the thread title and the first review, but that also sounds complicated, so...

Spanners*
Mon 3rd Jul '06 11:33AM
4597 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
Hmmm... I don't know if it's really a bug or what, but when you try to start a new thread on the reviews board you get an SQL error. The thread is created though. I believe you just started the soft drink thread, so you probably noticed it yourself and are working on it even as I type, but I thought I'd mention it.

Yeah I noticed that the other day too, it's on the list!

Edit: Fixed!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 19th Jul '06 3:32PM
2708 Posts

It seems to work, but everytime I click on Logout it just returns to a logged in state... I can't do it in the text only version either, although let's face it, it would be more surprising if I could...

I'd completely forgotten about this, but then I had it happen to me again! I think the problem is to do with being logged on to both the Text Only and the Graphical forum at the same time. The only way I can fix it is to delete a cookie

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
A problem I've just had with the generally excellent text-only forum - I can't login! It just says username/password not recognised.

I've just had the same thing - I think the problem is that the password on the text only isn't encoding the password at all. If you get your encoded password and enter that then it'll login fine... I assume that's a firefox issue?

Also, I happened to notice on my travels back and forth that the number of guests can only be seen by people logged on, and not the guests, which mean none of them can see how happy we are to see them

Spanners*
Thu 20th Jul '06 7:23AM
4597 Posts

I'd completely forgotten about this, but then I had it happen to me again! I think the problem is to do with being logged on to both the Text Only and the Graphical forum at the same time. The only way I can fix it is to delete a cookie

Hmmm, the one cookie should be used by both versions of the forum meaning that if you login on one then you should be logged in the other likewise loggin out.

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
A problem I've just had with the generally excellent text-only forum - I can't login! It just says username/password not recognised.

I've just had the same thing - I think the problem is that the password on the text only isn't encoding the password at all. If you get your encoded password and enter that then it'll login fine... I assume that's a firefox issue?

In the text only forum the password is encrypted server-side as I pulled out every bit of javascript I could. Have made a slight adjustment to the code but this is still a problem I can't replicate.

Also, I happened to notice on my travels back and forth that the number of guests can only be seen by people logged on, and not the guests, which mean none of them can see how happy we are to see them

Oh yeah, thought I'd changed this ages ago but apparently I didn't. Sorted now.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 20th Jul '06 9:32AM
2708 Posts

Hmmm, the one cookie should be used by both versions of the forum meaning that if you login on one then you should be logged in the other likewise loggin out.

I seem to get two different ones. For the graphical version I get one with a Domain of ".forum.thedaddy.org" and no Host, for the text only I get one with a Host of "forum.thedaddy.org" and no Domain.

It seems to work fine in IE, so I guess it's just a FF problem

Spanners*
Thu 20th Jul '06 9:39AM
4597 Posts

I seem to get two different ones. For the graphical version I get one with a Domain of ".forum.thedaddy.org" and no Host, for the text only I get one with a Host of "forum.thedaddy.org" and no Domain.

It seems to work fine in IE, so I guess it's just a FF problem

Crap yeah that's our problem. The lofi version should produce the domain as the graphical 'cos it's only in a subfolder and is in fact in the same domain. And I dunno what that leading dot is about for the graphical. WEll since we now have some hard info I can see if anyone else on t'internet has had similar issues

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 24th Jul '06 10:28AM
2708 Posts
Hey, did you know the link to TheDaddy.org in the header doesn't work? It looks like it's pointing to the wrong page...

Spanners*
Mon 24th Jul '06 11:19AM
4597 Posts
Oh yeah
I've been revamping Thedaddy.org and spamspameggandspam.co.uk recently and I chenged a few file names.
Fixed

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Sat 29th Jul '06 1:00AM
2708 Posts
Hey, I'm lazy and also in a hotel. I don't want other people to be able to use my email address, so I'd really like a none-cookie option when logging on.

Yes I know that I could sign on for any post, but I'd rather be able to sign on and forget about it, in a one log on only kind of way...

Possible?

Spanners*
Tue 8th Aug '06 9:00PM
4597 Posts
I don't get what you're saying about your email address here. The forum doesn't use your email address unless you specify it in your profile and then is only displayed to other logged in users. There is also no way of the forum being used to abuse your email.
The forum cookie only stores your passowrd in MD5 encrypted format and your user ID (a single number, not to be confused with your login name/alias). This can't be abused except by people fraudulently posting messages here as you if you failed to hit the logout button and they got on the machine after you.
Sorry bud, I really don't get why cookies are an issue here, can you be more specific?

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum 1 of 4 - 1, 2, 3, 4  Next> Final>>

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedKelly is The Daddy