Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Bugs! - 61 to 90
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum 3 of 4 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4  Next> Final>>

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 16th Nov '06 10:36AM
4213 Posts
It sounds like the same bug that affects me from time to time.
Also sometimes when I post second opinions they come up as anonymous as with the guiliemots review

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 16th Nov '06 10:44AM
4597 Posts
Well guys, as you know code doesn't behave randomly, it will execute the same every time it runs so this must be a browser thing.

The submit problem has to be that your browser won't send post variables from one window to another so the info is not getting from the popup to the main window.
The anonymous problem is that your browser is losing track of your login cookie.
IE6 and Firefox pre version 2 work fine. In fact we should probably inform Firefox about that bug...

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 16th Nov '06 10:55AM
4213 Posts
That's what is weird It happens randomly from time to time on some reviews both at home and at work (where I have different browsers)

I'll see if i can find any common factors.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 16th Nov '06 10:59AM
2708 Posts
I've just tried it with IE6 and it doesn't like it there either, and I definitely saw the processing screen this time, so I'm guessing it must be this computer. I'll try again at home tonight.

I don't think it's the post variable problem, since it works fine for other reviews, just not that one.

Spanners*
Thu 16th Nov '06 11:04AM
4597 Posts
Ok let's try this. Here's the code for making a new second opinion:

$ref_id = $_GET["ref_id"];
$post_id = $_GET["post_id"];
$start = $_GET["start"];

if($_POST["comment"] && $_POST["rating"])
{
?? $comment = stripslashes(trim($_POST["comment"]));
?? $comment = replace($comment);
?? $comment = check_quote($comment);
?? $comment = addslashes($comment);

?? $rating = trim($_POST["rating"]);

?? if($usr)
?? {
???? $user_id = $usr;
???? $query = mysql_query("select alias from users where user_id = $usr") or die(mysql_error());
???? $alias = mysql_result($query, 0);
?? }
?? else
?? {
???? $user_id = 0;
???? $alias = "Anonymous";
?? }

?? $query = mysql_query("insert into review_2nd (post_id, user_id, alias, comment, rating, dt) values ($post_id, $user_id, '$alias', '$comment', $rating, DATE_ADD(CURDATE(), INTERVAL $tz HOUR))") or die(mysql_error());

?? $msg = "The 2nd opinion has been posted";
}
else $msg = "You must give a comment and a rating";

$query = mysql_query("select ref_id from post where post_id = $post_id") or die(mysql_error());
$ref_id = mysql_result($query, 0);

$new_location = "view_thread.html?ref_id=$ref_id&id=$post_id&start=$start#$post_id";

$usr is your user ID taken from your cookie - a 2nd opinion will only get flagged as anonymous if this doesn't exist or is set to 0.
$_POST[""] represents a form 'post' variable
$_GET[""] represents a 'get' variable (the ones you get following the URL in the address bar)
So it will only not submit if it doesn't receive the review body and rating

A prize to whoever can figure out what it may be doing wrong!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 16th Nov '06 12:25PM
4213 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:
Ok let's try this. Here's the code for making a new second opinion:

Clever Codey stuff

A prize to whoever can figure out what it may be doing wrong!

Well as the last time I did any coding was for my degree final project 5 about years ago I think I'll pass on that challenge.

I too can post second opinions on the super sweet 16 review, but I still cant post 2nd opinions on the katie melua review in the music section (I've tried about 10 times over the past few months) so I think it miht be somthing specific to my account and that review.

Spanners*
Wed 22nd Nov '06 2:56PM
4597 Posts
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've just totally figured this one out!

It's not a problem with specific reviews, it's a problem with the ratings you give. The script was crashing out whenever anyone makes a second opinion with a rating of '0' as I put in a check to make sure that there is a value in the rating field but PHP interprets zeroes exactly like empty strings. So when it saw a zero it thought that data was missing and didn't insert the review.
So General, had you been a little more charitable and given Katie Melua a 1 then your review would have appeeared up there with no problems.
But you had to give her a zero didn't you? You heartless man!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 22nd Nov '06 3:04PM
4213 Posts

So General, had you been a little more charitable and given Katie Melua a 1 then your review would have appeeared up there with no problems.
But you had to give her a zero didn't you? You heartless man!

Yay!

Well done mate!

It's more than she deserves......

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 22nd Nov '06 3:05PM
2708 Posts
To be fair, super sweet 16 really does only deserve a 0.

Although maybe I'm being a bit generous there.

Anyway, good work that man!

Mrsham
I lost my toes in a game of blackjack
Tue 9th Jan '07 1:10PM
505 Posts
This probably won't be useful as I can't remember many specifics (it occurred after a few pints of beer) but as requested by Spanners elsewhere:

My first (accidental) post on the forum was the start of a new thread in the techy corner. Realising my mistake I went back to try and edit it. Hitting the edit button brought up an error screen straight away. I should have written this down, but it definitely included the phrase "bad SQL syntax". I was using Firefox 2 and eating a monstrous pizza from Pizza Hut (with cheesy nibble bits).

Hope that's of some use!

Spanners*
Sat 13th Jan '07 5:50PM
4597 Posts
Hmmm I can't replicate this fault at all and I can't trace it without more specifics about the error message.
If it happens again or anyone else gets the same thing can you give me the full text of the error message or save me a screenshot?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 23rd Jan '07 7:46PM
2708 Posts
I can't seem to delete messages from my outbox.

Actually let me clarify. If I open up a message in my outbox and click delete, then it is verily deleted. If however I select it and hit delete selected then it is not. However if I select a message in my inbox and hit delete selected then it deletes fine...

Also rather than having the date next to the message, would it be possible to have the message title? Or both?

You know, in the list thingy on the left...

Spanners*
Wed 24th Jan '07 2:10PM
4597 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
I can't seem to delete messages from my outbox.

Actually let me clarify. If I open up a message in my outbox and click delete, then it is verily deleted. If however I select it and hit delete selected then it is not. However if I select a message in my inbox and hit delete selected then it deletes fine...

Huh, works for me... Can you try it again?

Also rather than having the date next to the message, would it be possible to have the message title? Or both?

You know, in the list thingy on the left...

I did want to do that originally but there isn't room on the page, a couple of long titles really screws stuff up. You get the title popup if you hover over the message though?
I could maybe chop the titles down i.e. only show a maximum on 30 characters from each, would that be good?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 24th Jan '07 2:31PM
2708 Posts

Huh, works for me... Can you try it again?

Yep, and... nope, it's still there... doesn't seem to like me in either IE or Firefox...

You get the title popup if you hover over the message though?
I could maybe chop the titles down i.e. only show a maximum on 30 characters from each, would that be good?

Ah of course! Sorry, I didn't realise about the whole hover thing Carry on!

Spanners*
Wed 24th Jan '07 5:11PM
4597 Posts
Aha, made a tweak that may well sort it. Can you have another go?

Also I've done the adjustment to put titles in the inbox listing, it really does make more sense.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 25th Jan '07 9:13AM
2708 Posts
Yep and... yep!

Outstanding work sir!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 30th Jan '07 9:51AM
2708 Posts
Hey! I'm liking the new dropdown chatroom invite combo! That's a neat idea (since I always forget that I can't just view someone's profile online

Unfortunately you made a slight mistake when changing the old invite links to profile links. I believe that there should be a ? in there rather than a &?

Spanners*
Tue 30th Jan '07 4:50PM
4597 Posts
Cheers, been meaning to do something about that for a while, it was rather confusing.
And you're quite right about the links, fixed now!

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Thu 19th Apr '07 5:45PM
579 Posts
The forum isn't letting me post while I'm on a short login. Why not? Am I being daft, or is it a BUG?

Spanners*
Thu 19th Apr '07 6:18PM
4597 Posts
Hmmm, works for me...

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Fri 20th Apr '07 3:30AM
579 Posts
I just tested it again and it's still not working. When I press 'submit' the screen says 'processing' for a bit as usual, but then I go back to the bottom of the thread and I'm logged out. I'm posting this logged in properly, having just failed to post a testing post on short term login!

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 18th May '07 1:52PM
2522 Posts
hi folks

malcolm is have trouble posting to the forum. he keeps getting an error message:

on the "Processing..." page it says "Unknown column 'type' in 'field list' "

he's tried two browsers and various different threads.

can you help?

cheers

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 18th May '07 3:32PM
4213 Posts
I get this as well.

I can post to threads but I can't create new threads.

Spanners*
Fri 18th May '07 4:24PM
4597 Posts

Diziet was bold enough to comment:
hi folks

malcolm is have trouble posting to the forum. he keeps getting an error message:

on the "Processing..." page it says "Unknown column 'type' in 'field list' "

he's tried two browsers and various different threads.

can you help?

cheers

Would I be right in thinking this is only when trying to create a thread? If so that was my bad and it's fixed now

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Mon 21st May '07 5:29PM
838 Posts
Is there something weird going on with the times shown when we post? We seem to be an hour ahead of ourselves... It's currently 4.30pm - look at the time on the left!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 21st May '07 5:25PM
4213 Posts
The thread list and post list in First Look also seem to be in a different order!

Spanners*
Tue 22nd May '07 5:42AM
4597 Posts
Hmm, the thread list had a little funny but stuff seems to be well now. I'l keep an eye on it.
And as for the time thing, I think another admin got tot he problem before me, I was fixing a bug in the time zone system yesterday and must have knocked it out an hour.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 22nd May '07 8:35AM
2708 Posts
Quoting doesn't seem to work anymore, it goes to (what I assume is the) right url, but there's a line saying:

Notice: Undefined variable: quote_id in /home/fhlinux170/t/thedaddy.org.uk/user/htdocs/new_post.html on line 53

Diziet
optical moose
Tue 22nd May '07 10:59AM
2522 Posts
all the mini reviews seem to be in random date order.

Spanners*
Tue 22nd May '07 3:43PM
4597 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
Quoting doesn't seem to work anymore, it goes to (what I assume is the) right url, but there's a line saying:

Notice: Undefined variable: quote_id in /home/fhlinux170/t/thedaddy.org.uk/user/htdocs/new_post.html on line 53

Fixed!
And I'm working on the random review ordering thing, that's a little strange!

Edit: Fixed that too, they were sorting by title by default - random!

Also I'm aware that things may be running a little slower on the new server. Please be patient I'm working my arse off trying to get things back up to speed.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum 3 of 4 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4  Next> Final>>

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy