Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Who's the Daddy? - 1 to 30
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 1 of 9 - 1, 2, 3, 4 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 31st Mar '06 11:13PM
2708 Posts
Rarely do you get an opportunity to help make history, but this is one of those times.

I know that some of you have been waiting anxiously, but I can tell you the wait is finally over; the time has finally arrived.

In the years to come after the phenomenon has swept the globe you will be able to look back and say to your grandchildren "I was one of the first there". Or maybe not, it will all depend on whether the dementia has set in really.

But I digress, for now it's time for the first ever playing of the new Forum boardgame:

Who's the Daddy?(tm)

For those of you who haven't seen it yet the board can be found here .
A run down of the rules can be found here .

So how do you join in this once in a lifetime opportunity I hear you ask? Well it's quite simple, all I require from you is a cheque for $49.95 a few small pieces of information posted to this thread. In a few days I shall put everyone's name into a hat... Actually they probably won't be put into a hat. Maybe it'll be a bowl. I'm not sure. But it will be impressive. Anyway. The first set of names to be drawn out of the not-hat will get to play. Simple as that!

Firstly I shall require in this post:
Your name.
The name of your first wannabe.

I shall also require a "random square card" to be pm'd to me. A random square card should be similar in feel to one of the squares on the board, and should cause a player to either: lose/gain/swap DOTs, move square, miss a go (or two or three or...).

For instance:
"Walk through the back of a wardrobe and discover a magical world. Gain 5,000 DOTs there from a passing Faun."
"Spend an enjoyable afternoon getting lost in translation. Go back three squares."

If you are feeling particularly uninspired you could either use one of the above or one of the squares from the board.

You should also know that the number of random square cards you pm to me will effect the order in which your name is placed into the not-hat. This will have absolutely no bearing on where you are drawn, but I think it's important that you remember this fact at all times.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 1st Apr '06 10:04AM
4678 Posts
First in!

My name is Demian and my wannabe's name is Lazarus. Good for comeback opportunities, don'chaknow?

I will PM my random square card now.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sat 1st Apr '06 10:58PM
4597 Posts
Would love to participate but I fear I shall be off the map and incommunicado before the game be through. However from the sidelines I shall watch and divide my cheering action equally between all players. Except player 3 who smells of feet.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Mon 3rd Apr '06 9:35AM
1673 Posts
Me! Me! My name's Malcolm and my wannabe's name is Frog. I've no idea why. Sending the square now.

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Mon 3rd Apr '06 9:48AM
510 Posts
After a short period of absenteeism, I'd like to dive right back in here, if I may! My name is Allen Key and my wannabe is called Gryphon. Random square is winging its way to Mr Amanshu.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 3rd Apr '06 11:40AM
2708 Posts
Excellent! Three willing victims contestants headed my way. Mwahahahahaha!!!!!!!

And some quite excellent random square cards as well

Any more for any more?

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Mon 3rd Apr '06 12:39PM
758 Posts
My name is Kelly and my wannabe's name is Leanne, simply because firstly being Kelly I think I should promote chavishness generally, and secondly I'd like to see a conversation betweek Frog, Gryphon, Lazarus, and Leanne.

I will send you, Amanshu, a private message soon.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 4th Apr '06 11:21PM
2708 Posts
Right that's four, we need more! More I say!

Also the rules are now done.

The Guv
I have no idea what to put here........ HELP ME
Wed 5th Apr '06 8:43AM
320 Posts
My name is the guv

and my wanabee's name ................ green badger

pm on its way

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 5th Apr '06 11:52AM
212 Posts
My name is Mildred and I would like my wannabe to be known as Marmaduke.

I shall PM you, Amanshu, ASAP - after lunch, methinks.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 7th Apr '06 9:26AM
2708 Posts
This is the last call for anyone who wants to play Who's the Daddy? All things being equal the game shall be beginning at approximately 13:00 pm today (Friday).

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 7th Apr '06 1:17PM
2708 Posts
Since there were only six players I decided that first come first served was the best option to go for, so our players are:

1) Demian + trainee daddy Lazarus
2) Malcolm + trainee daddy Frog
3) Allen Key + trainee daddy Gryphon
4) Kelly + trainee daddy Leanne
5) The Guv + trainee daddy green badger
6) Mildred + trainee daddy Marmaduke

(Yes, you can swap colours with another player if your both agree.)

And they're......

OFF!

Demian is straight out of the gate with a roll of 5, which means he's seen a really big pigeon, and will miss a go while he pokes it.

Malcolm meanwhile sneaks out with a 3. Nothing interesting happening there I'm afraid.

Allen Key splits the difference with a 4. Not much going on there either I'm afraid...

Kelly tries to skip past everyone but also spots the big pigeon and joins Demian to poke it.

The Guv wisely decides to lead with the sensible 4. Not far enough to see the pigeon, but a good throw nonetheless, and it seems to have served Allen Key well so far. Maybe they could have a cup of tea whilst they're there?

Finally we have Mildred, who decides to be adventurous and shoot off with a 6. She even manages to miss the large pigeon that Demian and Kelly found so interesting!

So everyone's going for the early lead, with Malcolm trailing slightly behind and Mildred taking an early lead. But everything could change so tune in next time to find out what happens next...

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 7th Apr '06 1:38PM
212 Posts
Demian, is it really wise to be poking a pigeon with all these concerns about bird flu flying about?! I do hope you took suitable precautions in the pursuance of pigeon poking.

Hoorah, the game has begun!
Marmaduke and I are very excited, far too excited to have a cup of tea, or settle down to the thrilling afternoon of Higher Education Administration we had planned (although alas that is precisely what we, or at least I, must now do).

Allen Key
Fri 7th Apr '06 2:26PM
510 Posts
How exciting! I spend most of the day stuck in a disused laboratory, and come back to find the game is afoot! And I am indeed having a cup of tea while I'm on my 4. With chocolate biscuits.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 7th Apr '06 2:36PM
212 Posts
I am sipping peppermint tea on square 6 (ha ha I'm in the lead!) - Allen Key, i hope you are enjoying your milk chocolate digestives!

Also have just realised that Kelly will also be engaged in poking the pigeon, along with (perhaps in liaison with) Demian, and I hope that she too has taken the suitable and necessary precautions

I feel a bit sorry for the pigeon. First it has to be worried about catching flu, and then it gets two sharp pokes with a stick. Not much fun being a bird in these crazy times...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 7th Apr '06 4:30PM
2708 Posts
To be honest though I've got wonder why the pigeon is still there. I mean if I was a pigeon and Demian poked me than I certainly would hang around, even on the off chance that I might get poked by Kelly later on...

You know the square doesn't actually specify what they are poking the pigeon with. Maybe they're poking it with a vaccine against bird flu?

They are after all the kind of people who'd do that, stop to vaccinate a stray pigeon they happened to pass.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 7th Apr '06 5:09PM
4678 Posts
Hey, if it's good enough for Kelly it's good enough for me

I'm using a spork attached to a broom handle. I have no ideas as to its vaccinatory properties, however, I just happen to like the word.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 7th Apr '06 5:15PM
4597 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:
from the sidelines I shall watch and divide my cheering action equally between all players. Except player 3 who smells of feet.

Sorry Allen Key, it's nothing personal. Come on everyone else!!!!!

The Guv
I have no idea what to put here........ HELP ME
Fri 7th Apr '06 5:58PM
320 Posts
This is one nice cuppa

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Sun 9th Apr '06 3:27AM
2708 Posts
The board
Since I am the games master I think I get to change the rules whenever I want (within reason obviously) and so as a new rule I think anyone who rolls a six gets a second throw.

So returning to Mildred's go, she gets a second throw and she throws...

A SECOND 6! What are the chances? This moves her up to 12. She passes 10 which gives her 10,000 DOTs, plus another 1,000 DOTs for Marmaduke being a Trainee Daddy. Unfortunately she does end up on Brian the evil French giraffe. This is a first for this game, and so I can now finally reveal that Brian steals one third of your DOTs and gives them to a random player. Which means Mildred loses 7,000 of her DOTs which go to...

The Guv

Since she threw a second 6 she gets another go, where she rolls a 4. This means she's visited by the Marmite fairy who gives her 10,000 DOTs from a player of her choice. Lose 7,000 DOTs, gain 10,000, a fair trade I think. So who's going to give you their hard earned DOTs Mildred?

Demian is busy poking a rather large pigeon and so he misses his go. Sorry Demian

We swiftly move onto Malcolm who gets a 4! Which puts him on seven; another boring square . Really Malcolm, we expected better of you.

Allen Key however gets a 6, putting her on the first ever random square card. The card is this (courtesy of The Guv):
Whilst at work your boss sees you on thedaddy.org and goes mental and begs you for details of how to sign up receive 10,000 dots and a new wannabe as a reward.
Being on square ten she gets another 10,000 DOTs plus another 1,000 for Gryphon
What's your new Wannabe's name Allen Key?
She gets a second roll for that 6 which gives her a 4! This is probably good since it has nothing on it, that'll give her a chance to think up a name for her new squire.

Kelly's also busy poking that rather large pigeon, so we move swiftly on to The Guv who gets a 5, leaving him on nine. Nothing to report there either. The Guv, really!

And I think we'll leave it there until Mildred decides where the Marmite fairy is taking her newly aquired DOTs from.

Tune in next time for another exciting installment!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Mon 10th Apr '06 1:31PM
212 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

And I think we'll leave it there until Mildred decides where the Marmite fairy is taking her newly aquired DOTs from.

Damn you, Brian the Evil French Giraffe! And I always liked giraffes too (although they have alarming black tongues - I should have known they were up to no good...)

But on the other hand, hooray for the Marmite Fairy! Hmm tricky moral dilemma though: who to snaffle the DOTS from. As far as I can see, only The Guv and Allen Key actually possess any DOTs as yet. So I shall perform 'eeny meeny miney mo' (is that how you spell it?!) to determine who from these two is the unlucky person due a visit from the Marmite Fairy and her swag bag...

EENY MEENY MINEY MO WHICH PERSON SHALL I CHOOSE TO GET THE MARMITE FAIRY TO TAKE TEN THOUSAND DOTS FROM?

And that person is....

Sadly, it is The Guv. I do apologise, The Guv. I hope you can forgive me - thanks for the DOTs!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 10th Apr '06 2:09PM
2708 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:

As far as I can see, only The Guv and Allen Key actually possess any DOTs as yet.

Actually everyone started the game with 10,000 DOTs, so you could have quite successfully taken them from anyone... A rundown of each of the players statuses (statusii? status'?) is viewable at all times at the top of the board

And that person is....

Sadly, it is The Guv. I do apologise, The Guv. I hope you can forgive me - thanks for the DOTs!

Hmm, so Brian the evil giraffe steals 7,000 DOTs from Mildred and passes them onto the Guv. In response Mildred takes back from The Guv not only 7,000 DOTs, but an additional 3,000 DOTs in compensation. I sense a grudge developing!

Allen Key
Mon 10th Apr '06 3:33PM
510 Posts

from the sidelines I shall watch and divide my cheering action equally between all players. Except player 3 who smells of feet.

Sorry Allen Key, it's nothing personal. Come on everyone else!!!!!

Well, I think you'll find I'm getting on JUST FINE without your support, so there!

My new wannabe will be named Hamble, after the hideous Blue Peter doll.

Malcolm*
Mon 10th Apr '06 3:50PM
1673 Posts
You know, reading this game so far is a little like watching Ultimate Mornington Crescent.

That's all I have to say at this point.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 11th Apr '06 9:55AM
2708 Posts
And with the addition of Hamble it's time to move straight on with another round (actually it was supposed to be last night, but I got distracted when I discovered that Beef jerky is actualyl quite nice).

So we begin with Mildred who finally decides to roll a nice low number of 2 (whew, I thought she'd never stop speeding off). This moves her nicely onto square 18 - and gives her a well deserved rest.

Demain decides he's had enough of poking the pigeon, and so he moves on. His 3 means that he's got a P.I.G.G.Y. meeting! You'll need to have some sort of pudding Demain and you'll get 5,000 DOTs as well!

Malcolm also gets a 3, this puts him on a 10! Another random square card! Since he's hit 10 he gets an extra 10,000 DOTs plus another 1,000 DOTs for Frog.

And his card is... going to have to wait for now because I've got a meeting to go to.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 11th Apr '06 11:31AM
2708 Posts
So Malcolm your card is:

Whilst spending an exciting afternoon juggling tangerines you find Susan the kind hamster. Return this card to fend off the depravations of Brian the evil giraffe.

Now, onto Allen Key. She rolls a 2! Meaning she's reached square 16 and so has also been visited by the Marmite fairy! Who do you want your 10,000 DOTs from Allen Key?

Now then Kelly's go. She's rolled a... 8. Which again puts her on the same square as Demian! You two are going to be inseparable aren't you?
Still it does mean that Kelly is also at the P.I.G.G.Y. meeting, which is good because that makes it a proper meeting. Have 5,000 DOTs whilst you pick out a suitable pudding Kelly. What's your choice of edible fancy?

Finally for now it's The Guv's go. He's got a 4 which nicely pushes him up to square 13. He gets the now traditional 11,000 DOTs for green badger and passing square 10. Even better square 13 means that he'll be throwing a big party to celebrate! All for the bargain price of 1,000 DOTs. Huzzah!

----------------------------------------------------
The board can be found here
The rules can be found here
The secret of the universe can be found here

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Tue 11th Apr '06 1:21PM
212 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
You know, reading this game so far is a little like watching Ultimate Mornington Crescent.

That's all I have to say at this point.

Sometimes I have meetings at work that are a lot like Mornington Crescent (imagine the fun I have writing up the minutes)

By the way, this is what ten thousand DOTS looks like:

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 11th Apr '06 1:45PM
758 Posts
No! Won't! Want to carry on poking the pigeon. Don't want pudding. Wah.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 11th Apr '06 1:47PM
2708 Posts

Whilst spending an exciting afternoon juggling tangerines you find Susan the kind hamster. Return this card to fend off the depravations of Brian the evil giraffe.

I just realised I should probably properly explain Susan's uses. Basically Susan the kind hamster can't stop Brian the evil giraffe stealing your DOTs (she is after all only a hamster and he is a giraffe). What she can do, however, is fix the randomly selected player that Brian will pass the DOTs to. This can include you. This further means that you can use Susan when someone else lands on Brian as well.

Does that make sense?

Malcolm*
Tue 11th Apr '06 1:57PM
1673 Posts

This further means that you can use Susan when someone else lands on Brian as well.

Does that make sense?

Ooh, yes indeed it does. Excellent. Me and the Susanmeister shall be truly unstoppable! But when will the opportunity arise to use her magical powers? If someone else lands on a Brian, do Susan and I have to get in there before the other player makes her/his Brianish decision?

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 1 of 9 - 1, 2, 3, 4 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy