Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Who's the Daddy? - 121 to 150
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 5 of 9 - <<First  ... 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 19th May '06 8:13PM
4678 Posts
I have yet to receive an eyebrow but I'll take Kelly's word on it's imminent arrival and say farewell to Lazarus. God speed, little one!

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

I'll need up to four numbers from you please Demian and the name of your gambler in crime.

And remember there's already 19,000 DOTs in the pot, so choose wisely...

I'll take 7, 9, 1 and 2 please, in that order. And I think I'll nominate Allen Key to join me in a punt.

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Mon 22nd May '06 8:58AM
510 Posts
Don't mind if I do, sir! I'll have 3 and 8 please.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 22nd May '06 9:33AM
2708 Posts
Right-o, I'll move Lazarus across to Kelly in a sec, but for first for a total pot of 45,000 DOTs, the roll is...

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 22nd May '06 5:37PM
2522 Posts

Birds Eye Crispy Vegetable Fingers are too small.

by gum, you're right! these fingers are tiny and could only satisfy the hunger of the most stunted homunculus!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 23rd May '06 1:17PM
2708 Posts
I think that's enough suspense:

Which means Demian takes a rather shiny sum of 45,000 DOTs and rather neatly catapults him into the lead. And its his go still. He gets a 3, which is halved down to 2 which means he's hit square 36:
Discover that your knee-bone is connected to your hip-bone. Collect 5,000 DOTs. I believe this means you'll be able to have many happy discussions with The Guv about human anatomy now

Malcolm meanwhile bravely manages to skip past the random square (have 12,000 DOTs) and lands on 42 Discover the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything while drunk. Sell it to the News of the World for 20,000 DOTs. That stroke of luck means you immediately take the lead back from Demian. Not bad for a days work.

This takes us to Allen Key who faces the shame of being the first player to not complete a beef-fest. If she gets a 1 or a 2 then she's eaten the final portions of beef and she can happily return to the main board. If however she gets anything else...

So on behalf of Allen Key I send the die spinning across the table.* It rolls smoothly, bouncing off a pencil pot, the side of my computer, my speaker. For a second it spins gracefully, setting the light dancing before it darts off, the spin stopping as it reaches the end of it's roll. But no! It's fallen off the side of the desk, clattering down beside the wall to be sent hurtling across the floor. It slams into my foot, flips high into the air, bounces off the underside of my desk and lands on the carpet. Rolling to a final halt in the middle of my floor. And in the sunlight streaming through my window I can see it reads...

*No dice were harmed in the making of this post. All events are fictional unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 23rd May '06 2:48PM
4678 Posts
These cliffhangers are more nail-biting than Dr Who!

Ginger fury
i sing chaka khan songs while wearing my white stilettos
Tue 23rd May '06 6:24PM
278 Posts
Olive any one?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 23rd May '06 6:40PM
2708 Posts
Allen Key has landed on square eight, successfully completing her beef quota by the skin of her teeth! That means she nets a rather nice 20,000 DOTs and everyone completed their beef challenge!

Huzzah!

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Wed 24th May '06 8:49AM
510 Posts
Oh, the relief! I feel at this point there should be a 'phew!' smiley, but there isn't as far as I can tell, so I shall make do with . Or perhaps , given the amount of beef I've just eaten.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Wed 24th May '06 9:33AM
758 Posts

Gingerjane was bold enough to comment:
Olive any one?

That sounds marvellous. And how about a nice slice of ciabatta?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 24th May '06 1:50PM
2708 Posts
Kelly gets a 1. She's on square 38: A rather bizarre series events ends up with you having to pay 5,000 DOTs. But it's not all bad news. If you can pay, then you get 20,000 DOTs back. Congratulations Kelly!

The Guv gets a 4. He passes square forty (have 12,000 DOTs) and lands on square 42: Discover the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything while drunk. Sell it to the News of the World for 20,000 DOTs. It's jsut a shame Malcolm had already done it really. However this does mean that he's the first person to accrue over 100,000 DOTs! Hope you mangae to keep hold of it all there!

Mildred meanwhile gets a 6, which puts her on 47: Reprogram another players brain. Select another player who only travels half their dice roll for the next 3 goes.

She follows that up with a 3, which puts her on square 50! The first to reach the halfway mark. She gets 11000 DOTs and her card is: After a fun day at the beach you decide it's time to impart some secrets of the universe to your wannabes. You carefully explain to them and also . After this helpful discussion all of your Wannabes are promoted a level!

Which makes Marmaduke the first Wannabe to reach the Daddy Mack level!

We'll have to leave it there until Mildred decides who's brain she'd like to have a play around in...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 30th May '06 9:34AM
2708 Posts
Mildred? Are you out there? We need to know who's brain you're going to want to be messing around with...?

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Tue 30th May '06 12:15PM
212 Posts
ooh sorry, don't know how i missed that - oh dear, i've just done eeny meeny miney mo and it's come out as KELLY for brain reprogramming -soz Kelly! i hope you can forgive me

Yay Marmaduke - I knew he could do it!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 30th May '06 12:41PM
2708 Posts
Right-o Kelly is duely moving at half speed. I hope you did something nice too whilst you were in there Mildred!

Demian gets a 2. Thanks to his own efforts in reporgramming his brain he's only moving at half speed, so that gets him to square 35 - You are overcome with the hiccups. Go back four spaces. Which takes him back to square 31. The good old one step forward and four steps back bluff I see.

Malcolm meanwhile gets a 5, which puts him on 47 - Reprogram another players brain. Select another player who only travels half their dice roll for the next 3 goes. The great mind experiment continues! Who are you going to hit with your nefarious mind manipulation Malc'?

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Tue 30th May '06 2:16PM
1673 Posts
Can I also apply mine to Kelly, making each of her die rolls only count for a quarter of their value?

I realise some rounding-off would be required.

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 30th May '06 2:33PM
758 Posts
If you're not all careful, I'm going to go and sulk in a corner, taking my wannabe and all available eyebrows with me.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 30th May '06 2:53PM
2708 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
Can I also apply mine to Kelly, making each of her die rolls only count for a quarter of their value?

Err... Yeah, I guess so. I didn't think of that. Okay Kelly, I'm very sorry, but you are now moving at quarter speed. What this basically means is that if you roll less than a five you move one square. If you do roll a five or a six, you move two squares. Won't that be fun?

Allen Key gets a 3. That puts her on 36 - Discover that your knee-bone is connected to your hip-bone. Collect 5,000 DOTs. Ah, the sweet joy of learning!

Kelly stretches to move forwards and gets a 3! That moves her to square 39 where she can take a breather after that horrible effort.

The Guv also gets a 3. He moves to square 45 where he can breath a sigh of relief and watch the world around him. Or in other words, nothing happening.

Mildred almost predictably gets a 6. Square 56 is boring so she carries on.

At this point I should probably point out that just two squares ahead of Mildred is this square: 58 - One of your wannabes runs off with the circus and becomes the 'great Zambeeze.' I'd also like to point out that Mildred's only Wannabe, Marmaduke, is not just a trainee daddy but a full blown Daddy Mack!

Are you all ready for this roll? Will Marmaduke make it intact or will he instead vanish off to become the Great Zambeeze?

Only I know the answer. MWAH-HA-HA-HA!

The Guv
I have no idea what to put here........ HELP ME
Tue 30th May '06 9:01PM
320 Posts
I do enjoy doing nothing

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 31st May '06 11:26AM
2708 Posts

The Guv was bold enough to comment:
I do enjoy doing nothing

Don't we all? It's much easier that way!

Anyway, I shall keep you in suspense no longer. Mildred got a 3 putting her on square 56 where nothing is going on. That means that Marmaduke is safe. Phew!

Demian meanwhile rolls a 5, it's his last go at half movement and so that puts him on the mysterious fez guy. What are your numbers and who would you like to gamble with Demian?

Malcolm skips lightly across the halfway mark (pass 50! Collect 12,000!) with a 6! Excited by his achievement he continues onwards with a 3, and that lands him on square 56 which Mildred has just vacated. Bit of a shame that otherwise they could have enjoyed a nice cup of tea together.

Allen Key's at the back of the pack with Demian and Kelly. She gets a 1, so it doesn't look like she'll be catching up with Malcolm and Mildred anytime soon. That puts her on square 37.

Kelly meanwhile painstakingly pulls herself over the line onto square 40 with a 2! She gets 11,000 DOTs and her random card is...
You take some time to give Lazarus something he doesn't need and doesn't want. This character building lesson helps him to advance a level. Making Lazarus the second Wannabe to reach the Daddy Mack level! Congratulations! I bet Demian wishes he hadn't swapped him now!

Finally The Guv gets a nice solid 4, and he's obviously not done enjoying doing nothing - since there is absolutely nothing happening on square 49. Have fun The Guv!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 31st May '06 1:04PM
212 Posts

Right-o Kelly is duely moving at half speed. I hope you did something nice too whilst you were in there Mildred!

Oh yes, I installed a nice little breakfast bar and arranged for some kittens to dance the fandango atop said breakfast bar whenever Kelly's brain registers feeling *wistful*

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 31st May '06 5:37PM
4678 Posts

Demian meanwhile rolls a 5, it's his last go at half movement and so that puts him on the mysterious fez guy. What are your numbers and who would you like to gamble with Demian?

Could you please delineate the extremeties of my druthers, good sir? Last time I played safe with four numbers under 10, but if you're rolling a D20 or something I think the world ought to know...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 31st May '06 6:23PM
2708 Posts
I will happily outline the extremity's of your druthers!

I will I'm afraid only be rolling a D10. No D20's are used in this game. A D24 was used to order the random card's but other than those two numbers only a D6 is used.

So, four numbers less than 10. Each number you pick will increase the probability of your numbers being picked by one tenth. Personally I'd suggest more is better, but that being said if you'd prefer you could just throw away 5,000 DOTs and pick one number, lessen the blow when it strikes so to speak...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 31st May '06 9:42PM
4678 Posts
I see. In that case, tempting though your plan sounds, I'll go with 2, 3, 4 and 10. And this time I'll invite Mrs. Pifflehead up to the oche.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Thu 1st Jun '06 9:53AM
212 Posts
Mrs Pifflehead steps up to the oche.

This is she, stepping:

(do i have to pick some numbers? if so, i'd like 8 and 6 and 2 please!)

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Thu 1st Jun '06 9:55AM
212 Posts
p.s. oh i probably can't have 2 because Mr Demian's picked it, so I'll just have 8 and a lovely 6, please

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 2nd Jun '06 8:43AM
2708 Posts
Right, Demian has numbers 2, 3, 4 and 10, Mildred has numbers 6 and 8, giving a total pot of 26,000 DOTs. The spinner is spun and the number is...

Congratulations Demian!

And I'm very sorry Mildred. In fact to make matters worse, you've just spun a 5 - which means you've ended up on Brian the evil french giraffe.
It's been a while since he's turned up so as a quick reminder:

Brian the evil french giraffe (he wasn't always evil, I blame the parents).
1. Brian the evil french giraffe will take one third of your DOTs (rounded down).
2. These DOTs will go to a randomly selected player.

Which means Mild' that 9,000 of your DOTs are going to...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 2nd Jun '06 4:50PM
4678 Posts
Oooh the suspense!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 2nd Jun '06 11:53PM
212 Posts
I'm literally on tenterhooks!

Can;t wait to find out who's going to snaffle my hard-earned DOTs....humph!!

& I think it's high time someone served an Asbo on bloody Brian the Evil French Giraffe (or even better, carted him off to a Correctional Zoo for Maladjusted Animals)

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 5th Jun '06 1:06PM
2708 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy having a long chat with Brian to try and convince him that maybe stealing everybodies money isn't the best way of getting friends. Or at the very least if he's going to all the effort of stealing it then he should keep the cash himself and use it to buy friends. Unfortunately he's a french giraffe, so he didn't really understand me and instead he gave the DOTs to...

The Guv

Which takes Mildred down to 19,000 DOTs, and The Guv upto 114,000 DOTs. Bit of a difference there I'm sure you'll agree. Also, interestingly enough, this is the second time that Brian has stolen Mildred's DOTs and given them to The Guv. Not quite sure what that's all about. You haven't been bribing him to fix the dice while I wasn't looking have you The Guv?

Demian meanwhile gets a 6! That puts him on square 40 and his card is: "Start a new thread to gain a new Wannabe at a random level. The thread should include the words:
'crazy', 'rats' and 'expansion'*"

For his second roll he gets 2 taking him to square 42 which can only mean: "Discover the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything while drunk. Sell it to the News of the World for 20,000 DOTs." I've got to say the News of the World do keep trying to get the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything, don't they? I wonder when they'll realise it won't work?

----------------------------------------------------
The board and player status can be found here
The rules can be found here
*The random word generator used can be found here

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Mon 5th Jun '06 2:45PM
212 Posts

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy having a long chat with Brian to try and convince him that maybe stealing everybodies money isn't the best way of getting friends. Or at the very least if he's going to all the effort of stealing it then he should keep the cash himself and use it to buy friends. Unfortunately he's a french giraffe, so he didn't really understand me

All I have to say to Brian is this:

Oh Brian vous ?tes une giraffe mauvaise et je souhaite que vous vous comportiez mieux ? l'avenir. Je regrette beaucoup vos actions r?centes et je pense que vous devriez prendre un certain temps de r?fl?chir sur ce que vous avez fait et consid?rer comment vous pouvez le faire jusqu'? moi.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 5 of 9 - <<First  ... 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedKelly is The Daddy