Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Who's the Daddy? - 31 to 60
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 2 of 9 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 11th Apr '06 2:43PM
2708 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

If someone else lands on a Brian, do Susan and I have to get in there before the other player makes her/his Brianish decision?

Ah, you're getting confused between Brian the evil giraffe and the Marmite Fairy.

Basically there will be an obvious choice of when you are able to use Susan, and it shall be made clear to you!

EDIT: You can see an example of Brian the evil giraffe here

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 12th Apr '06 2:02PM
2708 Posts
Sorry for the delay here folks, we're waiting for Allen Key to decide from whom the marmite fairy is taking 10,000 DOTs.

Allen Key? What's your choice going to be?

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Wed 12th Apr '06 2:09PM
510 Posts
Oh, 'ecky thump - sorry folks, I'm not good at decisions! Hmm... I think the unlucky person is going to have be Malcolm, I'm afraid, purely on the basis that he currently has more DOTs than the others, plus the benefit of Susan the nice hamster to give him solace at this turbulent time. I know it's not strictly within her remit, but being so nice, I'm sure she'll oblige. Sorry, Malcolm!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 12th Apr '06 3:53PM
2708 Posts
Sounds like a reasonable decision to me, it serves him right for having all those spare DOTs really, doesn't it?

Anyway, onto Mildred's go. She rolls a 3 moving her to square 21. Since she's passed square twenty she gets an extra 11,000 DOTs! You can see why I was waiting for Allen Key's decision, can't you?

After that we move onto Demian's go. He's rolled a rather successful 4! So he's passed square ten giving him an extra 11,000 DOTs. On the downside this also means he's landed on square 12, which is the home of Brian the evil giraffe (am I the only person who thinks that needs a sinister musical flourish of some kind?). Brian will be stealing one-third of your DOTs to the nearest 1,000. That works out as 9,000 DOTs I'm afraid. I'll roll to find out who gets them, but first Malcolm, do you wish to use Susan now?

Hmmm... It's Malcolm's go next, and without giving anything anyway I think I'll wait until he's decided before I roll for him...

EDIT: I've just noticed that I originally got the amount that Demian had stolen off him wrong. It has now been corrected.

----------------------------------------------------
The board can be found here
The rules can be found here
The secret of the universe can be found here

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Wed 12th Apr '06 4:02PM
1673 Posts
Go, Susan! Charge mightily into the throes of battle, and seize honour and glory out of the cavalcade of disaster visited upon us by the Dastardly Allen Key! Steal Demian's money like you've never stolen Demian's money before!

Ahoy!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 12th Apr '06 4:37PM
2708 Posts
You know the more I think about it, the more I realise that Susan the Kind Hamster probably needs a new name... The money is dutiful yours Malcolm.

Kelly was bold enough to comment:
No! Won't! Want to carry on poking the pigeon. Don't want pudding. Wah.

Why don't you take the pigeon to the meeting too? It might like some pudding as well?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 13th Apr '06 11:23AM
2708 Posts
Right, time for another set of moves before the easter bank holiday, and we start off with Malcolm. He rolls a 4 moving him onto square 14 where he can safely celebrate the sum he stole with Susan.

Kelly (and her rather large pigeon) get a 6. This shoots her past square 10 (have 11,000 DOTs Kelly) and also onto 14. But she's not going to stop there obviously! She follows up with a 3, bringing her to square 19, and perfectly posed to proceed down a perpendicular promenade.

Next up we have The Guv who has rolled a 4. That means he has ended up on square 17 where... Oh dear. He's been winking at otters again. green badger will be jealous, and you'll have to pay 1000 DOTs as your lecherous look makes you liable for a large legal legacy.

Which neatly brings us up to our leader Mildred who's precariously perched on 21 and lined up before four special squares. Yes, that's right, she's only got a third of a chance of navigating this minefield with her DOTs intact, or her brain unscrambled. She might even bump into the mysterious fez guy! What fickle fate awaits this fearless fotune-hunter?

You'll just have to wait and see...!

The board and player status can be found here.
The rules can be found here.
The end of the internet can be found here.

Malcolm*
Thu 13th Apr '06 11:58AM
1673 Posts
Amanshu, I'd just like to offer my appreciation of your writings in the last update. Brilliant - you have surpassed yourself!

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Thu 13th Apr '06 1:27PM
212 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:

Which neatly brings us up to our leader Mildred who's precariously perched on 21 and lined up before four special squares. Yes, that's right, she's only got a third of a chance of navigating this minefield with her DOTs intact, or her brain unscrambled. She might even bump into the mysterious fez guy! What fickle fate awaits this fearless fotune-hunter?

You'll just have to wait and see...!

Oh goodness me, I'm not sure I can bear the suspense! I may have to consume vast quantities of chocolate over the next 4 days to keep my nerves in check (oh yeah, I was going to do that anyway...)

I've never been a fearless fortune-hunter, subject to fickle fate, before - I feel rather giddy!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 13th Apr '06 3:50PM
2708 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:

I may have to consume vast quantities of chocolate over the next 4 days to keep my nerves in check

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I could live with myself in that case... Ok, there shall be one final last set of goes before Easter.

And so, Mildred's roll is... 1

And that puts her on Brian the evil giraffe who will be taking 8,000 DOTs off her and giving them to...

And THAT my victims friends, is a perfect place to leave it for the Easter break

The board and player status can be found here
An interesting fact can be found here

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 13th Apr '06 3:57PM
4597 Posts

Brian the evil giraffe

He wasn't always evil, I blame society.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 14th Apr '06 3:39PM
4678 Posts
Choccy Break!

Happy Easter y'all!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 18th Apr '06 9:50AM
2708 Posts
And welcome back. I hope you all had an enjoyable easter full of chocolate and bunnies. I did think I'd managed to survive intact this year with narry an easter egg in sight - but then I go into work and found two mini-eggs left on my desk. Ho-hum.

Anyway, I shall leave you in suspense no longer - the 8,000 DOTs goes to:
Allen Key

Congratulations Allen Key! Don't spend it all at once though! Actually, good lord, you're on nearly 50,000 DOTs! That's quite remarkable. Is no one going to be able to halt Allen Key's meteoric rise?

Also, Mildred? I'm deeply sorry for your lose.

Still not that sorry because now we're onto the mighty Demian, who rolls a 1. Obviously that's something worth celebrating, so he blows 1000 DOTs on a party! I do hope there's Jelly and Ice cream.

Malcolm is up next, and he gets a 6! This puts him on square twenty, which means he gets another random square card! You know this means Malcolm has only landed on empty squares and random squares? I'm starting to think he might be addicted. Anyway, you'll get 11,000 DOTs for reaching square 20, and of course your card is:

An impulse production of Romeo and Juliet (Cast of one) in the street nets you 5,000 DOTs from appreciative passersbys.

Impressive! Your second roll is another 6! This is nearly unheard of. That puts you on 26 - an empty square. You see? Addicted I say. Just watch this next roll of four: or 2 as it's also known... However that only puts you on 28. An empty square. I rest my case...

Anyway, I think I'd better go do some work this morning, so I shall leave it there until this afternoon.
An estimate of the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow can be found here

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 19th Apr '06 9:40AM
2708 Posts
Allen Key rolls a five moving her to square 21. Nothing happening there, but it does mean that she passes square 22 which gives her an additional 10,000 DOTs, plus another 2,000 DOTs for Gryphon and Hamble. After the 8,000 DOTs she stole off of Demian this puts her on a rather impressive total of 61,000 DOTs, nearly double the nearest player!

There's no reason for me telling you this, I just thought you all might like to keep it in mind...

Kelly gets a 2 which also puts her on square 21. She gets 11,000 DOTs for passing square 20. And that makes her the second richest character. It looks like she'll be able to enjoy a cuppa with Allen Key before the two of them move on, maybe they're busy swapping the secrets of their success?

The Guv next, and he rolls a rather cautious 1, putting him on square 18. That's an empty square that will give him plenty of time to explain to green badger why he was so busy winking at those otters.

Mildred way out in front rolls a 5, and that puts her on 27 which can only mean... Ahhh...

All shall be revealed shortly!

A picture of a cloud can be found here

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Wed 19th Apr '06 10:49AM
758 Posts
Where's my pigeon? Want my pigeon. Don't care about DOTs.

Malcolm*
Wed 19th Apr '06 10:58AM
1673 Posts

You see? Addicted I say. Just watch this next roll of four: or 2 as it's also known... However that only puts you on 28. An empty square. I rest my case...

OK - I admit it. It's a fair cop. I blame my parents.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 19th Apr '06 11:52AM
212 Posts
I'm aghast, agog, and in suspense. Hurry hurry Amanshu, let me know my fate!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 19th Apr '06 12:00PM
2708 Posts
The fez guy

The mysterious fez guy is shrouded in mystery, who is he? Nobody knows. Why does he have such a stylish moustache? The answers are even murkier...

But this much is known:
1. When you land on the fez guy you must pick another player.
2. You must then pick up to four numbers from 1 to 10 (inclusive).
Each number will cost you 5,000 DOTs.
3. The other player then gets to choose up to three of the remaining numbers.
4. Each number will cost them only 3,000 DOTs since they got roped in.
5. Both players must buy at least one number.
6. The remaining numbers are taken by the fez guy. He pays no DOTs, because it's his game.
7. The dice will then be rolled and the money will go to the player who chose the correct number.
8. If the fez guy wins then the money will remain in the pot to possibly be won next time someone lands on the fez guy...

Clear?

So Mildred, who's going to join you and which numbers are you going to pick?

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Wed 19th Apr '06 12:14PM
4597 Posts
Ooooh sneaky racketeering Fez Guy!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 19th Apr '06 12:44PM
4678 Posts
I'd just like to point out that nowhere in the rules or this thread does it mention what DOT stands for

Malcolm*
Wed 19th Apr '06 12:51PM
1673 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:
I'd just like to point out that nowhere in the rules or this thread does it mention what DOT stands for

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who didn't understand. I've also got no idea what all the levels/statuses are about - how do people get assigned them? etc. - but I've been treating the game so far as a surreal Mornington Crescent-style game, so I therefore don't have to understand anything. It's very amusing that way!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 19th Apr '06 1:03PM
2708 Posts
DOTs = Dollars of TheDaddy... or maybe they're just the DOTs between TheDaddy and the Org...

As for the level/statuses... statii... statusii's... whatever, I assume you mean the Wannabes? To be honest I'm starting to think that the Wannabes were a bit of a mistake and should probably be ditched for the next game. Although it all made sense before play started I'm beginning to think that maybe it's all just a little bit too complicated...!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 19th Apr '06 1:05PM
4678 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who didn't understand. I've also got no idea what all the levels/statuses are about - how do people get assigned them? etc.

I was wondering this too, but assumed that the only way to influence levels or status was via the effects on the squares or the cards. Or can we land on each other and start a flamewar between our newbies? That would be fun, and a good way to level up our noobs

Edit: 2d6 + noob level would be a simple way to resolve the flamewar.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 19th Apr '06 1:34PM
2708 Posts
The original idea was that the majority of the random square cards and the last chance cards would influence the levels. It just didn't quite work out that way... (well the last chance cards probably still will, but that kind of misses the point).

I kind of like the flame war idea, although it does beg the question of what to do if there are multiple Wannabes...

If people want this kind of rule added then say, and I'll restart the game design thread...

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 19th Apr '06 1:37PM
212 Posts
I don't like fez guy anymore. He can just fez off.

Ok, I have conducted eeny meeny miny mo to select the hapless player to join me in fez guy's wicked, moustachio-ed clutches, and I can announce that that player is...

.... our very own Malcolm. Soz Malcolm for involving you in this suspicious nastiness but since you've got lots of DOTs it shouldn't be too disastrous for you and it might potentially even be a good thing if you get the right number.

Because I haven't got very many DOTs , I am just going to have two numbers please. I would like the number 8 and the number 2.

Fingers crossed....

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 19th Apr '06 1:42PM
2708 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:

I don't like fez guy anymore. He can just fez off.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Bu he could be rather nice to you after all and allow you to judiciously steal some of Malcolm's money...

2 and 8 are now yours, and the pot stands at 10,000 DOTs. Malcolm what's your choice of numbers?

Malcolm*
Wed 19th Apr '06 3:02PM
1673 Posts

2 and 8 are now yours, and the pot stands at 10,000 DOTs. Malcolm what's your choice of numbers?

Well, firstly I'd like to thank Mildred for inviting me along on this jolly flutter. And secondly, I'd like to choose three and four.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 19th Apr '06 3:32PM
2708 Posts
Very well, the pot is 16,000 DOTs, Mildred has 2 and 8 and Malcolm has 3 and 4.

And the result is...

And so Malcolm steals the 16,000 DOTs.

I must say I'm terribly sorry Mildred, it's really not your game is it?

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 19th Apr '06 4:12PM
212 Posts
Poop to you all!

Malcolm*
Wed 19th Apr '06 4:23PM
1673 Posts
And double poopy-poopy-poop-poop to YOU, Mildred, because I've got some of your DOTs.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 2 of 9 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ...  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy