Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Sudden thought - 31 to 60
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 2 of 3 - <<First  1, 2, 3  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 15th May '06 12:50PM
2708 Posts
You know if someone else posted to this it would end up on page two of the thread.

EDIT: Huh.

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Mon 15th May '06 1:55PM
212 Posts
A blackbird landed on the tree outside my office window this morning and vigorously whirled his tail feathers in my direction for several minutes. A moment ago he returned, perched on the outer window ledge and stared at me through the window with his small black eye, rimmed with orange, then hopped on to the tree and sang jubilantly before flying away.
I?m beginning to wonder if I know him from somewhere.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 15th May '06 4:19PM
2708 Posts
I once knew a blackbird. Name of Fred.

Nice guy, but messy eater. He could not keep his food on the table. He had to keep flying off and eating it in weird corners.

Still, nice guy.

Ginger fury
i sing chaka khan songs while wearing my white stilettos
Wed 17th May '06 8:34PM
278 Posts
Arrrgg!!

the photo the photo she makes my eyes blead

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 19th May '06 8:57AM
2708 Posts
Hey! Look! It's FRIDAY!

Is that great or what?

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 19th May '06 1:02PM
212 Posts
The world has gone mad...
Someone's selling a ticket into the big brother house on ebay for ?6million!
link

Hmmm!

Shortened Link - Amanshu

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Fri 19th May '06 1:10PM
212 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
Hey! Look! It's FRIDAY!

Is that great or what?

Yay! It's Friday! Friday means you can eat some cake to celebrate the end of the week (so does monday, for the opposite reason)

http://lyrics.doheth.co.uk/songs/cure-the/galore/friday-im-in-love.php

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 19th May '06 1:53PM
2708 Posts

Mildred was bold enough to comment:

It got up to 10 million before they pulled it. I happened to be lucky enough to be looking at the page as it was pulled

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 19th May '06 2:33PM
1673 Posts

It got up to 10 million before they pulled it. I happened to be lucky enough to be looking at the page as it was pulled

Wow - what did that look like?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Sat 20th May '06 12:08PM
2708 Posts
I saw the first page, clicked on the bid history which went to an invalid page, and then returned to find the auction was invalid

The worst point was as soon as I saw the first page I emailed the link out to people at work, and then almost immediately had to send out another saying it had been pulled

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sun 28th May '06 10:58AM
4597 Posts
The grass on my lawn has got very long. When I went into my garden yesterday to retrieve my unicycle from the shed I spied out of the corner of my eye my neighbours tabby cat staring at me from deep within the grass.
Given my recent adventures and the general dazed state with which I was approaching the morning I immediately thought it was a lion stalking me and ran away.
(ok, so cats are smaller than lions, but I assumed it was further away)

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sun 28th May '06 9:06PM
4678 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

I immediately thought it was a lion stalking me and ran away.

You mean they didn't train you to bop them firmly on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper whilst loudly saying 'NO!'?

Malcolm*
Mon 29th May '06 5:32PM
1673 Posts

The grass on my lawn has got very long. When I went into my garden yesterday to retrieve my unicycle from the shed I spied out of the corner of my eye my neighbours tabby cat staring at me from deep within the grass.
Given my recent adventures and the general dazed state with which I was approaching the morning I immediately thought it was a lion stalking me and ran away.

I'd like to propose this for "Best Anecdote of the Month, May 2006". Absolutely brilliant!

The Guv
I have no idea what to put here........ HELP ME
Mon 29th May '06 10:07PM
320 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

I'd like to propose this for "Best Anecdote of the Month, May 2006". Absolutely brilliant!

I will second that request.

Spanners*
Tue 30th May '06 4:12PM
4597 Posts
Heh cheers guys.
Ooh and I've not even told you about the Rhino attack yet. Check - http://safari.thedaddy.org/stories.html

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 31st May '06 12:38PM
2708 Posts
That's a cool website you've got there! What's the story of Shevy's poem? Did she write it while she was out there or what? It was cool, whatever the reason...

Also - good to know you survived the rhino. Scary.

Spanners*
Wed 31st May '06 12:42PM
4597 Posts
Cheers bud, I promised everyone I'd make a place to share our pics and memories and stuff.

What's the story of Shevy's poem?

We did a lecture on astronomy and were learning about an astrological feature near the Southern Cross called the Box of Jewels and it inspired her. Shevy was by far the most artsy one of the group, I was quite impressed really

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Wed 31st May '06 12:56PM
212 Posts

The Guv was bold enough to comment:

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

I will second that request.

& I will third that request! (combination of tabby cat, unicycle and dazed man running away in fear for his life: quite marvellous!)

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 31st May '06 4:32PM
2708 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:
Aren't all thoughts sudden

It depends how you look at it. In one sense, yes you are correct. However in another sense you're subconcious will mull away on things and twist and turn them around, then when it's reached a conclusion it will present them to you, and you'll assume you've just thought of it. In reality though you've just stopped thinking about it.

Rather more interestingly, despite this thread being based on randomness, i has managed to form itself into an almost normal thread with a couple of conversations happening at once. I wonder if that means that all thread's converge. That would mean that there is the thread of convergence. An ideal thread that we are all trying to create.

Curious.

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Thu 1st Jun '06 10:14AM
579 Posts
Much as i've enjoyed the conversations, I'm a bit saddened that the thread has resolved itself in that way. I liked the random nature of reading people's sudden thoughts.

I'm going to go and attach my Barbie bell to my bike to cheer myself up. Sadly it only goes ding, I was hoping for something, well, pinker.

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Thu 1st Jun '06 8:30PM
843 Posts
ding

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Thu 1st Jun '06 9:02PM
212 Posts
It's thursday. It's eight fifty five. the window is open. i can hear birds singing. i can see aerials clouds trees sky bluebells a bench a shed. i'm bored. earlier on i was so bored i took a photograph of my right foot with my phone, in a vain attempt to amuse myself.

it's quite difficult to record random thoughts. they keep wanting to go in a sensible direction.

i once read an article about a man who for an entire month wrote down every single thought he had in this notebook he carried around with him everywhere (i think he was german...), and he said that it really helped him & that everyone should do this at least once in their life because it would help them to clarify what they really thought about things.

hmmm, it does sound a bit arduous though.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 2nd Jun '06 8:37AM
2708 Posts

i once read an article about a man who for an entire month wrote down every single thought he had in this notebook he carried around with him everywhere (i think he was german...)

Why do I get the feeling that the majority of the notebook was full of "I should write something in my notebook"!

I went to a beer festival last night and now I have a shiny new beer mat with my name on it. It's amazing how the smallest things can brighten your entire day isn't it?

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Sat 3rd Jun '06 12:07AM
212 Posts

i once read an article about a man who for an entire month wrote down every single thought he had in this notebook he carried around with him everywhere (i think he was german...), and he said that it really helped him & that everyone should do this at least once in their life because it would help them to clarify what they really thought about things.

I tracked down the article about the somewhat crazy notebook man, Lion Kimbro: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3857621.stm

As much as I love notebooks, I doubt I would have the self-discipline to do this (document ALL my thoughts) for longer than a day, and I suspect that by the end of it I wld be pretty sick of my thoughts (what if you discovered your thoughts were actually quite banal? what if you discovered that 25% of the time you were thinking about ... what to have for your lunch?!) What I'd really like is a print-out from my brain every now and again .... but when would I find the time to re-read it (especially now the new series of Lost and Big Brother are on TV!)?

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Sat 3rd Jun '06 12:45AM
579 Posts
I find that my brain defaults to a radio station when I'm not concentrating. I'd end up with a notebook full of 'the wheels on the bus go round and round and shine jesus shine and have mercy have mercy have mercy on me, jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene, I need some fine wine, and you, you need to be nicer' etc.

Diziet
optical moose
Sat 3rd Jun '06 12:55AM
2522 Posts

Gertrude was bold enough to comment:
I find that my brain defaults to a radio station when I'm not concentrating. I'd end up with a notebook full of 'the wheels on the bus go round and round and shine jesus shine and have mercy have mercy have mercy on me, jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene, I need some fine wine, and you, you need to be nicer' etc.

superb and spot on. my brain does the exact same thing.

my notebook for this month would read..

'you ain't so tough come fill my little world right up right up now i see that you are all that i have fill my little world right up right up now i see that you are all that i have pete doherty come fill my little world right up right up pete doherty big brother now i see that you are all that i have big brother i am the resurrection and i am the light big brother ain't so tough excellent foo fighters tune and then the news...'

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Sat 3rd Jun '06 8:55AM
838 Posts

what if you discovered your thoughts were actually quite banal? what if you discovered that 25% of the time you were thinking about ... what to have for your lunch?!

25% of my time is spent thinking about what I'll have for lunch, 25% about what I'll have for breakfast and 48% about what I'll have for dinner. The other 2% is filled with unimportant things like work...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 5th Jun '06 9:01AM
2708 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

25% of my time is spent thinking about what I'll have for lunch, 25% about what I'll have for breakfast and 48% about what I'll have for dinner. The other 2% is filled with unimportant things like work...

Huh, now I could be wrong, but it seems like there's only 2% of your brain that Deanery can fit into. And that's what you consider to be the unimportant stuff. Poor Deanery...

Malcolm*
Mon 5th Jun '06 9:40AM
1673 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:

Huh, now I could be wrong, but it seems like there's only 2% of your brain that Deanery can fit into. And that's what you consider to be the unimportant stuff. Poor Deanery...

Ah, you see, Deanery IS what she'll have for breakfast...

Malcolm*
Mon 5th Jun '06 9:59AM
1673 Posts

Diziet was bold enough to comment:

Gertrude was bold enough to comment:

superb and spot on. my brain does the exact same thing.

my notebook for this month would read..

'you ain't so tough come fill my little world right up right up now i see that you are all that i have fill my little world right up right up now i see that you are all that i have pete doherty come fill my little world right up right up pete doherty big brother now i see that you are all that i have big brother i am the resurrection and i am the light big brother ain't so tough excellent foo fighters tune and then the news...'

Thanks to you two, my thoughts for the last twenty minutes have been roughly
"patience of love you ain't so tough jolene jolene jolene joleee-heeene come fill my little world right up right up right up please don't take him even though you can on a plane and show me spain or somewhere jolene jolene jolene joleee-heeene I'm begging with you but in reality come fill my little jolene jolene....."

Thanks a BUNCH for that.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 2 of 3 - <<First  1, 2, 3  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSwoop is The Daddy