By bye hackers
Activities - 1 to 5
Return To Mini-Reviews Of Everything!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 3rd Jul '06 11:29AM
2708 Posts
Mountain Boarding 10/10
Imagine snowboarding on grass. Or possibly skateboarding with really big wheels.

In other words, hurtling down a hill at high speeds with lots of padding on. It's lots of fun, and I mean lots. It was helped by going on a very sunny day, but it was just plain old fun. In fact, it was plain old FUN.

Highly recommended.
Second opinion by Spanners on 29th Oct '06 11/10
I tried this over the weekend at the Isle of Wight extreme sports festival and it is fantastic, I am so hooked!
Next stop Ebay!
   Average Rating 10.5

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sun 29th Oct '06 10:43PM
4597 Posts
Unicycling 8/10
Takes a while to learn but comes with such a sense of achievement when you get to a reasonable level. Good exercise, decent form of transport, impressive to others, lots of lovely tricks to play with, easy to take down the park on a summers day and so much fun.
Admittedly it's not for everyone but if you stick with it you will reap the rewards

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 30th Oct '06 8:08AM
4678 Posts
Fuzzy Felt 8/10
Often overlooked in these days of hi-adrenaline extreme sports, fuzzy felt provides a soothing and tactile break from the rough-and-tumble of modern life. Velcro + felt cut into farmyard shapes allow you to recreate scenes of pastoral idyll, or possibly a nativity (if you use an upside-down hen for the Baby Jesus). Rumours of a forthcoming 'Eraserhead' themed set have, unfortunately, proved to be apocryphal.
Second opinion by Clara on 30th Oct '06 10/10
My favourite toy of childood. Especially as saying 'fuzzy felt' in a half Middlesbrough-half Yorkshire accent (like I do) always sounds marvellous.
Second opinion by General on 1st Mar '07 8/10
The joy of sticky
  Average Rating 8.67

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 17th Nov '06 4:15PM
4597 Posts
A sit down and a nice cup of tea 7/10
When you've had a long day or are feeling a bit tired, this is hard to beat for relaxation and recovery.
7 out of 10 because the addition of cake or biscuits featuring chocolate takes it up to 9 and a good book hits the maximum 10/10
Second opinion by General on 17th Nov '06 9/10
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

So good it has an excellent website devoted to it.
Second opinion by Emo Squid on 17th Jul '07 9.9/10
The tried and true solution to 99% of life's problems.
    Average Rating 8.63

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 19th Feb '07 7:39PM
2708 Posts
The Rubik's Cube 9/10
A humble little toy you might think, and yet it is a simply wonderful thing! Twist the parts of the cube to try and make each side consist of only one colour. The world record is something ridiculous like 4 seconds. Most people are happy with under five, and some are overjoyed if they manage to complete the stupid thing!

Although it only seems like five minutes of fun, and it is once you know how, it can still consume an entire evening.

Plus there are now Baby Cubes (2x2x2), Rubik's Revenge (4x4x4) and Professor Cubes (5x5x5) for those who find the Rubik's Cube (3x3x3) too easy...!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Mini-Reviews Of Everything!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMalcolm is The Daddy