Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Phorum Meet 2006 - 91 to 120
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 4 of 5 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Tue 17th Oct '06 5:06PM
4597 Posts
This is all sounding marvellous! Big thanks to Malc for taking on much of the arrangement effort!
Obviously we would love to have as many people in attendance as possible - come on everyone, you know you want to

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Tue 17th Oct '06 6:16PM
579 Posts
Aargh! I've just realised I told a priest that I'd sing for him on the Sunday morning. I shall have to retract this. Unless people want to go and see a band on the Sunday morning? It's called the Heslington Church Worship Band. Well, who else would be playing on a Sunday morning? No takers? Fair enough!

Diziet
optical moose
Tue 17th Oct '06 6:48PM
2522 Posts

Gertrude was bold enough to comment:
Unless people want to go and see a band on the Sunday morning? It's called the Heslington Church Worship Band.

count me in!

i'm always open to new forms of music.

actually, will the band mind me still being drunk from the night before?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 17th Oct '06 6:59PM
4678 Posts

Gertrude was bold enough to comment:
Aargh! I've just realised I told a priest that I'd sing for him on the Sunday morning. I shall have to retract this. Unless people want to go and see a band on the Sunday morning? It's called the Heslington Church Worship Band. Well, who else would be playing on a Sunday morning? No takers? Fair enough!

I'm always up for a bit of Gospel

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Tue 17th Oct '06 7:43PM
579 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

I'm always up for a bit of Gospel

I didn't say anything about Gospel! Obviously there will be the gospel, it being a church and all that, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about the music. Those who heard me sing at the Kelly and Malcolm's fund raiser will be running for the hills!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Wed 18th Oct '06 12:35AM
1558 Posts
That's the most comprehensive and yet enthralling itinerary I've seen for a long while, all of it sounds excellent. Good work SAUY-BFMWPakaAFOUWWITPTOD!

Also a bonus point for the use of the word suggestionucopia.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 18th Oct '06 9:32AM
2708 Posts
I did in fact manage to get free for the weekend, only to be crippled by the big bad having no money beast - and it's reached the stage where I'm actually going to have to deal with it now. Since I'm already going to be in York for a day or two anyway that month I think I'm going to have to pass this year

Spanners*
Mon 23rd Oct '06 7:31AM
4597 Posts
Got another attendee - me ladyfriend wants to meet you all and find out what this 'ere internetty chattery is all about.

Feign
It's your time you're wasting!
Mon 23rd Oct '06 2:00PM
288 Posts
Me as well please! I could even arrange to meet up with Swoop and Demian for the train journey so we can all be nicely sloshed before late afternoon and then truly represent Manchester.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 23rd Oct '06 2:12PM
2708 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:
Got another attendee - me ladyfriend wants to meet you all and find out what this 'ere internetty chattery is all about.

She does have an account, right? I mean the lady spannerificus should at least know what the forum looks like before she goes to a meet. Anything else would be rude...

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Mon 23rd Oct '06 2:25PM
1673 Posts
Ooh, so that's two new attendees! Feign and [insert not-yet-chosen-Forum-name-for-Spanners's-lady-friend here] . Excellent, excellent. And I presume Oooood is definitely coming, having checked the calendar suitably?

Right, it seems only fair to point out at this stage that I can now confirm that there definitely won't be enough bedspace in York-based forummers' houses to accommodate everyone. However, there certainly will be enough for a few of you, and we'll help with finding cheap accommodation for the others (shouldn't be too many). I wonder if it'd be worth operating some kind of subsidy system, where some people at least buy the others a few drinks to offset the massively differing accommodation costs involved? Any thoughts on that?

Anyway, by Wednesday we should be well and truly ready to progress to the next stage of the preparations, tentatively entitled "Operation Eternal Liberty". (I believe that's the sort of title you're supposed to give anything that begins with Operation, isn't it?)

Current attendees:
Allen Key
Clara
Deanery
Demian
Diziet
Feign
Gertrude (partially)
Gingerfury
Kelly
Malcolm
Mildred
Ooood (probably)
Swoop

Not a bad turnout - not bad at all!

Spanners*
Mon 23rd Oct '06 2:46PM
4597 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
She does have an account, right? I mean the lady spannerificus should at least know what the forum looks like before she goes to a meet. Anything else would be rude...

She's seen this place many a time and even raised a chuckle here and there. However she is one of them who thinks that you should get to know people in person before commencing deep and meaningfuls of a public website

Mildred
Daddy-licious
Mon 23rd Oct '06 4:03PM
212 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
I wonder if it'd be worth operating some kind of subsidy system, where some people at least buy the others a few drinks to offset the massively differing accommodation costs involved? Any thoughts on that?

I agree Malcolm - perhaps as a way of doing this fairly & straightforwardly we could have a kitty towards food/drink expenses to which all would contribute except those paying for their accommodation (i.e. everyone who lives in York or is staying with someone who lives in York wld put in say a fiver).

Spanners*
Mon 23rd Oct '06 4:21PM
4597 Posts
Yup I'm very much in favour of that idea too

Feign
It's your time you're wasting!
Mon 23rd Oct '06 5:34PM
288 Posts
Bagsy this room

http://www.fourhighpetergate.co.uk/home.asp

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 23rd Oct '06 7:55PM
4678 Posts

Feign was bold enough to comment:
Me as well please! I could even arrange to meet up with Swoop and Demian for the train journey so we can all be nicely sloshed before late afternoon and then truly represent Manchester.

Wahey, the Manc contingent grows by 25%!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 23rd Oct '06 10:22PM
1558 Posts

She's seen this place many a time and even raised a chuckle here and there. However she is one of them who thinks that you should get to know people in person before commencing deep and meaningfuls of a public website

Deep and meaningful? We don't want deep and meaningful, we want wontons and dim sum! Deep fried food over intellectual content anyday! C'mon Henrietta*, we want to say hello!

*I'm guessing here, as I often do, but shall continue to use the name until I hear otherwise

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Tue 24th Oct '06 8:37AM
838 Posts
I too would be willing to donate a fiver as part of a kitty. It's a caring sharing kinda forum after all.

And very keen to meet Henrietta. Nice name, Swoop.

Diziet
optical moose
Tue 24th Oct '06 3:18PM
2522 Posts

Feign was bold enough to comment:
Bagsy this room

http://www.fourhighpetergate.co.uk/home.asp

this is the hotel i booked for me and the ginger fury...

i've not told her yet - its a surprise!

Oooood
Aubergine Mincemeat
Wed 25th Oct '06 11:16AM
242 Posts
Yes the date has been checked and all is well, i shall be in attendance

Diziet
optical moose
Wed 25th Oct '06 7:17PM
2522 Posts

Current attendees:
Allen Key
Clara
Deanery
Demian
Diziet
Feign
Gertrude (partially)
Gingerfury
Kelly
Malcolm
Mildred
Ooood (probably)
Swoop

Not a bad turnout - not bad at all!

i think you need to include senor arabstrap in that line-up.

'strap, you are coming, si?

Malcolm*
Mon 30th Oct '06 1:31PM
1673 Posts
No word from the Strapster then. Oh well - we learned during the Game of Life about his mysterious disappearing tendencies.

Latest news is that we now have a restaurant table booked for 9:30pm on the Saturday, for 14ish people. But that's not to say it can't be increased! (and the Ghost Trail is confirmed, but maybe I already told you that?)

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 30th Oct '06 4:42PM
4678 Posts

Latest news is that we now have a restaurant table booked for 9:30pm on the Saturday, for 14ish people. But that's not to say it can't be increased! (and the Ghost Trail is confirmed, but maybe I already told you that?)

Awesome! What cuisine are we going for?

Can't wait to finally see you in action on a Ghost Tour. Also, with so many forumgoers in attendance, I'm sure we can guilt the other members of the tour party into leaving you big tips, if we all go first and conspicuously drop in a tenner each (which you later give us back, of course )

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 30th Oct '06 10:13PM
2522 Posts

you're a legend!

spoke to 'strap yesterday. he's still unconfirmed but i've yet to work my magic on him.

Spanners*
Mon 30th Oct '06 10:25PM
4597 Posts
This is all sounding mega.
Got a guest house booked for me and Henrietta, should be joined by the Oooood for a quality Brum-York road trip and Malcolm and his York crew have done us proud with their fantastic arrangements.
Very very much looking forward to this

Malcolm*
Tue 31st Oct '06 9:14AM
1673 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Awesome! What cuisine are we going for?

Caesar's, of course! (the Italian restaurant I mentioned earlier in the thread). One of the nicest places to eat, and also one of the cheapest, and also they'll treat us like celebrities. Marvellous.

Can't wait to finally see you in action on a Ghost Tour. Also, with so many forumgoers in attendance, I'm sure we can guilt the other members of the tour party into leaving you big tips, if we all go first and conspicuously drop in a tenner each (which you later give us back, of course )

Well, if that's what you want to do, I suppose I can't stop you...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 2nd Nov '06 8:09AM
4678 Posts

Malcolm and his York crew have done us proud with their fantastic arrangements.
Very very much looking forward to this

Indeed - big thanks are due to Malcolm and Kelly for getting this all arranged so smoothly.

Cheers Guys!

Diziet
optical moose
Mon 6th Nov '06 9:09AM
2522 Posts
looks like GF and me won't be able to make it after all due to child care commitments.

sorry guys

Malcolm*
Mon 6th Nov '06 1:21PM
1673 Posts
Oh no! Sorry to hear that, you two - looks like you will have to remain mysterious strangers forevermore. Hope we'll manage to meet at some stage though!

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Mon 6th Nov '06 3:28PM
838 Posts

Diziet was bold enough to comment:
looks like GF and me won't be able to make it after all due to child care commitments.

sorry guys

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 4 of 5 - <<First  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy