Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Odyssey the Second - 31 to 55
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 2 of 2 - <<First  1, 2 You cannot post to the Archive!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Wed 16th Aug '06 4:02PM
1673 Posts
Well, thank you both! One tries ones best.

I have now seen the offending article (although not in print) and I have to say it's not bad. Shame they didn't mention the competition or the website though. But I'm going to be continuously nervous when I get back to York and go out in public...

Since I looked at http://39millionsteps.blogspot.com my life has been longer, happier AND safer from terrorist attack!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 16th Aug '06 4:56PM
2708 Posts
Oh please, as I recall at the end of the creature comforts episode you were in it was announced on National TV that you fart during the night! So it can't be any worse than that!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 16th Aug '06 11:43PM
4213 Posts
Just realised I hadn't posted to say: What an excellent endevour!

Malcolm*
Thu 17th Aug '06 9:57AM
1673 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
Oh please, as I recall at the end of the creature comforts episode you were in it was announced on National TV that you fart during the night! So it can't be any worse than that!

I'll thank you NOT to bring that up again, Mr. Amanshu! It was taken out of context (the context being that we were discussing lies that Kelly tells), mistakes were made, we regret any embarrassment that was caused, our thoughts go out to the families, etc etc. Now let's leave it at that!

(please?)

Malcolm*
Thu 17th Aug '06 9:58AM
1673 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:
Just realised I hadn't posted to say: What an excellent endevour!

Well, thank you sir!

Since I looked at http://39millionsteps.blogspot.com my life has been longer, happier AND safer from terrorist attack!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 17th Aug '06 11:39AM
2708 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
Now let's leave it at that!

(please?)

Oay, okay, Mr Malcolm I promise never to bring that up again either in or out of your presence.

(unless of course it's really funny that is, special rules apply then, obviously...)

Malcolm*
Mon 28th Aug '06 5:05PM
1673 Posts
Quick update: today we were on BBC Radio Scotland and tomorrow it's the Edinburgh Evening News!

(just thought I'd let you know)

Since I looked at http://www.39millionsteps.co.uk my life has been longer, happier AND safer from terrorist attack!

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Wed 30th Aug '06 3:39PM
838 Posts
I can't tell you how much it has brightened up my day to see Kelly and Malcolm's odyssey part two in the 'Quirkies' section on Ananova. The story is two above 'Nine hurt in fight over pigeon'. Quirkies is now my word of the day - brilliant!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 30th Aug '06 4:36PM
2708 Posts
I was just idly wondering if someone somewhere hadn't put the wording of the by-law on the net and I discovered that it's also legal to shoot a welshman with a bow and arrow in Chester. Interesting.

Malcolm*
Wed 30th Aug '06 4:40PM
1673 Posts
And, according to a very drunk and very hairy man we met at the event in the Knavesmire pub the other night, to shoot a Russian in Hull. To be honest I think he was talking rubbish, but there you go.

Since I looked at http://www.39millionsteps.co.uk my life has been longer, happier AND safer from terrorist attack!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 30th Aug '06 5:23PM
4678 Posts
Ooh! Anyone got a link to the ananova article?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 30th Aug '06 6:52PM
2708 Posts
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1974495.html

How's that?

Clara
Thu 31st Aug '06 8:35AM
838 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
And, according to a very drunk and very hairy man we met at the event in the Knavesmire pub the other night, to shoot a Russian in Hull. To be honest I think he was talking rubbish, but there you go.

Well, we all know the things that were going on in the Knavesmire that night, don't we? It wouldn't have been the strangest thing to have been said...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 31st Aug '06 9:33AM
2708 Posts
This morning I received an email from a friend telling me about your walk. He seemed to think it was a fun enough idea that he should tell people about it...

The best bit is he didn't know I knew you guys.

What have you unleashed?

Malcolm*
Thu 31st Aug '06 10:02AM
1673 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
This morning I received an email from a friend telling me about your walk. He seemed to think it was a fun enough idea that he should tell people about it...

The best bit is he didn't know I knew you guys.

What have you unleashed?

Hooray - that's absolutely brilliant! Perhaps we have indeed created a new urban legend!

Thank you for letting us know - it's greatly entertained my otherwise uneventful Thursday.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 31st Aug '06 5:09PM
4678 Posts
This is turning into a phenomenon!

What are the chances of you getting a police spokesperson to give the 'official' word on the legality of shooting Scots in York?

Malcolm*
Fri 1st Sep '06 9:56AM
1673 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:
This is turning into a phenomenon!

What are the chances of you getting a police spokesperson to give the 'official' word on the legality of shooting Scots in York?

Trouble is, though, if the official word was "it's utter rubbish - an urban legend without any basis" (which, sadly, I fear it might be) then it might rather put a dampener on things!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 1st Sep '06 10:38AM
2708 Posts
I think you'd be okay. After all your petition doesn't state that it is true, just that you've heard it to be true...

And anyway, wouldn't it be nice to know for sure?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 1st Sep '06 5:11PM
4678 Posts
I wonder if there'd be a public outcry if it was revealed that you are in fact a Scot yourself?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Mon 4th Sep '06 11:42AM
2708 Posts
Shhh.... I managed to live for four years in York dodging the crazed gangs of archers that sometimes roam the streets. Don't tip them off now or they might decide to try and finish the job!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 7th Sep '06 8:19PM
4678 Posts
It's the big day tomorrow - blister cream at the ready!

Best of luck guys, don't forget to update us when you can!

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 7th Sep '06 8:31PM
2522 Posts
happy travelling guys and good luck with delivering peace to our Scottish neighbours

Clara
Fri 8th Sep '06 8:35AM
838 Posts
Good luck and bon voyage!

Just stay away from those malcontent beasts and all will be well.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 8th Sep '06 9:56AM
4597 Posts
Couldn't have asked for a better day for it! Good luck on the big adventure

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Sat 9th Sep '06 4:26PM
4213 Posts
Good luck chaps!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 2 of 2 - <<First  1, 2 You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy