Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Let's have an Internet Party - 1 to 30
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 1 of 3 - 1, 2, 3  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Fri 17th Nov '06 10:55AM
758 Posts
WINNER OF THE AWARD FOR MOST POPULAR THREAD
AT THEDADDY.ORG FORUM MEET 2006

As of five minutes ago, I have internet at work following our office move on the 24th of last month, travel through the delights of three different alleged broadband provisions from two different compaies, my seroiusly offending several staff from both companies, and my delight (second only to my delight when the internet actually started up this morning) at not only thinking of but also saying "the internal structure of your company is not my problem" to A Call Centre Idiot who kept telling me that it wasn't his fault, the person dealing with my account who I really needed to talk to worked for a team that did not deal directly with customers so I couldn't talk to him.

I would therefore like to invite you all to party with me now. Notional gin, beer, and miniature vegetarian sausage rolls will be provided, and do feel free to bring your own contributions also.

Woo hoo.

Agentgonzo
There's no pee in catheter!
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:05AM
811 Posts

Kelly was bold enough to comment:
As of five minutes ago, I have internet at work following our office move on the 24th of last month, travel through the delights of three different alleged broadband provisions from two different compaies, my seroiusly offending several staff from both companies, and my delight (second only to my delight when the internet actually started up this morning) at not only thinking of but also saying "the internal structure of your company is not my problem" to A Call Centre Idiot who kept telling me that it wasn't his fault, the person dealing with my account who I really needed to talk to worked for a team that did not deal directly with customers so I couldn't talk to him.

I would therefore like to invite you all to party with me now. Notional gin, beer, and miniature vegetarian sausage rolls will be provided, and do feel free to bring your own contributions also.

Woo hoo.

Given the way that I feel this morning, I think that I'll stick to the sausage rolls. I may have a shandy at lunch if I feel better.

Cheers!

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:06AM
2522 Posts
i've got some pizza left over from last night if anyone's interested.

oh, and about a gallon of Gaterade.

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:11AM
215 Posts
I am currently dancing on the table to a White Stripes cover version of 'Atmosphere' by Russ Abbott, everyone else is pretending they can't see me. I brought my guitar to the party, with the intention of playing a song with Diziet, but he is running late because Humphrey ate the rear derailleur on Eddie's bike. I don't really know the rest of you very well, so my nerves got the better of me and I went straight for the closest booze - unfortunately for all present that booze was gin, hence the dancing.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:16AM
1673 Posts
Well, personally I'm having a great time. I've brought one of those things - what do you call them? - where you blow into the short plastic tube, it make a hooting noise, and a spiral of papery stuff uncurls, then curls back in again when you stop blowing it. You know, one of them things.

And it's all the entertainment I need! Hooray!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:25AM
2708 Posts
I meanwhile have stolen Arabstraps guitar whilst he's busy dancing on the table and am sat in a corner with it desperately trying to remember the one song I know. I'm trying to look vaguely intellectual, a stance which is hard to achieve since I wrongly thought we were supposed to come dressed as a Call Centre Idiot.

Fortunately this doesn't look too much different to my normal outfit, but I'm having trouble thinking of a good excuse for why I have a silver wig on. I'm also supping a beer and wondering if it's too early to start on the double chocolate muffins I bought with me.

Kelly*
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:30AM
758 Posts
I'm looking around to see if anyone else has noticed how many suasage rolls I've eaten, assuring myself they haven't, and taking another while no-one is looking. I'm trying to get Oooood to experiment with a mixture of gin and beer, but so far to little effect.

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:34AM
215 Posts
I'm sleeping now.... HANG ON!!! NO I'M NOT, THE BIRDIE SONG HAS JUST COME ON!!!!!

I'm dancing again. *sigh*

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:35AM
2522 Posts
fuggin' swassage blechs hic stoppit furshten gin bladdy fab bwooorrrttttt......

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:39AM
215 Posts
Diziet's arrival makes me feel relatively sober by comparison. We attempt an acoustic death-skiffle version of 'My Heart Will Go On'.

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:42AM
2522 Posts

Arabstrap was bold enough to comment:
Diziet's arrival makes me feel relatively sober by comparison. We attempt an acoustic death-skiffle version of 'My Heart Will Go On'.

five semi-tone bend on the mid 8. got my foot on a stool and the office fan blowing my ginger fuzz around my head.

soft rock mash up!

anyone want this scotch egg? hic!

Kelly*
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:44AM
758 Posts
I'll eat the egg if you do a meatloaf song.

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:46AM
2522 Posts

I'll eat the egg if you do a meatloaf song.

'strap, i reckon we should play 'bat out of hell' in B flat minor dim. i found a mop head you can wear. and i got some spicy cous cous to rub into my fretboard. rawwwk!

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:46AM
215 Posts
I promptly take the scotch egg from Diz's hand, reach into my pocket for some coleslaw and set about making a Buffet Bar whil Diz enters the 9th minuite of his solo.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:47AM
4213 Posts
I've cunningly brought a bottle of some awefull sickly mango flavoured liquir puchased on holiday some years back, but never drunk, but I'm actually drinking someone elses lager!

There's always one isn't there.....

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:48AM
215 Posts
We set about playing an acoustic, bhangra hip-house version of 'Life is a lemon and i want my money back'

Kelly*
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:49AM
758 Posts

I promptly take the scotch egg from Diz's hand, reach into my pocket for some coleslaw and set about making a Buffet Bar whil Diz enters the 9th minuite of his solo.

Egg thief. Coming to my party and nicking my egg. I was promised that egg you know. Mmmm. Meatloaf.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:50AM
838 Posts
Am I too late to join the party?

I brought some vegetable samosas and cheesy puffs.

Gutted I missed the birdie song though.

Kelly*
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:50AM
758 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:
Am I too late to join the party?

I brought some vegetable samosas and cheesy puffs.

Gutted I missed the birdie song though.

Just give Diziet a samosa and he'll play it again.

Allen Key
Stagnating, like a packet of crisps on the roof.
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:51AM
510 Posts
I've arrived fashionably late, only to find all the vegetarian sausage rolls gone and Kelly with incriminating crumbs round her mouth. So I'm going to drink all her gin in revenge, as she seems to be instigating a game of Twister with Arabstrap...

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:51AM
215 Posts

Egg thief. Coming to my party and nicking my egg. I was promised that egg you know. Mmmm. Meatloaf.

But, but.... i made you a buffet bar!

Agentgonzo
There's no pee in catheter!
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:53AM
811 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
Well, personally I'm having a great time. I've brought one of those things - what do you call them? - where you blow into the short plastic tube, ...

I got that far before thinking "A breathaliser? Are the fuzz here???" May have something to do with the fact that I was followed off the motorway this morning by a cop on a motorbike. Just as I pulled off the motorway she waved at me (how strange). Just as I was thinking "Am I being pulled over?", she scooted between my car and the one in the other lane and rode off at the roundabout. Most strange.

Anyway, I've now perked up thanks to a few slices of Diziet's cold pizza, and am trying to make a cocktail with gin and gatorade. I'll join in the dancing in a bit

Kelly*
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:55AM
758 Posts
You know, I'm not only saying this cause of the gin, but I really love you all. No, I really do. And I know you think I'm just drunk but I really do. It's making me feel quite tearful.

Clara
Fri 17th Nov '06 11:59AM
838 Posts

Anyway, I've now perked up thanks to a few slices of Diziet's cold pizza, and am trying to make a cocktail with gin and gatorade. I'll join in the dancing in a bit

Gin and gatorade! A truly heroic advance in cocktail science!
I'm having some now and I've got to day it's bloomin marvellous. Clear that dance floor, I'm on my way!

And I truly love you too Kelly. And I'll still love you tomorrow, when the gin depression kicks in. Fancy joining me in a twirl around the dance floor? Can we get Queen's Don't Stop Me Now on?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 17th Nov '06 12:00PM
2708 Posts
I'm back! After Arabstrap recovered his guitar I disappeared off leaving the silver wig behind. After hunting around the local shops I finally found an open off licence that sold a 15 year old whisky which I have now returned with and proceeded to start drinking. I also bought a selection of crisps and dips in case anyone was hungry.

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 12:01PM
215 Posts
Due to an alcohol induced, shortened attention span, I end up running around wearing the Twister mat as a cape. Give it five mins, i'll be asleep again...

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 17th Nov '06 12:06PM
4213 Posts
MY GOD

NOBODY GO IN THE COAT ROOM!

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 12:06PM
215 Posts

Clara was drunk enough to slur:

Can we get Queen's Don't Stop Me Now on?

Diz and I promptly engage in an acoustic, gltchy-minimalist electroclash popcore emo version of 'Don't Stop Me Now', which to everyone's delight, summons up the spirit of Freddy Mercury!!!

Freddy immediately takes Clara by the hand and heads for the dancefloor....

Arabstrap
Daddy-licious
Fri 17th Nov '06 12:08PM
215 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:
MY GOD

NOBODY GO IN THE COAT ROOM!

Is Rick Moranis in there? Is there a hell-hound with him?

Clara
Fri 17th Nov '06 12:09PM
838 Posts

Freddy immediately takes Clara by the hand and heads for the dancefloor....

Agggghhhhhhh..... Gin hallucinations... Think I'm about to pass out...

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 1 of 3 - 1, 2, 3  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedGeneral is The Daddy