Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
PM problems - 1 to 7
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Thu 23rd Nov '06 12:43PM
758 Posts
I might be (and usually am) just doing something daft, but all the buttons apart from delete, previous and next have disappeared from my private messages - things like reply and so on. Any ideas?

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 23rd Nov '06 6:43PM
2522 Posts
it seems to work for me.

it might be that your internet connection was being unusually slow and not loading the message buttons.

i'd suggest trying it again.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 24th Nov '06 7:36AM
4597 Posts
The problem is probably that you've maxed out your inbox. If you have more than 80 messages in there then you won't be allowed to send any more (hence why new. reply and forward have vanished) until you have removed a few. There should be a message saying something to this effect towards the top of the page. Seemed like the best way of managing unwieldy inboxes.
The limit can be raised by any administrator, people think we should up it to 100?

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 24th Nov '06 8:52AM
1673 Posts
No, I don't think there's any need to raise it. I know my inbox is always verging on utterly full, as I never seem to get roung to working out which messages have useful info in them and which don't. But I'd still be the same no matter how high the limit was - at least if we keep the limit lower, the job of clearing them out is less onerous!

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Sat 25th Nov '06 7:30PM
758 Posts
No, definitely no need to raise it. And I was being a bit dim and didn't notice the big writing that said 'your inbox is full. Please delete messages before sending/replying to any more' or some such thing. Definitely a fault with Kelly rather than with the forum.

Diziet
optical moose
Wed 2nd May '07 8:23PM
2522 Posts
how come i can't see messages i've sent in my outbox?

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Wed 2nd May '07 10:52PM
4597 Posts
Messages are only saved to your outbox if you tick the 'Save to Outbox' box

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy