A Pre-Crimbo Gift for You All - 1 to 4
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 30th Nov '06 6:54AM
4597 Posts
Hello

1st of December tomorrow.
To that end I was wondering what I could give you all, my fine forummy friends, to celebrate this good season of winter fayre which fortune has once again thrust upon us in a quite-literally annual sorta way.
Winterval, Crimbo, Hannukah, belated Thanksgiving... whatever you wanna call the occasion it's all good here. It's an excuse to celebrate so I've made you all a present.

May I introduce the new "DaddyWeb"

Basically I've tagged on to all user accounts the ability to create a forum based web page of your very own. Hit the 'DaddyWeb' button on your profile to create/edit it and view anyone elses via the buttons below their posts or on their profile pages. The view buttons will only appear if the user has created a page - check below my posts for an example.

These pages can be made using any and all HTML tags you wish but they will also work with all the classic Forum custom tags and auto-formatting features you've gotten used to over your time here. Hence you don't need to be a code junkie to enjoy your very own home page on the DaddyWeb.

Ho ho ho

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 1st Dec '06 4:56PM
4678 Posts
This is absolutely perfect timing for me, as I'm just about to start studying HTML in earnest and will definitely need a place to practice.

Thanks, Spanners! What an awesome and unexpected gift

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Wed 6th Dec '06 3:03AM
4597 Posts
Slight adjustment.
Normal line breaks (as in just hitting return) will no longer put a line break in your web page. Unforunately this was royally screwing things up when people tried to make tables as far too many surplus line breaks were being put in.
So instead I've put a button at the bottom to insert a line break tag at the current cursor position, just like with the smilies. Also i put in another one to insert a horizontal line, like the ones you see between posts. Just 'cos.
Easy

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 6th Dec '06 12:43PM
2708 Posts
Ah, I was wondering what that was all about
Cheers Spanners!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedGeneral is The Daddy