Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
A TDDO EXCLUSIVE! Slugs Ate My Parents - NEW mp3 now available! - 1 to 16
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 16th Jan '07 4:58PM
4678 Posts
A colleague recently introduced me to this local artist whose music is so bizarre and wonderful that I thought it was a crying shame that more people haven't heard his stuff. So, I wrote to the guy and asked permission to post up a couple of his tracks, and he graciously agreed.

Set in a post-apocalyptic future where humanity is making it's last stand against the giant irradiated slugs, this is the sort of music that gets stuck in your head and causes looks of consternation and panic when people at work hear you singing it at your desk.

So without further ado, here are a couple of my favourites. If there's interest, and Spanners gives the go-ahead for the extra bandwidth useage, I might post up another one or two in a few days.

IT IS WISE TO FEAR THE MEGASPIDER

DEATH CAKE

If you like this stuff, be sure to check out his myspace, where you can get 4 more tracks:

http://www.myspace.com/slugsatemyparents

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Wed 17th Jan '07 9:40AM
4597 Posts
That is pure solid rock with a great eighties synth feel. I likes it much!

"It was made in a lab somewhere in Salford and now it wants to eat your brain"
"Two teaspoons of death, the rind of a death and a little death"

Everyone needs to listen to these

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 17th Jan '07 4:29PM
4678 Posts
Oops, forgot to add - right-click and 'save-as' to save to your PC and cut down on TDDO bandwidth. Cheers!

Diziet
optical moose
Wed 17th Jan '07 5:13PM
2522 Posts
absolutely superb!

its a crime that oasis are going to receive an award for their contribution to british music and yet slugs ate my parents have received nothing.....so far!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Sun 21st Jan '07 12:20PM
1558 Posts
Slugs Ate My Parents is utterly brilliant. At first I thought it would just be a gimmick, although a funny one, but after hearing a few more tracks, I'm completely converted. This is top notch work, funky music and a truly bizarre world view.
I've been caught several times singing phrases to myself during a slow evening at work though, which results in rather odd looks.

It was made in a lab somewhere in Salford.
And now it wants to eat your brains.

Next gig 28th of Feb, sounds like a good night if there's any other Manchester forum people interested?

Slugs ate my parents
No really, they did!
Thu 1st Mar '07 11:14AM
3 Posts
Hi!

Thanks to those of you who came down to the gig at The Rampant Lion last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My voice is knackered though now, I was going to do some demos today, but I think I'll have a strepsil instead! My next gigs are:

The Green Room, Whitworth street, Manchester on Saturday 21st April (Free entry)

The Orange Grove, Wilmslow Road, Fallowfield, Manchester on Monday 7th May (entry fee tbc)

Try to remember kids, that when the sun sinks into the sea, and the radio stations all begin to broadcast white noise, arm yourself with salt, barricade yourself in your homes, and wait for the squeltching sound that will signal the coming of the slugs. You have been warned.

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 1st Mar '07 1:33PM
2522 Posts

Slugs ate my parents was bold enough to comment:

when the sun sinks into the sea, and the radio stations all begin to broadcast white noise, arm yourself with salt, barricade yourself in your homes, and wait for the squeltching sound that will signal the coming of the slugs. You have been warned.

are you able to give us a rough ETA on the apocalypse?

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 1st Mar '07 3:34PM
4597 Posts
And can you share with us the creative processes that lie behind such works as 'Death cake'?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 1st Mar '07 4:27PM
4678 Posts
Whee! What a gig! And welcome to the forums Mr. Danneth!

I was amazed at the amount of energy you put into your performances... no wonder you've sprained the voicebox. Seemed to go down really well with the crowd, too.

Will be along again for the next two gigs, any other Manchester forummers up for it? Come on Diziet, you'll have a blast

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 1st Mar '07 5:37PM
2522 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Come on Diziet, you'll have a blast

i'll definitely try to come next time. sounds like the gig was great fun.

does SAMP perform any songs about the imminent zombie invasion of levenshulme?

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Thu 1st Mar '07 6:30PM
1558 Posts
That was a splendid gig, far better live than via my speakers. You really give it some welly.
I'll certainly be there for the next one, hoping to hear the Whisky Slugs song this time!

Slugs ate my parents
No really, they did!
Fri 2nd Mar '07 2:42PM
3 Posts

are you able to give us a rough ETA on the apocalypse?

Approximately next Tuesday afternoon, give or take five minutes.

And can you share with us the creative processes that lie behind such works as 'Death cake'?

That song is literally just my girlfriends Christmas cake recipe, but I've taken out flour, raisins, eggs etc and replaced them all with the word 'death'. It seemed to make sense at the time...

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 2nd Mar '07 2:49PM
2522 Posts

Slugs ate my parents was bold enough to comment:

Approximately next Tuesday afternoon, give or take five minutes.

thanks for this. i'll be sure to wear my best trousers.

That song is literally just my girlfriends Christmas cake recipe, but I've taken out flour, raisins, eggs etc and replaced them all with the word 'death'. It seemed to make sense at the time...

superb!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 2nd Mar '07 4:25PM
4678 Posts

I like the way you've given her writing credits for the track

I've finally figured out all this web 2.0 crap and uploaded another track for y'all, entitled 'Tea With Two Sugars, Please.'

Grab it here:

Feign
It's your time you're wasting!
Fri 2nd Mar '07 5:52PM
288 Posts
I haven't been on to post my appreciation to this, but wow that gig was stupendously good. The tracks are fantastic on their own, but just watching this guy in action adds so much to the music. Can't wait for his next one.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 19th Apr '07 1:45AM
4213 Posts
I've only just got arround to listening to these.

The fine line betwixt genius and mentalism!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSwoop is The Daddy