Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
It's time for Big Brother - TDDO Style! - 1 to 30
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 1 of 2 - 1, 2  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 1st Feb '07 8:17AM
4678 Posts
So here's how it'll go down:

I'm currently reinstalling The Sims 2 on my PC. If you'd like to go into the Big Brother house, post your name here, and your attributes, and if possible, a picture (if I don't already know what you look like). The first five replies will be digitised by me, and placed into a custom-built Sims 2 house and then left alone to get on / create havoc / argue about star signs / whatever else occurs. I'll provide regular updates with pictures, and the last person not insane / dead wins! If by some miracle you guys manage to get along and run a household without incurring death or madness, we'll start the voting out process.

The attributes are:

Neat
Outgoing
Active
Playful
Nice

I can't remember how many points in total you get to spend, so allocate 100 points between those things and I'll do the maths when it comes to creating you in the Sim world.

Post now if you want to play, first come first served!

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 1st Feb '07 8:54AM
2522 Posts
count me in!

i'll have 20 points on each.

theres a photo of me on the forum somewhere....not sure where though!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 1st Feb '07 9:47AM
4213 Posts
I'm in!

I think you know what I look like what with being the current forum banner and all.

My attributes would be scruffy not neat
not all that active
modderately nice
moederately outgoing
quite playfull

but I'll let you assign the points.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 1st Feb '07 10:26AM
2708 Posts
Why not?

I'm pretty sure you know what I look like - although remember I'm beardless these days!

I think I'll take 5 points on Neat, Active, Outgoing and Playful and then the remaining 80 upon Nice...

Yes, I'm going for the boring member that everybody likes and nobody wants to vote out. It's a sure fire winner in my books!

Seriously though, give me 20 on Active, 20 on Outgoing, 50 on Playful, 5 on Neat and the remaining 5 on Nice. I figure that the best way to win is to drive everyone else INSANE!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 1st Feb '07 4:29PM
4678 Posts
Okay, that's 3 guys - can we have 2 girls as well? Got to keep things interesting, otherwise it'll be 5 guys watching TV and belching for a week..

Jog_Eerie
All this thinking has gone to our heads
Thu 1st Feb '07 5:57PM
366 Posts
OK sign me up as one of the ladeez!

Neat: Not very
Outgoing: Moderately
Active: Where does cycling ten miles every week day come in the scale?
Playful: Quite
Nice: Moderately

As for a pic - well there is one of me on the forum, although it's about four years old and my hair is now shoulder length and blonde, rather than dark. Will it do?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 1st Feb '07 6:04PM
4678 Posts
Awesome, thanks Jog! Don't worry about the picture, as I've realised my facial modelling skills are a little on the primitive side anyway, to say the least. To illustrate, and while we wait for our final contestant:

Amanshu, Diziet, General

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 1st Feb '07 6:38PM
2708 Posts
Actually, that's not a bad likeness of me. Although I've got to point out:

No Beard!

But you know, whatever. I'm easy.
And I do like that outfit...

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 1st Feb '07 6:43PM
2522 Posts
hehe i look like val kilmer after one too many pies.

still, its better than looking like timothy spall!

thought it might be useful to tell you some of the things i do in real everyday life:

go to the toilet at least 15 times a day
surf the internet while i'm supposed to be working
smoke. lots.
complain that i'm dying of either a) being tired, b) being bored or c) belly
smooch with my laydeee round the back of the office
play with my cats (can you have pets?)
gently wind up everyone around me
read. lots.
play a mean guitar. not lots, but enough to make jimi rock in his grave
ride my bike (not actually done this yet because i only bought it t'other day - but i intend to)
write angry emails / letters to various companies / publications / businesses
wash clothes constantly
clean the house once a week
chat with the neighbours
try to kidnap the neighbours pets
entertain the GF's children by being generally stupid and uncool

i've played the sims myself and, while some of the above will be impossible to replicate, i'm sure you should be able to slot some of these things in there. might make it a little bit more realistic.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 1st Feb '07 7:39PM
4678 Posts
Well, Amanshu - you're in luck. I had thought I could go back to editing the family to add the final contestant but that turned out not to be an option, I'll have to remake from scratch. I was going for maximum recognizability with the beard, but I can see you'd be happier without one

Diz: I won't actually be forcing the characters to do stuff, this is an experiment to see how well your virtual selves live together on their own. Also, it would be crazy trying to control 5 characters at once.

Anyways, I've spent the last hour or two crafting this house for you all, featuring tons of entertainments, artwork and self-improvement gear, diary room, communal tubs, swimming pool, open plan layout including bedroom - with 2 double beds and one single

Looks like we'll be leaving it there for today, if we get a final contestant soon we'll move them in on Friday night, just like the real thing!

Oh, and you'll also all be assigned 'popularity' or 'romance' aspirations at random, that should up the interaction level!

Ginger fury
i sing chaka khan songs while wearing my white stilettos
Thu 1st Feb '07 8:05PM
278 Posts
Oh can I join then?

Neat - not at all

Outgoing - very much so

Active - pritty much so

Playful - very much so

Nice - depends who your talking to. kind of middleing

I'v never played Sims so I may need some advice

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 1st Feb '07 8:53PM
2708 Posts
There are two loos? What's up with that? Or is one supposed to be a bidet?

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 1st Feb '07 8:53PM
2522 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

Also, it would be crazy trying to control 5 characters at once.

lightweight

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 1st Feb '07 9:08PM
4678 Posts
Wahey, and Ginger Fury scoops up the last slot! BB TDDO will kick off tomorrow night.

Not sure why I added a second loo really, just extending the whole voyeuristic / lack of privacy thing that Big Brother seems to thrive on. You'll also notice there aren't doors into the bedrooms, just arches - and not enough beds for everyone to have one to themselves

And don't worry about advice, GF - Your characters will be controlled entirely by the game running on my PC, you don't have to do a thing

I'll use cheat codes to ensure there's always enough cash on hand for the characters to at least get a snack or order a pizza, other than that they're on their own. If they choose to get a job they're free to do so, but I won't be waking them up when it's time to get ready for work!

Also, given the combined neatness score of your characters, I expect the place to turn into a hell-hole pretty rapidly

Ginger fury
Thu 1st Feb '07 9:10PM
278 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
There are two loos? What's up with that? Or is one supposed to be a bidet?

well if you think this lady is going toilet in front of someone else you have another thing comming!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 1st Feb '07 9:16PM
4678 Posts

Ginger fury was bold enough to comment:

well if you think this lady is going toilet in front of someone else you have another thing comming!

Fear not... in order to protect your modesty - and to keep this thread in General Merriment - I won't be installing the nude patch

Ginger fury
Thu 1st Feb '07 9:35PM
278 Posts
Awwww thats OK then. And I don't have to do nowt nor out then?

Your machine does it all - thats grand that is

a job well done

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Thu 1st Feb '07 9:46PM
2708 Posts

Ginger fury was bold enough to comment:

Trust me when I say that the last thing I want to do is see someone else on the loo... It's kind of why I brought it up!

At this point I'd normally add a comment about how if I had to choose... but there's absolutely no way I can think of putting it that wouldn't end up really, really disturbing.

So I'm glad I didn't bring that up then.

Yes.

Ginger fury
Fri 2nd Feb '07 8:00AM
278 Posts
So what was that all about then Ted?!

Jog_Eerie
Fri 2nd Feb '07 11:31AM
366 Posts
Err...just like to point out that while my life is scattered around my house, when it comes to hard surfaces (kitchen and bathroom) I'm much more of a clean freak.

Food with flies or nasty loos will seriously freak me out!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 2nd Feb '07 5:04PM
4597 Posts
This sounds mega! I love General's affro

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 2nd Feb '07 5:07PM
4678 Posts
Okay.. the house is made, the opening night is here... I shall spend the next hour rebuilding you 5 contestants then unleash them in the house. I'll report back later this evening with a full photo-history of Day 1 in the Big Brother TDDO House!

I'll even add a couple of neatness points to your character, Jog.

Watch this space

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 2nd Feb '07 8:25PM
4678 Posts
For the record, here are your star signs according to the traits you selected:
Amanshu: Taurus
Ginger Fury: Libra
Diziet: Cancer
Jog: Saggitarius
General: Aquarius

Well at least we've got a good mix of personality types!

(Imagine the following in a Geordie accent for added realism)

Day 1 in The TDDO Big Brother House!

I decided General needed a pimp suit. Amanshu talks to the hand whilst the others pose for the assembled paparazzi.

8am and the family is dropped off outside the house. Diziet and Jog get off to a friendly start while General explains to Ginger Fury about his flying crystal ball...

GJ is obviously unimpressed, however, despite the natty suit.

Amanshu decides to skip the introductions and goes straight for the hug, much to Diziet's consternation.

Around 10am, General and GF decide to head indoors and check out the house...

whilst Amanshu tries it on with Jog...

with more success this time.

Ginger Fury immediately sets about improving her logic skills with the telescope...

... while General relaxes inside.

Meanwhile, Diziet squares the love triangle outside by trying it on with Amanshu! And all this before breakfast!

Amanshu and Jog giggle at GF's new hobby...

So Ginge decides to stop being geeky and go for a swim.

She hurls herself skywards with all the carefree grace of a smashed daddy-long-legs...

... and executes a textbook-perfect bellyflop!

By 12.30 GF is watching Diziet on the swing, whilst General continues to read his paper. Suddenly...

But things are getting far too heated to pay them any attention! GF and Diziet discuss a kiss, whilst Amanshu squares up to punch Jog for rejecting another hug! It's at this point Channel 4 would cut to birdsong, but fortunately we spare you none of the juicy details

..however, Amanshu bottles it and Jog walks away in disgust. Darren the neighbour frantically considers his options in case of an incoming hug.

Diziet tells Ginger Fury about a most incredible cloud!

General continues to entertain himself indoors.

Before preparing what looks like the loneliest lunch ever consumed

Fortunately Diziet succumbs to hunger and joins him at the table. General entertains Diziet with a spot of cup-juggling...

then decides to get the party rolling with the thoughtfully-provided cocktail bar.

Jog finally makes it indoors by 4.20pm...

...and makes herself some lunch while Diziet and General get down to some serious boogyin'.

Jog decides to get a barbecue going.

Diziet relaxes in the tub.

Jog serves up hot-dogs for everyone as the sun starts to set.

General wants to use the toilet but Diziet is in the tub!

...so Diziet gets shooed and leaves in a huff...

...though General doesn't seem to mind using the toilet when Ginger Fury is about!

GJ also seems fascinated by the process.

A few minutes later, Jog is having trouble holding on...

8.30pm: Dance Party!

Hygeine levels are dropping and people are starting to leave trails of green ming in their wake...

...so General decides to scrub himself down in the sink, oblivious to the hot tub 3 feet behind him. At least, I think that's what he's doing...

Diziet is horrified by Amanshu's piano playing.

At 10pm, General goes to the Diary Room to complain to Big Brother about the living standards. However, since Big Brother turns out to be a large bronze apple, his complaints go unheard.

Diziet wanted to go to sleep on the settee, but Amanshu's unearthly plonkings are keeping him awake.

Turned out General had other uses in mind for the Diary Room!

Despite Amanshu having reached Creativity level 3 at the piano and doing a reasonable rendition of 'Rhondo Alla Turk', he is now driving the rest of the household crazy too.

And there, at midnight, we must leave our intrepid contestants for the night. They've been remarkably well-behaved so far, although tempers are obviously starting to deteriorate along with standards of hygeine. So far, nobody has even attempted to use a bed to sleep on, I wonder if that has something to do with the lack of doors in the bedroom. Also, I had no idea when I built the place that people would be so reluctant to use a hot tub to bathe in. Ah well, I made their beds and now they have to eat it too!

Tune in tomorrow for another instalment, although I won't be chronicling so many little details as today, possibly due to the fact this post has taken me 4 hours to put together! From here on in it's amusing / important events only!

Phew!

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Fri 2nd Feb '07 8:53PM
1558 Posts
Now that's what I call an update! Far more interesting than Big Brother too.
My mental reading of your commentary kept slipping in and out of Geordie though which was quite disturbing.
Excellent work, I'm looking forward to the first fight. I just hope none of them discuss the nominations...

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 2nd Feb '07 11:42PM
2522 Posts
the most fascinating and hilarious big brother so far, not least coz its got my bad self in it.

demian you are a feckin' genius!

Feign
It's your time you're wasting!
Sat 3rd Feb '07 1:11AM
288 Posts
Hehe, excellent write up of the first day, the house-wide despair about Amanshu's piano playing is hilarious. I'm betting on a fire by day 3, and at least one nervous breakdown by day 4.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 3rd Feb '07 10:48AM
4678 Posts

Feign was bold enough to comment:
I'm betting on a fire by day 3

Yeah, I'm starting to regret installing a fire alarm above the cooker. Life in a burning house could make for some entertaining viewing...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 3rd Feb '07 5:01PM
4678 Posts
DAY 2 IN THE TDDO BIG BROTHER HOUSE!

By 12.40am Diziet and Jog are contemplating suicide by rotten hot-dog as an alternative to Amanshu's plinking.

By 1.30 Jog tries begging me to help. But Amanshu has reached Creativity level 4 and has no intention of stopping! Anyway, I'm a non-interventionist god.

An hour later Diziet wins a green diamond from the game, while Jog sleeps fitfully inbetweenst complaints about the noise. General sleep on peacefully in the Diary Room whilst Ginger Fury relaxes in the hot tub.

At 3.30am Amanshu finally shuts up and GJ broaches the bedrooms.

Just as the last stragglers ar eheading to bed, the toilet springs a leak. Fortunately Diziet is technically-minded enough to address the problem.

General gets up at around 5.30am, while Diziet has yet to get to sleep.

And so it looks like the bed ownerships have been resolved. Diziet dreams about himself in the final double bed while GF and Amanshu sleep separately on the other side.

As the sun comes up, a poorly-rested Jog is discussing maths with General...

...but she cant stand the whiff and so leaves G to his breakfast.

Still, things start looking up for the General!

At 8.30 GF wakes up and heads straight for the bathroom. This seems to cause much consternation and anti-GF feeling amongst General and Jog!

I don't know what it is that General does on that toilet but boy, does it fascinate the ladies!

10am and Jog tries begging to use the bathroom alone, whilst General pleasures himself again at the sink. GF resorts to booze.

General and GF get pissed while Jog clears up the ever-overflowing toilet.

With body language like this, who cares if they speak gibberish?!

Awwww.....

Ginger Fury's... ahem... cocktail making skills impresses the lads

Gossip, ming and lunch: 1.00pm.

And at this point I throw it open to, you the viewing public! Do you want me to install a shower to ease the air a little, or let the housemates continue to stew in their own juices?

Post '0898 652 659' for 'GIVE THEM A SHOWER, YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD'

Post '0898 652 658' for 'LET THEM ROT IN THEIR OWN FETID SLIME'

At 3pm Sunday I will count the votes and act accordingly, at which time the saga will continue with Day 2 Part 2.

Jog_Eerie
Sat 3rd Feb '07 5:02PM
366 Posts
Oh my goodness! Tears are streaming down my face - this is hilarious!

I never knew I liked dancing so much.

And may I say Amanshu - nice pants!

Also love General's suit! Although it must be more than snappy dressing that is making GF and I so attentive in the bathroom!

Edit: and 0898 652 659 - I don't want my sim self to be gassed!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Sun 4th Feb '07 1:25AM
4213 Posts
Awesome work Demian!

I'm a little freaked out, but how much my Sim looks and acts like like me (Though I rarely take a shit without taking my pimp suit off)

Leave them without a shower says I a bit of ming is character building.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org 1 of 2 - 1, 2  Next> Final>> You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedGeneral is The Daddy