By bye hackers
Forum Downtime - New Server! - 1 to 17
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 18th May '07 6:16PM
4597 Posts
Hi All
TheDaddy.org Forum will be offline for a couple of hours tonight as I transfer us to a new UK based server.
Wish me luck!
sp

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 18th May '07 6:23PM
4213 Posts
Good luck Spanmeister!

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 18th May '07 6:25PM
2522 Posts
good luck fella!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Sat 19th May '07 8:39AM
1673 Posts
Hear hear!

I take it that all has worked, then, since it's 8:39am and the forum's working marvellously?

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Sat 19th May '07 1:35PM
4213 Posts
I agree.

Everything seems to be running super quick and shiney

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Sat 19th May '07 2:22PM
2708 Posts
Yay for the not realising what's going on until it's already done and everything is working smoothly!

Spanners*
Sun 20th May '07 12:31PM
4597 Posts
Erm, not quite. I've got all the files and databases copied over to our new server but I'm trying to fine tune some subdomain and email issues before I hit the big 'transfer domain' switch. Should get it finished tonight.

Although the new copy of the forum is already up and running. You can access it here - http://www.thedaddy.org.uk/forum - but the databases aren't synched so posts here won't appear there and vice versa. I'll sync them up manually before we go live.

Spanners*
Tue 22nd May '07 5:44AM
4597 Posts
Hello!
OK I've got the forum ruinning on the new server but the rest of TheDaddy.org is still on the old server.

What does this mean for you?
Hopefully a faster service with none of those CPU overload errors.
Possibly a few error messages (I could get into the issues here but let's just say the new server works quite differently to the old one). None of these messages should mess up functionality but can you let me know when and where you get the messages and copy me the text. I can fix them easily enough.
The old URL (http://forum.thedaddy.org) still works for everything and will always continue to work. However the new server is branded as http://www.thedaddyforum.co.uk so you can get all the same stuff though that address.

Feel free to ask any questions, I know this is all a bit random right now.

Spanners*
Wed 23rd May '07 12:49AM
4597 Posts
OK do other people notice a major speed improvement? Particularly with accessing the first look page?
I don't wanna jinx things but I think I may be suddenly very very happy...

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 23rd May '07 10:13AM
2708 Posts
Compared to yesterday it's much faster, which is cool!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 23rd May '07 6:28PM
4213 Posts
Woo I love the fast new server!

I have been getting some odd SQL errors when I make second opinions but they still seem to work.

Spanners*
Wed 23rd May '07 7:10PM
4597 Posts
Cool, fixed that error. There will probably still be a few of these errors kicking about on the forum, most will say 'undelared variable' or something to that effect. If you can copy the error text into here I can get them fixed PDQ

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 5th Jun '07 3:26PM
2708 Posts
It's really not an issue, but I just tried to log on with Javascript turned off (unsurprisingly it failed) and the 'Processing...' page had:

Notice: Undefined index: alias in /home/fhlinux170/t/thedaddy.org.uk/user/htdocs/user_admin.html on line 18

Notice: Undefined index: pwd in /home/fhlinux170/t/thedaddy.org.uk/user/htdocs/user_admin.html on line 19

Notice: Undefined variable: bd in /home/fhlinux170/t/thedaddy.org.uk/user/htdocs/user_admin.html on line 42

Also, if you preview a post you get:

Notice: Undefined index: nobr in /home/fhlinux170/t/thedaddy.org.uk/user/htdocs/preview.html on line 21

Spanners*
Wed 6th Jun '07 9:00AM
4597 Posts
There's not a lot I can do about the no javascipt errors. Without JS you're just a bit stuck!
I've fixed the preview window though

Spanners*
Sat 14th Jul '07 12:34AM
4597 Posts
OK after the impressively rubbish new server I am very pleased to announce that the Forum is now back running on the old server in America.
Damn it's good to be back!
sp

Let it be known that streamline.net suck balls!

Spanners*
Wed 21st Nov '07 10:19AM
4597 Posts
Hi All
There will be some more downtime today as our server gets upgraded to PHP 5 allowing me to do lots of fun new things and get TDDO looking sexier than ever
sp

Spanners*
Wed 21st Nov '07 11:48AM
4597 Posts
OK the shift has been done. You might notice the address bar has gone a bit funny (I'm looking into that) and you'll have to log in again but other than that all should be well. Let me know if you get any errors.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy