Wii - 31 to 51
Return To Games 2 of 2 - <<First  1, 2

Agentgonzo
There's no pee in catheter!
Thu 11th Oct '07 10:12AM
811 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:

Agentgonzo was bold enough to comment:

I've just managed to hack my AppleTV and get the keyboard and mouse working with it. I'm writing this from my AppleTV connected to the TV

I've heard that you can hack them to run full on OSX without much bother and then use them pretty much as a Mac Mini.

Is that true?

Yes, it is. But the AppleTV's not that powerful (1GHz processor and only 256MB RAM) so you may find that it's a bit sluggish. Still, ú200 for a spiffy mac ain't half bad. My housemate has got Ubuntu running on his. If you want to run OSX on it (or hack it as much as I have) then you'll need access to an Intel Mac to get the binaries off and do the initial installation. They're very cool

The Guv
I have no idea what to put here........ HELP ME
Tue 13th Nov '07 5:53AM
320 Posts
All you Wii owners

go to the shopping channel and download the new Mii contest channel.

Its a chance to share you Mii's with the world and enter comps to create all kinds of Mii's
You can save other Mii's to your console its great fun

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 13th Nov '07 7:25PM
4213 Posts
Just got it.
Rock!

The Guv
Sat 8th Dec '07 10:17AM
320 Posts
Hey guys

If any of you with Wii's have been entering the card thingies you get in games on the Nintendo website you can now exchange your stars for points for use on the VC.
Exchange rate is a bit dodgy but hey points = prizes

anyway go have fun

oh yeah one more thing you have to link your Wii to your club nintendo account all is explained here
Stars for Points

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Sat 8th Dec '07 4:00PM
4213 Posts
Yay lots of lovely points for me!

Nintendo just announced that they are canceling all their Christmas Wii advertising because even without advertising they won't be able to meet demand, so get in quick if you want one for Christmas!

Joshtbw
Now with added toes
Thu 3rd Jan '08 11:30PM
8 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
Announcing: free gifts for all Wii owners!

Nintendo has now started supplying a silicone jacket with every Wiimote - and rather marvellously, if you've already got one or more remotes, you can just fill in a form and they send you the jacket for free:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=565863

Hey, I've ordered two of these for my Wii and no word or sign of them. Has anyone actually received them? I've had a mate bash my door several times, but he's a big gay so he's luckily not broken anything.

joshtbw also takes a bow for becoming a PRO Wii tennis player. Who wants to mingle?

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 4th Jan '08 12:44AM
4213 Posts

Joshtbw was bold enough to comment:

joshtbw also takes a bow for becoming a PRO Wii tennis player. Who wants to mingle?

A few forumers have shared Friend codes and you are welcome to mine if you want it. The only online game I have is Guitar Hero III, but I'm well up for some online rock if anyone else has got it.

If you haven't got it then get it it's frikkin ace.

I've just done my 5* completion on Medium and working my way through the hard difficulty I'm starting to see coloured dots dance before my eyes when I try to sleep.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 4th Jan '08 11:14AM
1673 Posts

Joshtbw was bold enough to comment:

Announcing: free gifts for all Wii owners!

Nintendo has now started supplying a silicone jacket with every Wiimote - and rather marvellously, if you've already got one or more remotes, you can just fill in a form and they send you the jacket for free:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=565863

Hey, I've ordered two of these for my Wii and no word or sign of them. Has anyone actually received them? I've had a mate bash my door several times, but he's a big gay so he's luckily not broken anything.

I've also ordered two and also never received them. But hey, I'm not too bothered, because it looks as though they'd stop the remotes from slotting nicely into my charger thing anyway.

Yes, yes, mingle away. We've made Miis of a great many Forum members (plus several characters from The West Wing). Sending you my code!

Agentgonzo
Fri 4th Jan '08 12:36PM
811 Posts
We've got a Wii for the house that was left here by a friend after our last LAN party. As such, we've kind of hopped into the Wii club for a bit. We decided to each make a MiniMii for eachother rather than doing it ourselves. The one that my housemate made me is astounding. Anyone know how to take screenshots and post them onto the internet.

We also had someone smash the overhead light at the new year's eve party. Not bad for a short person. I believe that he was jumping and serving in tennis at the same time and punched right through it!

Malcolm*
Fri 11th Jan '08 12:41PM
1673 Posts

... our last LAN party...

Agent, you win the January 2008 award for Geek of the Month.

Agentgonzo
Fri 11th Jan '08 1:16PM
811 Posts

Agent, you win the January 2008 award for Geek of the Month.

They started before I moved down south and joined in, but I think that we're on the 16th or 17th LAN party now.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 11th Jan '08 3:11PM
4597 Posts

... our last LAN party...

I think we had these in my halls at uni. Are they where you network your computers and then all sit alone in different rooms playing games together?

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Fri 11th Jan '08 4:42PM
843 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:

I think we had these in my halls at uni. Are they where you network your computers and then all sit alone in different rooms playing games together?

No, it's where you network your computers together, then sit alone in different rooms trying to diagnose why Bob can't see Stephen but can see Eve, and John is transferring everyone's MP3 collection to his own hard drive and bogging down the network, and two people are playing World of Warcraft / Counter-Strike etc "until you guys are ready", then maybe at dawn you'll get in a quick game of Quake or Half-Life

And then the host will think it's really funny to type sv_gravity 0, wait for people to jump, then sv_gravity 10000

Actually that last bit is really funny

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Fri 11th Jan '08 8:45PM
2708 Posts
Well, a good LAN Party involves everyone sat in the same room and somebody having to reinstall windows on their machine, but yes, Dregan basically explained it correctly...

Malcolm*
Sat 12th Jan '08 1:21PM
1673 Posts
To return this thread to the slightly more on-topic: my two free remote jackets have arrived today.

(At least I assume that's what they are - I have a squashable parcel with a printed address label whose return address begins with Jackets. Oddly, and quite uncharacteristically, even as I sit here typing this I still haven't opened the parcel.)

The Guv
Sat 12th Jan '08 4:24PM
320 Posts
I got my jackets a few weeks ago now.....they are ok i suppose.

I have been playing on Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games........it is a good game but it does get your arms working making them tired. great to play with mates though

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Mon 14th Jan '08 1:01PM
843 Posts

To return this thread to the slightly more on-topic: my two free remote jackets have arrived today.

(At least I assume that's what they are - I have a squashable parcel with a printed address label whose return address begins with Jackets. Oddly, and quite uncharacteristically, even as I sit here typing this I still haven't opened the parcel.)

Two????

You mean you didn't defraud Nintendo of your full four jackets? :P

Also, recently I purchased Umbrella Chronicles, and then in short order the Wii Zapper. The game is really good if you even vaguely like Resi or lightgun shooters, and the Zapper is quite good too (Link's Crossbow Training is surprisingly addictive). Ghost Squad will be out in a week or two as well, and it looks to be insane fun, but seeing as how it's a budget title in America and full price here, I might wait a few weeks..

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 14th Jan '08 1:29PM
4213 Posts
I'm a sucker for lightgun games.

I got the zapper for Xmas and I've got Umbrella Chronicles on order.
I'm personally looking forward to House of the Dead 2&3 coming out as it is apparently a direct port of the arcade game which I squandered vast amounts of cash on as a youth. The Wii zapper should match the arcades shotgun controllers very well.

I'm playing through Metroid Prime III at the moment and after using the Wii controls I don't want to play an FPS any other way!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 16th Jan '08 1:14AM
4213 Posts
Just had my first game of Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and I'm imressed so far.

Diz you have to play this game it's a zombie frenzy of epic proportions.

Mr▀etamax
Mmmm Digested Biscuits
Sat 2nd Feb '08 1:47PM
26 Posts
I have just bought a Wii!

It arrives this Monday

*excitement mode*

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Sun 3rd Feb '08 11:34PM
4213 Posts
Dude there is so much joy headed your way.

Not to mention sore arms!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Games 2 of 2 - <<First  1, 2

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy