Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Humming and whistling - 1 to 14
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 6th Jul '07 2:17PM
1673 Posts
I've just bought a little microphone for our computer so that Deanery and I can have high jinks with it in producing something for a friends' wedding. Today I felt like stopping work for a few minutes so I thought I'd try it out with the funky recording program I've never tried before. And then, when I'd done it, I thought I'd post it on the forum.

So, here, for no particular reason, is a recording of me humming once and whistling four times simultaneously. Apologies that it gets a bit high and buzzy at some points, but it seemed against the spirit of the experiment to refine it any more than this.

click here (takes a moment to load)

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 6th Jul '07 2:44PM
2522 Posts
that is brilliant!

edit: am i right in thinking its by pachelbel?

Malcolm*
Fri 6th Jul '07 3:20PM
1673 Posts
Yep - Pachelbel's Canon in D. (or small bits of it, remembered inaccurately off the top of my head.)

But thanks!

I'm thinking perhaps I should start a service producing these to order. Anyone got any requests?

Diziet
optical moose
Fri 6th Jul '07 3:33PM
2522 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:

I'm thinking perhaps I should start a service producing these to order. Anyone got any requests?

i just got a marvelous new phone from spanners. i'd love your vocal wizardry as my ring tone. any chance of hosting it as an mp3?

requests: whiter shade of pale, i want to break free, seven tears (are flowing to the river)

Malcolm*
Fri 6th Jul '07 3:42PM
1673 Posts
Well, I'm honoured! Yes indeed - it's already mp3 format - just right-click on the link above and save it.

As for the requests, I'm now working on a WSoP arrangement in my head while reading an article about mental health. Might attempt it later this afternoon if I finish work early enough!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 6th Jul '07 4:49PM
4678 Posts
This is fantastic!

I rememmber when you were young and you'd do note-perfect recreations of various songs using the PC speaker and the 'beep' command. And also an amazing cover of 'Everybody Hurts' with you playing all the parts yourself. How about another version of that?

Mrsham
I lost my toes in a game of blackjack
Fri 6th Jul '07 5:23PM
505 Posts
Excellent stuff and really quite impressive! It's like a Clangers barbershop quartet. Or what a primary school recorder group would sound like if it was in tune and had a sense of rhythm.

Malcolm, if you ever need:
- a didjeridoo noise
- a chaffinch noise
or
- a wine pouring from a bottle noise

reproducing without the aid of props (other than a recording device) just let me know.

(I think a version of Waltzing Matilda would be the only thing that could combine all three! So that's my request ... store it up for a rainy day )

Ginger fury
i sing chaka khan songs while wearing my white stilettos
Fri 6th Jul '07 11:18PM
278 Posts
Thats brill Malcom the odd thing is it got my Dagus all excited and they wanted to join in. There still squeeking now but no where near as tuneful as your gifted self

Malcolm*
Tue 10th Jul '07 12:55PM
1673 Posts

Diziet was bold enough to comment:

requests: whiter shade of pale

Consider it done!

(apologies - this one takes even longer to load. And I haven't figured out how to stop it going all buzzy - it doesn't do that when I play it back in the recording program.)

Diziet
optical moose
Tue 10th Jul '07 4:45PM
2522 Posts

Diziet was bold enough to comment:

requests: whiter shade of pale

Consider it done!

(apologies - this one takes even longer to load. And I haven't figured out how to stop it going all buzzy - it doesn't do that when I play it back in the recording program.)

outstanding!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 10th Jul '07 10:56PM
4213 Posts
That's awesome!

You should make a montage of the Clangers and post it on You Tube

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 20th Jul '07 11:52PM
4678 Posts

Consider it done!

That is absolutely amazing... how about one more request? God Only Knows, by the Beach Boys - some awesome harmonies for you to work on

Malcolm*
Tue 24th Jul '07 2:13PM
1673 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:

That is absolutely amazing... how about one more request? God Only Knows, by the Beach Boys - some awesome harmonies for you to work on

Aha, an excellent suggestion! Right, I'm a-thinkin' about it - will probably make a start this week.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 24th Jul '07 5:37PM
4678 Posts

Aha, an excellent suggestion! Right, I'm a-thinkin' about it - will probably make a start this week.

Fantastic! If that one proves too tricky, the Beach Boys have done loads of other beautiful harmony-rich songs. In My Room springs to mind as another good one.

Incidentally, what software are you using? Is it Mac-only?

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Best of TheDaddy.org You cannot post to the Archive!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy