Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Insert Key of Evil thwarted by the invinsible Lazer Pen - 1 to 9
Return To Techy Corner

Epicure_mammon
I'm not crazy cause I take the RIGHT pills :)
Mon 3rd Sep '07 3:19PM
140 Posts
Do you find yourself stuck in insert mode and overwriting thoughts of w00tness which never shall surface again? The General found himself in just this situation so - armed with a laser guided pen knife of absolute 1337 I solved said issue thus:

Now his keyboard has the following schema:

Notice the elimination of the completely superfluous insert key!!!!

[EDIT]

Sorry about the blurry photo and mahoosive pictures!!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 3rd Sep '07 3:28PM
4678 Posts
When I first saw the picture I thought you'd hacked a USB port into your keyboard.

So... you pulled the insert key off?

Well it's low-tech but effective I suppose

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 3rd Sep '07 3:38PM
4213 Posts
It was surgically extracated with a USB laser guided HP blade server pen knife I hardly think "pulled it off" covers it!

Epicure_mammon
I'm not crazy cause I take the RIGHT pills :)
Tue 4th Sep '07 9:06AM
140 Posts
my "" key and my "" key don' work. i've alo noiced ha he hif key on he lef doen' work eiher. hi i making life quie ricky a my paword conain a lea one of hoe leer :9

mybe i houldn' go around ripping iner key off people keyboard le my own compuer equipmen decide o eek vengence

Mrsham
I lost my toes in a game of blackjack
Tue 4th Sep '07 9:24AM
505 Posts
A problem of conveying meaning via keyboard when lacking keyage can be regarded favourably: a joyful conundrum.

You're a bi crewed wih your paword hough.

EDIT: got rid of some ""
EDIT2: darn.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 4th Sep '07 5:23PM
4678 Posts

Epicure_mammon was bold enough to comment:
my "" key and my "" key don' work. i've alo noiced ha he hif key on he lef doen' work eiher. hi i making life quie ricky a my paword conain a lea one of hoe leer :9

mybe i houldn' go around ripping iner key off people keyboard le my own compuer equipmen decide o eek vengence

You can probably fix this yourself, if the problem was caused by a spillage (often causes this problem). Unscrew the back plate, and it should fall into 2 case halves and a few flexible transparent pages of circuitry. You'll probably notice the problem keys run along the same piece of plastic. Anyway, you can wash these pladtic sheets with a damp sponge and dry carefully, and your keyboard should be good as new

Edit: If you're feeling particularly lazy, you can just immerse the whole keyboard in hot soapy water, then cold to rinse, but make sure you leave it in a good place for evaporation for at least a couple of days. An airing cupboard would be good. I discovered this before I realised they were dismantle-able / reassemble-able.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 17th Mar '08 3:56PM
4213 Posts

I'm proud to say after months of no insert key running I have finally found a key good enough to insert.

Agentgonzo
There's no pee in catheter!
Tue 18th Mar '08 1:52PM
811 Posts
You could do with giving it a bit of a clean.
Dishwashers are good for cleaning keyboards.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 18th Mar '08 2:06PM
4213 Posts
The whole population were wiped out by a virus spread from a particularly insanitary telephone.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Techy Corner

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMagina is The Daddy