Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Boxing / UFC - 1 to 5
Return To The Big Questions

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 21st Sep '07 12:56PM
4213 Posts
It's not quite topical anymore as the UFC bout at the O2 was a couple of weeks ago, but I was wondering what peoples opinions were of Boxing and Ultimate Fighting.

The BMA aren't all that keen but then their policy is opposition to all combat sports so that's probably not too surprising there. Personally I have no problems with boxing, though usually I don't find it all that exciting, but I must admit that I am a fan of UFC (though no other forms of Cage/Ultimate Fighting that I've seen).

I think much of the opposition that people have tends to be based around the belief that UFC is "no holds barred"fighting which is not true at all as there is quite a comprehensive list of things you can't do. Personally I think UFC is a much safer sport than boxing as much less of the fight involves being punched in the head with padded gloves and fights are quite often won either via submission holds or via stoppage due to lack of "intelligent defense" (the ref believes you are in a position where you can't defend yourself adequately)

I wouldn't extend my respect to other MMA leagues that I have seen which do tend to look a lot like crazy fat blokes slapping each other and often ends in both fighters being too tired to fight due to their poor levels of fitness.

How does anyone else feel about it?

Agentgonzo
There's no pee in catheter!
Fri 21st Sep '07 1:05PM
811 Posts
I have no idea about the boxing stuff, but I'm surprised that people are referring to the Dome as the O2. I'd have just thought that they'd continue to call it the Dome (assuming that I'm right in thinking that you went to the Dome)

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Fri 21st Sep '07 1:33PM
4213 Posts

Agentgonzo was bold enough to comment:
I have no idea about the boxing stuff, but I'm surprised that people are referring to the Dome as the O2. I'd have just thought that they'd continue to call it the Dome (assuming that I'm right in thinking that you went to the Dome)

I didn't go I just watched it on the telly. I would probably call it the O2 just cos the dome was a bit rubbish.

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Wed 3rd Oct '07 7:37PM
1558 Posts
Wait, there's a huge dome, in which people have brutal fights for the entertainment of others? And you're wondering what to call it?

Come on people!

Diziet
optical moose
Wed 3rd Oct '07 10:25PM
2522 Posts

Swoop was bold enough to comment:
Wait, there's a huge dome, in which people have brutal fights for the entertainment of others? And you're wondering what to call it?

Come on people!

that shit ain't shit.

the longest and most brutal alleyway fight scene in a movie ever....Rowdy Roddy Piper goes 5 minutes with Keith David in John Carpenter's paranoid b-movie alien flick They Live. you can FEEL the pain in this scene...

watch the film. its based on a true story.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To The Big Questions

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy