Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
OPEC Accidentally Devalue The Dollar - 1 to 4
Return To The Big Questions

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Sun 18th Nov '07 12:59AM
4213 Posts
Hmm I'm not totally convinced that OPEC broadcasting their fears about the weakness of the dollar was really an accident.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,2212899,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=12

Seems a little fishy that the information leaking led to a further devaluation of the dollar and a rise in oil prices.

Diziet
optical moose
Sun 18th Nov '07 1:54PM
2522 Posts
theres a really interesting stand up show / lecture by rob newman about peak oil that traces western interest in the middle east's oil all the back to world war 1. it touches on the relationship between Opec and the US.

you can see the show here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQhhrzHKMhI

Dregan
a flim flam is as good as a shim sham sam
Mon 19th Nov '07 11:13AM
843 Posts
Oh come on. A technician "accidentally" plugged the TV feed into the "wrong socket", my entire arse. After years of secrecy and never letting anything slip from their money-grabbing, oil-slick mouths, this is the first thing they say? I do not believe it sir, not for one second.

That said, cheap dollar = import PS3 and sell for megabucks

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 19th Nov '07 1:57PM
4597 Posts
Yeah I'm unconvinced this was an accident too. If it was such a secret meeting then why was there a camera in there anyways? And why was there a roomful of reporters nearby?
The dollar is so low now me and Magina are already making plans for an epic american west coast adventure next year.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To The Big Questions

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMalcolm is The Daddy