By bye hackers
My external hard drive has gone weird! help! - 1 to 3
Return To Techy Corner

Diziet
optical moose
Wed 19th Dec '07 7:50PM
2522 Posts
hi all

i'm using an external hard drive on which i store all my downloads. tonight my download folder simply vanished. the space allocated to the download folder is still showing as taken up so it must be there somewhere. i'm currently searching the drive for the folder but does anyone know what might have happened? it just happened really fast - one minute there, the next minute gone. also, are there any disk recovery processes i can use on an external hard drive?

Diziet
optical moose
Wed 19th Dec '07 8:02PM
2522 Posts
okay, that was strange. i found my download folder - it was where it normally is but its folder options had been changed to 'hidden'. now i certainly didn't do it and the computer is spyware / virus-free. very odd indeed...i wonder if my laptop is haunted?

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 21st Dec '07 12:05PM
1673 Posts
Now that IS peculiar. I've never heard of any process that would have changed a folder of your own stuff to "hidden" without your telling it to. Still, glad it seems to be ok!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Techy Corner

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy