Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Want to collaborate on a game? - 1 to 10
Return To Techy Corner

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Sat 15th Mar '08 11:20PM
4213 Posts
As you may know I'm quite into coding at the moment and I've been writing a breakout game.

The problem I am having is that I have all the artistic merit of a 3 year old with a dodgey eye and therefore it would be great if there is anybody out there in forum land who has an overwhelming desire to do some 2d graphics for a game? (3d stuff might come later)

Also if anyone has any interesting projects on the go that they want a hand with or would like to collaborate in writing a game then let me know.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 27th Mar '08 10:06PM
4597 Posts
I'd be up for a big forum collaboration. I'm not amazing at graphics but have done lots of Java in my time, Demian is doing Java in his OU degree, Malcolm is big graphic-designy man, AgentGonzo, Desert Creature and Amanshu know their code...
We could make something very cool between us

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 28th Mar '08 3:05PM
4678 Posts
I think the Span Man might be onto something there. I'm probably the weakest coder of all of you, but Swoop and I both have hella skills in game design, as we've both spend our entire lives, seemingly, playing and creating them. I've even got several specs for games already written out for one day turning into reality.

Obviously it's not much use for this particular project, but if we ever start something big between us then I'll volunteer myself (and maybe Swoop will volunteer to help too) for game rule creation, playtesting and fun-assurance (like quality assurance, but in charge of making sure the output is actually fun, rather than just working and well coded).

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Sat 29th Mar '08 12:38AM
1558 Posts
I returned to this thread out of interest to see what you lot might create really. I have no coding skills or computery knowledge to speak of at all.

If there's ever anything creative I can help with though, either testing or designing puzzles, plots, levels or whatnot, I'd be very happy to stick my oar in and test the water. I'm not bad at mixing metaphors either...

Diz
Unregistered
Wannabe
Forummer
Sat 29th Mar '08 9:30PM
i got lots of ideas and stuff.

can i play?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 31st Mar '08 3:49PM
4678 Posts

diz was bold enough to comment:
i got lots of ideas and stuff.

can i play?

Course you can. Is that our Diziet? If not, sign up, all welcome!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 31st Mar '08 4:13PM
4597 Posts
Sweet so what ideas do the designy people have? All I've got so far is something Mariocart-esque with forummers as characters.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 1st Apr '08 8:54AM
4213 Posts
Ooo isn't it nice when you go away for a while and find that a thread you started has lots of cool stuff on it.

In terms of game ideas I have been thinking about doing a top down tank based shooter something like Robotron/Smash TV meets Cannon Fodder (Game play of the first, but control scheme of the second) Other than that I'm fairly easy.

I would also be up for trying to write a game in C# using XNA game studio as it seems fairly awesome and that would mean it would be playable on the Xbox as well as PC.

Magina*
Mrs Spanners if you please.
Tue 1st Apr '08 3:47PM
288 Posts
I think the game should have rabbits..... and eyeballs....

Diziet
optical moose
Thu 3rd Apr '08 9:50AM
2522 Posts

Magina was bold enough to comment:
I think the game should have rabbits..... and eyeballs....

what about rabbit balls?

Super Rabbit Ball Thwack!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Techy Corner

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedKelly is The Daddy