By bye hackers
Router help required - 1 to 5
Return To Techy Corner

Diziet
optical moose
Sun 27th Apr '08 9:01PM
2522 Posts
hello folks

i've just moved into the GF's house and she has a wireless router set up for her and her daughter's computer.

GF has blocked the connection to her daughter's pc due to concerns but we now want to reactivate this connection. unfortunately, in a storm of Gingerness, the GF has forgotten the login and password for the router.

does anyone know how i can recover this data?

the router is a BT Voyager 2091.

all advice is most welcome.

ta

Emo Squid
sanctus, sanctus, sanctus
Mon 28th Apr '08 12:51PM
624 Posts
I'm guessing you need to reset the EPROM or such like by opening the thing up and either moving a jumper or taking the battery out. This will almost definitely void your warranty. Have you spoken to BT?
Another option would be to just buy a new router, which would probably cost less than a BT engineer coming out to do what I've described above.

EDIT: The default is

admin

admin

if that's any help

Agentgonzo
There's no pee in catheter!
Mon 28th Apr '08 4:05PM
811 Posts
If the manufacturer was sensible, there should be a small reset button somewhere on it. The kind that you'll need to press with a pencil so you don't accidentally press it. This should get around having to take it apart and take the battery out as the squid suggested.

Emo Squid
sanctus, sanctus, sanctus
Mon 28th Apr '08 4:17PM
624 Posts

Agentgonzo was bold enough to comment:
If the manufacturer was sensible, there should be a small reset button somewhere on it. The kind that you'll need to press with a pencil so you don't accidentally press it. This should get around having to take it apart and take the battery out as the squid suggested.

Ah! Of course!! Do that first - i was assuming you'd already done that.

Diziet
optical moose
Tue 29th Apr '08 10:23AM
2522 Posts
great stuff.

cheers fellas

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Techy Corner

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy