By bye hackers
Very simple html question - 1 to 4
Return To Techy Corner

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 20th May '08 2:19PM
758 Posts
Hello!

Was wondering if anyone can help me out - I'm tyring to write a new webpage for work, and can't figure out how to make the font change. I've tried:

[beak-like bracket thing which I can't type as it results in it being hidden]font=arial [as previous]
[font="arial"]

I have tried both of these with capital As also, and both of these in the bit too - ie. [body font=arial]

Nothing seems to work...

I've tried looking it up on google etc, but I don't think I'm typing the right words in - I keep getting results that are about having styles, which is probably a bit beyond me at the moment.

Thank you!

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Tue 20th May '08 2:50PM
4213 Posts
This should sort you out: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_font.asp

If you can spare 20 minutes to learn about it style sheets are the way to go. They save you a lot of time because you can do things like say that body text looks like this and a heading looks like this for your whole site in one go and then you don't ever need to type it again.

http://www.w3schools.com/Css/default.asp

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Tue 20th May '08 3:04PM
758 Posts
Brilliant! Thanks, General. I'll have a look at that - it does sound handy.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 26th May '08 10:20AM
4597 Posts
If you want to specify a particular font for a section of text and don't want to use the deprecated font tag (it's a bit dodgy these days as it's no longer an official part of HTML which means no browsers are obliged to support it) then you can use the following to do the same thing as a font tag:

<span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 10; font-weight: bold;">Text<span>

This is basically Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) in a tag. The span tag is great as it does absolutely nothing on its own but it can be used to encapsulate all the text stylings you need.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Techy Corner

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMagina is The Daddy