Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Pet Enclosures - 1 to 5
Return To Creativity

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 23rd May '08 6:12PM
4597 Posts
So I'm wanting to build a run for our two guinea pigs, Neville and CJ but I'm a bit stuck on designs, materials, collapsibility... well, everything really.
The best idea we have currently is to make a frame out of rectangles made of 2x1 wood which are hinged so they fold flat then put chicken wire across the rectangles. Not very exciting though and would be very long when folded up so could still be a hassle to store.
I need it to be secure, light, foldable and it would be a bonus for it to be generally usable indoors in order to expand their area sometimes and keep them in it when we're cleaning out the cage.
Any thoughts?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 3rd Jun '08 10:20AM
4678 Posts
Would this be any use? 62 quid but it looks pretty good...

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sat 7th Jun '08 11:14AM
4597 Posts
Ooh yeah that's the sort of thing we were thinking of. At 20 Kg though it's a bit on the heavy side and no so usable indoors. I recon we could take that design, get some lighter wood and chicken wire from B&Q and make it for 20

Magina*
Mrs Spanners if you please.
Mon 9th Jun '08 1:21PM
288 Posts
.... and update it by using 'Velcro'; the best invention ever!!!!!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 17th Jun '08 9:33AM
4678 Posts
How about attaching them to elastic and tying the other end to their little wooden bedroom? That way they can roam as far as they like, and they'll always return home eventually

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Creativity

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy