Misses his big brother :(
Thu 18th Sep '08 1:59PM
4597 Posts
Either is fine with me

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 22nd Sep '08 10:03AM
4678 Posts
OK, I'd like to tentatively propose Saturday 4th October at 5.30pm. How does that sound to everyone? Xander and joshtbw said this should be OK.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Tue 23rd Sep '08 9:16AM
1673 Posts
Sorry folks, can we change it to Friday 3rd instead? This is what happens when there are different groups discussing it in different places I suppose. The York Contingent pondered the options and came up with that this weekend (but I forgot to write it here until now). Enormous apologies...

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 23rd Sep '08 9:45AM
4678 Posts
No problemo! New schedule.... 6.30pm on Friday 3rd October. Moved it an hour later too in case people are coming from work.

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Tue 23rd Sep '08 11:18AM
579 Posts
Can I play?

Malcolm*
Tue 23rd Sep '08 11:35AM
1673 Posts
You can indeed, Gertrude! There's half a tablet (the recommended dosage) here at the York office of TasteCamLink with your name on it!

Gertrude
Landy Dirtlady
Wed 24th Sep '08 8:14AM
579 Posts
Woo hoo!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 27th Sep '08 2:42PM
4678 Posts
Purchased today: Tangfastics, Sherbet Fountains, pickled onions, vinegar
Will get the fresh stuff in midweek.

If anyone else comes across sour sweets, grab some! Especially the extra-sour things you sometimess see, unfortunately asda is currently being rearranged so I couldn't find some of the stuff I was after, like those 'toxic shock' things that look like little barrels.

Spanners*
Mon 29th Sep '08 7:45PM
4597 Posts
It's going to be great,the social event of the season...
Any more takers?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 3rd Oct '08 7:49AM
4678 Posts
Iiit's here!

Xander and I will be heading back to mine after work and should be in from 5-5.30. The tastecast itself starts at 6.30 - So Spanners, Magina, Swoop, Joshtbw - do you want to try to get to mine by around 6.15, that way we've got a margin for error?

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Fri 3rd Oct '08 11:07AM
1558 Posts
Sounds good to me. I'm going to hit up the stupid sweets section of the Arndale this lunchtime, to see if there's anything sour I can bring to the party.

[edit] Did someone say Toxic Waste sweets? I bought 2 barrels so I can spend the afternoon horrifying my co-workers and still have enough left over for the magic berries!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 3rd Oct '08 2:48PM
4678 Posts

Swoop was bold enough to comment:
Did someone say Toxic Waste sweets? I bought 2 barrels so I can spend the afternoon horrifying my co-workers and still have enough left over for the magic berries!

Excellent - joshtbw supplied most of a barrel but that's only enough for a couple of tiny sweets each, so more will definitely be useful! There were 13 so I tested one myself. I actually went briefly cross-eyed from the sourness!

Malcolm*
Fri 3rd Oct '08 3:12PM
1673 Posts
And to add to Demian's instructions - well, obviously the timings are the same at the York end. That's kind of the whole point. So if you want to make your way to our house from 6:15ish onwards, that would be marvellous.

Also, we've had a fair number of people dropping out (not a drastic number; there's still a nicely-sized bunch of us) which means there is some spare Miracle Fruit action available to anybody who's in the North Yorkshire area and fancies it! (I'm thinking of you here, Mrsham and Ladybird...)

Spanners*
Fri 3rd Oct '08 3:46PM
4597 Posts
Ooh yeah someone should give Mrsham and Ladybird a shout, it would be great to renew our acquaintance through the traditional act of ingesting miracle fruit across the internet.

Malcolm*
Fri 3rd Oct '08 3:55PM
1673 Posts
Not to worry; they were a-shout'd (which I presume is the Shakespearean English for shouted) a few days ago.

To be honest, I won't mind if there's some fruit tablet left over, as we're going for a curry later on... and, much as I love curry, the possibility of investigating it in a Miracle Fruit manner might just be too intriguing to resist!

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Creativity 2 of 2 - <<First  1, 2

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMagina is The Daddy