By bye hackers
Are you, or have you ever been, in a band? Made a CD, or planning to? - 1 to 19
Return To Music

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Wed 4th Jun '08 2:01PM
1673 Posts
Evening all,

Actually, this isn't a musical request at all but I've stuck it in here so that the right people see it. I'm doing an HND in graphic design, and one of the assignments I need to do in the next month or so is designing a CD cover and inlay for a band. Now, I can just do a completely imaginary one but it's so much more rewarding to do something with actual practical use. So, I was wondering - is there anyone out there in ForumLand who would be interested in letting me design some stuff for their band?

NB you don't actually need to be planning to use the design at all; it would just be a lot better for me if I had some actual people with some actual requirements and considerations to take into account, rather than inventing them all!

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 4th Jun '08 2:49PM
2708 Posts
Oooo! Oooo! I am not and have never been in a band, but I could invent a completely new one for you instead of you having to do it yourself if you'd like?

Malcolm*
Wed 4th Jun '08 5:01PM
1673 Posts

Amanshu was bold enough to comment:
Oooo! Oooo! I am not and have never been in a band, but I could invent a completely new one for you instead of you having to do it yourself if you'd like?

Well, thank you! Not quite what I had in mind, but it may well be better than nothing... If I don't get any other takers, consider yourself hired. Who knows, you might even get a record deal out of it.

Desert Creature
Boof boof, sproing!
Thu 5th Jun '08 3:08PM
101 Posts
Yes please please please. Pick me! Pick me!

I AM A MONSTER. KILL ME. recorded a ten song demo not too long ago. We'd love a CD cover designed for it.

Free gigs for life and your name splashed everywhere we go (not that we've left birmingham so far).

www.iamamonsterkillme.com

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 6th Jun '08 4:52PM
4597 Posts

Desert Creature was bold enough to comment:
I AM A MONSTER. KILL ME. recorded a ten song demo not too long ago. We'd love a CD cover designed for it.

Aww are you not called "Not the face" anymore? That was a great name

Malcolm*
Sat 7th Jun '08 11:09AM
1673 Posts
Desert Creature, you're on! Excellent news.

I've just been over and had a listen at your Myspace page, and I liked it! Kind of a punkish thing going on.

So, tell me more about you! Firstly, have you got any kinds of imagery - logos, fonts, colours, artwork, anything at all really - that you've already been using and would want to incorporate? Also, what about the band itself - what's the idea behind your music? How do you present yourselves generally? What sort of impression would you like to give? And what's the name of the album?

Obviously we'll have to do a lot of this by private discussion, emails etc - but I thought it might be interesting to keep it going a bit on the forum too. What do you reckon? After all, if there'd been a forum that showed the process of a designer and a band putting together a CD cover, I know I'd have wanted to read it.

Desert Creature
Boof boof, sproing!
Tue 10th Jun '08 12:35PM
101 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been jacked out for a few days.

Well, you can see the current logo on the web page. It's the little fetus thing with a heart. I'm quite fond of it although recently there has been some concern from some band members that it might be seen as a comment on the abortion debate. It isn't. It's more about the monstrous potential in any human being. I've got a vector version of it which you might find useful.

There's a general mood of despair in the stuff we do, the conflict of misanthropism and humanism, cynicism and romanticism. But at the end of the day it's all kind of tongue in cheek.

This couldn't have been timed better, we're just in the process of remixing some of the demos.

Ta Malcolm.

Malcolm*
Fri 25th Jul '08 3:42PM
1673 Posts
We apologise for the brief interruption in transmission (due to my having 3 other projects to do first). Normal service has been resumed. Images will be appearing here soon...

Malcolm*
Fri 1st Aug '08 8:54AM
1673 Posts
Searching for I am a monster kill me on Google, I came across this bizarre thread on Yahoo Answers:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080730233758AAKGT5l

Good lord. I can imagine thinking the same thing, but I can't imagine asking a planet full of strangers for their opinions on it...

Desert Creature
Boof boof, sproing!
Fri 1st Aug '08 7:50PM
101 Posts
I love the lack of punctuation! Maybe worth quoting in the CD art?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 23rd Sep '08 9:58AM
2708 Posts
*poke*

Malcolm*
Tue 23rd Sep '08 11:28AM
1673 Posts
Your poke is noted, Amanshu sir. Actually the project is just about finished; a couple of minor tweaks and then it'll be ready. I presume, Mr. Creature, you wouldn't mind if I posted some pictures of it here?

Desert Creature
Boof boof, sproing!
Tue 23rd Sep '08 6:35PM
101 Posts
Of course not! TDDO brought us together after all.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Wed 17th Dec '08 5:49PM
2708 Posts
*poke*

Again.

Desert Creature
Boof boof, sproing!
Fri 19th Dec '08 7:34AM
101 Posts
It really is very good. I'll describe it to you in words but I can't do it justice. Basically there's this upside-down picture of Tommy Cooper on the front and then morris dancers throwing babies on the inside. Real arty like.

Hi from New Zealand btw.

HuMpO
Daddy Mack
Wed 25th Mar '09 1:16AM
27 Posts
Lol Cant Be Bothered To Read Everything.

But I'm In A Band With Some Mates From School, Name: Part Time Idiots.
I Play Bass .

Desert Creature
Boof boof, sproing!
Fri 27th Mar '09 4:31PM
101 Posts
Your a bit late I'm afraid HuMpO! Malcolm did a fab job for me and my band.

But we're all still waiting for him to post the results here. So once again...

*POKE*

Oh and btw it's nothing like I described earlier. I was just trying to get Malcolm to deny it and post the real thing but he didn't bite.

HuMpO
Daddy Mack
Sat 28th Mar '09 10:53PM
27 Posts
I Didnt Actually Read Any Of The Previous Posts Lol, Now I've Just Read The First One And Feel A Bit Stupid . I Was Really Just Letting You Guyz I Was In A Band Though Lol.

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 31st Mar '09 9:54AM
2708 Posts
*poke*

*pokity-poke-poke-poke*

*poke*

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Music

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy