Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
F-stops, focal lengths and filters - 1 to 3
Return To Creativity

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 12th Jun '08 11:26PM
4597 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone can point me towards a decent tutorial on how to operate the more technical aspects of a decent camera. I recently took my old digital camera back to the shop because it was broken and as it was still under warranty I got a lovely upgrade with loads of controls I don't fully understand.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 13th Jun '08 9:09AM
1673 Posts
Yes indeed!

I'd have a look at www.kenrockwell.com/tech . The website looks a bit amateurish, but that's because it is - he's just a bloke who writes lots of photography tutorials in his spare time. But they're well worth a look - they cover not just the technical details, but also loads of hints about whether or not you need to bother with the various intricacies.

Also www.photographers-corner.com is quite a friendly web forum (I met one of them whilst out photographing) where lots of people have written really useful articles and tutorials.

By the way, what kind of camera is it?

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 13th Jun '08 1:48PM
4597 Posts
Thanks Malc! It's a Fuji Finepix S5800. It's no SLR but it's got really good optical zoom and a whole host of features I haven't begun to figure out yet

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Creativity

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSwoop is The Daddy