Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
The Best Wii Games - 1 to 6
Return To Games

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 16th Jun '08 8:20AM
4597 Posts
After the recent arrival of a 32" TV, me and the missus are very excited about getting a Wii in the next couple of months. The question is which are the best games to go for?
From playing on other peoples consoles it's looking like Rayman Raving Rabbids is a safe bet (although I preferred the first edition), Mariokart Wii (as all Mariokarts are amazing), Warioware Smoothe Moves and Kororinpa (the ball-rolly one). Obviously Wii Fit would be great once shops get more stocks but after seeing Malc's Wii Fit injuries I'm a little more hesitant.
Are there any special ones I've missed?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 16th Jun '08 8:44AM
4678 Posts
Not that I've played it, but every reviewer seems to believe Mario Galaxy is about the second-best game ever made. Looks like fantastic fun.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 16th Jun '08 8:48AM
4213 Posts
I've played quite a lot of Wii games and the ones I could recommend are:

For gamers games you can't go wrong with Metroid Corruption or Zelda which are both very good. Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games I've ever played but again is more of a hardcore gamers game (Though I believe Malcolm is a fan)

For more general appeal I would say Mario Galaxy may be the best platform game I've ever played. Paper Mario is also fun and is a mix of retro Mario game and puzzle RPG.
Guitar Hero III is good fun, but expensive and Wii Play and Links crossbow are both worth having because they are very cheap when bought as a pack in with the controllers.

The other thing worth doing is getting a Love Film subscription that includes game then you can play all the Wii games without having to buy them.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Wed 18th Jun '08 8:28PM
4597 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I've had many recommendations of Resident Evil but I never reaqlly have time for long RPGs. Is it any good for a quick half an hour here and there or do you need to get in to a really good session?

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 18th Jun '08 11:25PM
4213 Posts
It's not really an RPG it's more of a very cinematic action game.

You can't really play it for 15 minutes, as you can only save at certain points, but you don't need to play for two hours at a time to get the best out of it.

Resi games are quite cool because weapons are very powerful, but ammo and health are very limited and are carried through from one level to the next so you have to keep a cool head and focus on accuracy while being swamped by freaky Spanish zombies.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Thu 19th Jun '08 2:17PM
1673 Posts
Despite never much being a fan of shooty blood-based games, I did think Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition was fantastic. It remains the only game, on any platform, that I've ever actually played all the way to the end. (admittedly only on easy mode.) The reason I loved it was it was just so atmospheric - like being in a beautiful but extremely tense cinema film the whole way through. It's also got its fair share of puzzle/strategy aspects - where you have to think carefully about how to progress, rather than just kill everything.

It was pretty rare that I'd play it for longer than half an hour or so in a row, and that was usually enough time to find a save point and stop there. I admit, though, there were a good several occasions when I just couldn't get to a save point so just left the thing paused over several days - annoying as it means you can't use the Wii for anything else! Still, though, those times were in the minority.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Games

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy