Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
The best garnish ever... - 1 to 11
Return To Creativity

Magina*
Mrs Spanners if you please.
Thu 26th Jun '08 10:26AM
288 Posts
...at a restaurant called 'Mount Steak' in Prague (they had Bear on the menu!!!) Apologies to the veggies.....

Kangaroo steak, garnished with a banana!!??

Ostrich steak, garnished with a whole cucumber!!!!???

Kelly*
Poke me in the knees and call me Roger
Thu 26th Jun '08 2:08PM
758 Posts
I know it's only a side dish, but are they potato smiley faces next to your steaks? That's brilliant!

Magina*
Thu 26th Jun '08 2:51PM
288 Posts
YES!!! I ordered potato croquettes and got smiley faces. Best restaurant EVER!!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 26th Jun '08 7:24PM
4597 Posts
And I got to have the banana for my pudding! (it was only slightly covered in gravy)

The restaurant is reviewed here and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Prague.

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Fri 27th Jun '08 10:35AM
838 Posts
The Deanery and I are off to Prague on Monday. I shall keep my eyes peeled for this place! Any other recommendations?

Magina*
Sat 28th Jun '08 6:18PM
288 Posts
OOh yes 'Il Flecku'....... I think that's how you spell it.......... is great, lots of beer and singing drunken people! The first night we went there we ended up doing the conga!!

Spanners*
Mon 30th Jun '08 8:46AM
4597 Posts
It's called U Fleku and is in the New Town - it's like a smaller version of the Hofbrauhaus in Munich

Clara
Even red onions have a silver lining
Sun 6th Jul '08 11:33PM
838 Posts
We went to Mount Steak and I can confirm that the mad garnish also accompanies the trout dishes. The Deanery went with the ostrich option and was most impressed with the cucumber origami.

U Fleku was hilarious. Some old fella with an accordian was going round and playing a tune related to every person's nationality. We heard 'Advance Australia Fair' and some Hungarian folk tune before he reached us. We got Yellow Submarine.

It also made us go around singing 'U Fleku, your mamma too, and your daddy' to the tune of Daphne and Celeste's 'ooh stick you' song for the rest of the holiday.

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Mon 7th Jul '08 8:02AM
1673 Posts
OK, I thought there was something odd about this thread from the outset, and now I've worked out what it is:

Clara was bold enough to comment:
I can confirm that the mad garnish also accompanies the trout dishes. The Deanery went with the ostrich option and was most impressed with the cucumber origami.

This is clearly some sort of Soviet code. You're all discussing an upcoming assassination or coup or something. You've probably never even been to Prague. Well, I'm onto you!

Spanners*
Mon 7th Jul '08 8:15AM
4597 Posts

Clara was bold enough to comment:
It also made us go around singing 'U Fleku, your mamma too, and your daddy' to the tune of Daphne and Celeste's 'ooh stick you' song for the rest of the holiday.

It wasn't just us then
I love Prague! There's so much character, good food and great places to see. You don't even run into many stag dos if you venture away from Wenceleslas Square.

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Mon 7th Jul '08 12:21PM
4213 Posts
That place sounds great.

I went to an Argentinian restaurant in Amsterdam where they sold bananas stuffed with beef which were lovely

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Creativity

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy