Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
CFosSpeed - 1 to 3
Return To Techy Corner

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 23rd Jul '08 11:03PM
4678 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has used this, or any other client-side traffic shapers, and if so, has any good reasons why I shouldn't? Are there any inherent risks, either to my download speeds or my TOS with my ISP?

And if these programs are all kosher, how come they're not more widely known about? I've struggled with simultaneous uploads/downloads and downloading whilst gaming for years, to the point where I had pretty much abandoned all hope of ever achieving what ought to be perfectly normal internet usage

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Wed 23rd Jul '08 11:38PM
4213 Posts
Traffic shaping is a pretty well established part of networking and is implemented on most enterprise class IT kit.

Whether this company can actually wrestle better performance out of the slightly shitty XP implementation of the IP stack I guess you can only find out by trying it, but I doubt it's going to make an insane amount of difference as there is already stacks of optimized traffic shaping running on the ISPs hardware.
Do they do an evaluation version?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 24th Jul '08 8:32AM
4678 Posts

General was bold enough to comment:
Traffic shaping is a pretty well established part of networking and is implemented on most enterprise class IT kit.

Whether this company can actually wrestle better performance out of the slightly shitty XP implementation of the IP stack I guess you can only find out by trying it, but I doubt it's going to make an insane amount of difference as there is already stacks of optimized traffic shaping running on the ISPs hardware.
Do they do an evaluation version?

Cheers G, I'll report back if it's any good then. I don't think there's an evaluation version available.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Techy Corner

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedGeneral is The Daddy